Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Return to Normalcy: Arjun & Purvi (Page 19)

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
I hope so too, Jai. Hope so.. Let us see how this all gets sorted out.
BTW, I am enjoying our discussions very much. It is nice to pary with someone with opposite views too :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JaishankarpurethoughtFireLordPhoenix

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jdronamraju

I hope so too, Jai. Hope so.. Let us see how this all gets sorted out.
BTW, I am enjoying our discussions very much. It is nice to pary with someone with opposite views too :)

Yup Jyothi thats the wonderful part of this forum I guess...Wonderful to make new friends like you and have such wonderful discussions..Its wonderful to be part of such amazing discussions.Wink

jdronamrajupurethoughtFireLordPhoenix

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Jai, sorry to jump into your conversation with Jyothi but how long will Archu hide behind her righteous sprit of standing up for what is her version of right or how much longer are we to stomach her holier than thou attitude? My patience is kind of wearing thin on this, yes, she is the protagonist and these are her character flaws - silence and her rigid staunch on what she believes is right. She has always been on the straight path to disaster with these traits and looks like it is not going to change anytime soon. Sympathy has turned to pity and now it is fast turning to impatience with the blinders she constantly seems to don. Mistress of her destiny she is not, alas!!

Dear Jai, sorry not trying to pick a bone but just voicing my frustration with her.

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 24 July 2012 at 2:25pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

dolce123pch76abhimgjdronamrajupurethoughtJaishankarFireLordPhoenixAshlaika

Jaishankar IF-Dazzler
Jaishankar
Jaishankar

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Jai, sorry to jump into your conversation with Jyothi but how long will Archu hide behind her righteous sprit of standing up for what is her version of right or how much longer are we to stomach her holier than thou attitude? My patience is kind of wearing thin on this, yes, she is the protagonist and these are her character flaws - silence and her rigid staunch on what she believes is right. She has always been on the straight path to disaster with these traits and looks like it is not going to change anytime soon. Sympathy has turned to pity and now it is fast turning to impatience with the blinders she constantly seems to don. Mistress of her destiny she is not, alas!!

Dear Jai, sorry not trying to pick a bone but just voicing my frustration with her.

hahah Jahnvi dear you can never make anyone angry re and you can always bud in to the discussion re..you are a sweet heart yourself.. dont worry Smile..
Yup re,thats what I also said right from show started Archu's decision making has got her only one result - disaster..My point was ,she is a emotional fool and makes decisions by heart and never thinks which is her character traits unfortunately but it does not mean she is showing a step mother like behavior to Purvi or being too mean to Arjun. These 2 are two different aspects. Her angry over Arjun is understandable as any parent will be for the mess created and for Purvi she stands by her all the time and Purvi is her life. Having said that ,this entire Challenge scenario was a big farce (being saying that right from the start). So far till now Archu never knows the actual truth ,which is baffling in the entire scenario. Instead of showing Archu asking for the reasoning of the mess,it was shown that she was throwing a challenge to Arjun.I can never understand CV's and their brilliance. 
This whole challenge fiasco was I guess done to strengthen the bond fo Arvi but in the process they made Archu look totally clueless n senseless. I have no expectations from CV's. IF something good happens,its bonus I guess. Even with all her flaws Archu is a person who will still wish only good for even her enemies. Based on her traits as a person she is ,I mentioned re that she can never differentiate between her children and can never be termed evil,emotional fool n senseless sacrifice are her character traits that will be present in her forever.
Archu's characterization has turned into a puzzle for me (thanks to the CV's) to understand but based on the person she is,she is bound to accept Arjun soon n support Arvi soon.
One person I am totally pissed/confused is Sulo. If all others forget also,she will be the first person to keep reminding Archu to choose between Purvi /Ovi which is total non-sense. No one can choose for Arjun,his dad is there for him.Sulo is brain dead..

Edited by Jaishankar - 24 July 2012 at 5:12pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pch76FireLordPhoenix

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Jai, that is too sweet, thank you, deep bow :)

I don't think Archu is capable of ever siding with evil.  I don't doubt she loves Purvi and Sulo's comment today was crazy.  In fact, if push comes to shove, Archana will always choose Purvi over Ovi, more than mamtha and the act of giving birth, association, habit, nurturing all have a powerful part to play and Archana has these bonds with Purvi, not Ovi.  She has been dazzled by the glamor of her two Canada returned daughters, wants to curry favor and prove to them that she is not biased, she really truly loves them, she is fair and will uphold their rights come what may.  With this faulty but somewhat natural feeling, she started off on that tirade at Arjun, ended up elsewhere by going off on a tangent about him being incapable of earning his own living and the 10K challenge.  Brainless, senseless, unfair to Purvi because in trying to act fair to her two natural daughters, Archana bent over backwards the wrong and opposite way so as to make it unfair to Purvi.  Purvi, on the other hand, has no doubt in her mind about her mother's feelings towards her (except for that one instance after the engagement party when the girl was overwhelmed by news of new relations and the jilting), she is confident her mother loves her and it is that belief in her aai's love that makes her go against Archana's express wishes not to meet Arjun.  Purvi knows her mother loves her enough to understand and forgive her even if she errs.  All this of course, does not make a 45 to 50 year old's confusion any less palatable or easier to bear for us viewers.

