Posted: 03 September 2012 at 2:58am | IP Logged
wonderful update

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalyaani

ruchshah Senior Member
ruchshah
ruchshah

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:10am | IP Logged
awesome update...great going ahead with the story!!!

I totally agree with Khushi's pov...Y is no one to ask Arnav about his life-choices...aslo Payal n Dadi n all others still dont know what their Anjali is upto?? Double standards seem to be crept with Dadi n Payal is a bit inclined on that path too...appreciate your defending LavanyaClap

Farhan comes across as a nice.warm person...like it!!

Thanks for the PM...please update soon!

Kalyaani

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kishmish

"That is hypocrisy at its delicate best Payal, you are judging Lavanya's morality on the grounds of her being a virgin or not. ASR has had many women in his life and that is commendable and if Lavanya has had as many men in her life it is condemnable." ... 

This is our society ... a man can do as he pleases but a woman must live by the rules that have been set ... in a conservative manner ... there is so much hypocrisy in our society ... two sets of rules apply ... one for the man and one for the woman ... 

Loved Khushi standing upto Lavanya ... 

Khushi was not just standing up for Lavanya; she was surprised that an educated and modern woman like Payal spoke in that manner. Payal has her reasons for not liking Lavanya but to misguide her anger by questioning her morality is what surprises Khushi. It is Payal's cowardice in a way to keep referring to Arnav or Dadi in the conversation, she is not brave enough to say she disapproves, her views may be archaic but her inability to voice those views is what bugs Khushi.

serialwatcher16

spongebobchick Senior Member
spongebobchick
spongebobchick

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 4:38am | IP Logged
After reading 'Raizada and Sons', I started reading TPOL, and like the latter it is amazing. It's good to see a more modern and independent Khushi for example in the last chapter, with her conversation with Payal, it's clear Payal's attitude towards Lavanya was mainly based on her judgment towards Lavanyas personal life ( I have to agree with Khushi here, hypocrisy aside, Payal should have just said what she meant instead of stating 'Dadi would not approve' or 'I don't see what ASR saw in her' ) 
I've also loved the slow build up in revealing Khushi's past, I think it was really great to see how a character would deal with the loss of a parent and then the gain of one; one who she has to work with without him knowing she is indeed his daughter. 
I don't blame Arnav for being intrigued by Khushi's sudden appearance in RE, and even though Khushi has acknowledged the fact she finds him good-looking, it's still unclear what he thinks of her (and Lavanya at that fact - I just don't think he should be kissing another girl if he has a girlfriend!!!)
I'm looking forward to seeing where this FF progresses!!!! Seriously great updates and another great read!

Kalyaani

damonzlady Goldie
damonzlady
damonzlady

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 5:13am | IP Logged
love the update!love how Khushi defended Lavanya...

Kalyaani

lastdesire IF-Dazzler
lastdesire
lastdesire

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:51am | IP Logged
yayeee  khushi i second u lol
seriously its da damn norm of our damn society ppl dun feel reluctant in raising a finger at a gals honor:@
dis really irks me
love u kalyani:P
thanx 4 da pm:)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sunayana27Kalyaani

Anamika100 IF-Dazzler
Anamika100
Anamika100

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
I did not like Khushi's lecturing to Payal about Lavanya.  Until now, Khushi has been a very balanced human being and now suddenly she is smacking too much of a do gooder...this just did not feel in character.  It would have been normal for Khushi to bring it up to alert Payal but not this level of persistence/ badgering.  What Payal said about Lavanya was true...that until now she has not behaved nicely to anyone.

I understand the issue you are exploring...that of double standards for men and women.  Payal 's position as a sister-in-law, commenting on what kind of a girl would fit in their family is absolutely normal.

Edited by Anamika100 - 03 September 2012 at 10:07pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Micha1005serialwatcher16Kalyaani

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anamika100

I did not like Khushi's lecturing to Payal about Lavanya.  Until now, Khushi has been a very balanced human being and now suddenly she is smacking too much of a do gooder...this just did not feel in character.  It would have been normal for Khushi to bring it up to alert Payal but not this level of persistence/ badgering.  What Payal said about Lavanya was true...that until now she has not behaved nicely to anyone.

I understand the issue you are exploring...that of double standards for men and women.  Payal 's position as a sister-in-law, commenting on what kind of a girl would fit in their family is absolutely normal.

Gee…I like this too…it is the other way of looking at the Payal-Khushi conversation and Khushi is not moral policing either, her stand on morality aside; she is surprised by Payal's attitude and that is what irks Khushi. Coming to think of it, she cares more for Payal in this conversation less for Lavanya, she does say it is not like her to be mean. If you read the bit where I mentioned

'Payal was a sympathetic soul who was willing to lend an ear to anyone who needs to talk, however she did not count Lavanya one among them and she had had many reasons in the past to behave the way she did. Lavanya had never interacted with her in the past and though she did not care much for her, she was annoyed she was being friendly with others now that her relationship was strained with Bhai.'

I am also pasting my reply to another post here. Khushi was not just standing up for Lavanya; she was surprised that an educated and modern woman like Payal spoke in that manner. Payal has her reasons for not liking Lavanya but to misguide her anger by questioning her morality is what surprises Khushi. It is Payal's cowardice in a way to keep referring to Arnav or Dadi in the conversation, she is not brave enough to say she disapproves, her views may be archaic but her inability to voice those views is what bugs Khushi.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lalitha203Archu61Kittya_CullenAnamika100serialwatcher16

Go to top