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 24 July 2012 at 6:50pm

abhimgJaishankarsashashyam

Ashlaika IF-Rockerz
Ashlaika
Ashlaika

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:57pm | IP Logged

I was kinda disappointed that Purvi didnt say "I love u too" in today's episode when he said it over the phone... it would have been something for Arjun to remember in the trying times ahead. As im sure there will be trying times :(.

Soapwatcher1... I hope u caught up and u saw the episode where she bandaged his hand after his fall while practicing for the dahi handi. Arjun and Purvi's love, and do i dare add PASSION, was so great in that scene that it caused many comments for RD and Asha as well :-). Really heartfelt, passionate scene :-).

Jai, I see with what ure saying and most of it I can understand and even agree with. I recall how Archu used to take trash talk from the then pregnant Sharvani and put up with it, all because of the unborn child and her love for the D-family, mainly Savita. But, i guess situations and circumstances make us like or dislike a person and the same can be said for Archana. Remember when Archu was trying to do the "RIGHT" thing with Maduri and Varun... but as a sister... it was hurtful. I would also feel betrayed if I were Vaishu. Don't get me wrong, I used to love Archu and dislike Vaishu alot (esp when Vaishu thought Dharmesh was the best thing since slice bread and insult Archu and Manav at every oppotunity). But, do u honestly ever think Tej would support a stranger over her own sister, Ovi? NO! She makes VERY foolish decisions and can be such a doormat with the D-Family. Yet, it's amazing how she is strong with everyone else and feels she knows what is right, yet she doesnt apply the same thoughts and logic to herself. Anyway... all this long, drawn out talk and example was just to say, that, its not that we dislike Archu... but this particular situation does not endear her to most ppl. It wasnt the trust factor that she lacks with Arjun (he deserves to prove his love after the whole Ovi fiasco), but its the WAY in which it was done and the way she persists in thinking the worse.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgjdronamrajuJaishankarsashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Ash,
Purvi is in her house with her Aaji around, so she wouldnt do it. Moreover, she expresses her feelings more in deeds than words. She is that kinda gal. Arjun is more demonstrative that way. I think for Arjun just the knowledge that she loves him and is with him in all is enough. He doesnt need the words.

As far as Archana is concerned, I have said enough and dont think I can be convinced otherwise. I can only go by what I see now and not from the past. And what she has been doing for the past few weeks is not at all endearing and does not have my sympathy. As far as her daughters are concerned, she needs to open her mouth and talk to clear herself. They are not clairvoyant, and will go by what they are told.

Edited by jdronamraju - 24 July 2012 at 7:24pm

abhimgAshlaikasashashyam

jdronamraju Goldie
jdronamraju
jdronamraju

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Jai, that is too sweet, thank you, deep bow :)

I don't think Archu is capable of ever siding with evil.  I don't doubt she loves Purvi and Sulo's comment today was crazy.  In fact, if push comes to shove, Archana will always choose Purvi over Ovi, more than mamtha and the act of giving birth, association, habit, nurturing all have a powerful part to play and Archana has these bonds with Purvi, not Ovi.  She has been dazzled by the glamor of her two Canada returned daughters, wants to curry favor and prove to them that she is not biased, she really truly loves them, she is fair and will uphold their rights come what may.  With this faulty but somewhat natural feeling, she started off on that tirade at Arjun, ended up elsewhere by going off on a tangent about him being incapable of earning his own living and the 10K challenge.  Brainless, senseless, unfair to Purvi because in trying to act fair to her two natural daughters, Archana bent over backwards the wrong and opposite way so as to make it unfair to Purvi.  Purvi, on the other hand, has no doubt in her mind about her mother's feelings towards her (except for that one instance after the engagement party when the girl was overwhelmed by news of new relations and the jilting), she is confident her mother loves her and it is that belief in her aai's love that makes her go against Archana's express wishes not to meet Arjun.  Purvi knows her mother loves her enough to understand and forgive her even if she errs.  All this of course, does not make a 45 to 50 year old's confusion any less palatable or easier to bear for us viewers.

You couldnt have said it any better, Jahnvi. Was on target...

soapwatcher1sashashyam_OrChiD_

Go to top