India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Removed the story (Page 132)

nimra21 Senior Member
nimra21
nimra21

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
This story has picked up pace now and I am completely hooked. Not to say I wasn't before but now this is a story that I keep thinking about because I am loving the way you are showing development in Arnav and Khushi's relationship. :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalyaani

ranjanatripathi IF-Dazzler
ranjanatripathi
ranjanatripathi

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalyaani

Hi!!! I read all 28 chapters in one go...
the story is very different from any that I've read till date...
It is intriguing as well as gripping
Do pm me the next update if its not a bother...

Chapter Twenty ' eight

She got to office as soon as she finished the call; she was to meet Mahi and Ajit for lunch today and was in time for the meeting. Akash asked her for the updates she shared with Arnav and after giving him those details, headed to Mahi's cabin.

A soft knock on the door and she walked in to see the two gentlemen deep in conversation. They stopped to greet her, Ajit walked up to her and hugged her and she reciprocated with equal warmth and smiled.

"It's been so many days since I last saw you Chac'Mr. Raizada" she corrected her greeting realizing Mahi too was in the cabin and they both turned to gauge his reaction to their exchange and his face did not mask his surprise. She did not react further but sat down to speak to them, Ajit followed suit; having turned his back to Mahi.

Mahi felt a pang, he had interacted on many occasions with Khushi and she did not feel this comfortable around him, he did envy Ajit on this count. He sat down clumsily rubbing his chest and drew Ajit's attention.

"Mahi, is anything the matter, you look uncomfortable?" Ajit asked moving close to Mahi placing a hand on his shoulder. Mahi shook his head, dismissing it as nothing and sat watching Khushi. It intrigued him, the relation Khushi and Ajit shared; on many occasions Ajit had spoken about her, almost eager to share every bit of information he knew, he felt compelled to share. Mahi did take it all in as he too found himself interested in knowing Khushi and would admit, his thick-skulled nephew's behavior towards her was another reason for him to take further interest in her.

Ajit rarely came to office these days and yet he noticed the obvious comfort, they were talking about her father and that piqued his interest. She was telling him about her father's visit and how much she missed him.

"You father was in Delhi?" he asked as causally he could and noticed the flash of surprise pass Ajit's eyes, there must be something that he did not know.

"Yes, he came in from Zurich and stopped here for the weekend" she replied, wondering why Mahi was taking interest in her father and immediately looked at Ajit to check if Mahi knew. When Ajit shook his head in the negative she relaxed.

"He works in Bangalore I thought? Does he travel a lot?" questioning, he found the lawyer in him surfacing.

"I have mentioned this to you Mahi, Shashi works for an Insurance firm and hence travels a lot" a tad uncomfortable with his questions and looked down impatiently at her phone, Arnav had not called, yet.

"So you have'" he left it at that sensing her discomfort at the sudden interest in her father.

Ajit stepped in to divert the conversation to something neutral and started talking about the work Mahi and Khushi were doing together. It worked as both started speaking animatedly, sharing anecdotes about the absurdity of certain claims made by some vendors. Ajit observed the duo, he wanted to feel happy at the scene playing before his eyes; he did not, it was shame. A feeling he was reintroduced each time he thought of Khushi, Garima or Mahi. A cruel reminder of what his mother and brother had done to a hapless woman, to meet their own purpose. He had withheld a lot of the truth from Khushi and as she now seemed so comfortable with Mahi, it may just be the right time to tell her everything.

He was lost in his world and did not respond to Khushi the first and when he heard her take his name again in a concerned voice, he turned to answer her. "Yes, let's have lunch" absent mindedly.

"I asked you about the case Ajit and not lunch" Mahi was a bit concerned at Ajit's odd behavior.

"Oh'I'm sorry, guess it is my empty stomach which is not allowing my mind to function properly. Mahi, please order the food and I will update you about the case" sitting behind his desk, gathering his thoughts and arranging his face to look less disoriented.

While Mahi was busy ordering the food, Khushi turned to him with eyes filled with worry for him. He reached out to hold her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze and mouthed 'I'm fine'.  She bobbed her head in acceptance, it must be difficult for him too, to live in guilt; she being a reminder of the things he wanted to forget. A thorough gentleman, he was and like her father, was all heart. It was often discussed with Shashi, the goodness of Ajit and she was glad he was the first Raizada she knew; although technically it was Arnav she met first.

Having ordered for the food Mahi turned to speak to the two who were taking softly and looked up as he cleared his throat dramatically.

"What plans does Arnav have once he wins the case Ajit?" he asked as they sat waiting for the food.

"Let us wait for the verdict Mahi, I am hopeful; but the amount of time this case has taken, it scares me to jump to any conclusions" Ajit answered and catching Khushi's puzzled expression, he explained further. "There is an ancestral property in Lucknow, which Arnav is fighting tooth and nail for. He has gone to attend the case with his Dadi."

"I'm aware of his visit to Lucknow, was on call with him for close to two hours discussing the work that needs attention in his absence" she answered, watching the men take in this with a dry smile on their faces. It did annoy her a bit, the way Mahi reacted whenever she took Arnav's name or refered to him; they were colleagues and nothing more, yet.

Ajit started talking about the case in detail "he has gone with Ammaji; this case pertains to the haveli in Lucknow named Sheesh Mahal. That has been in our family for over seven generations and holds many memories for us, mostly good ones." Looking at Mahi for confirmation he continued "you know Khushi, before this case was filed; Arnav was keen on the property to stay within the family and had gone about it ethically. My cousin then started creating problems, but Arnav wanted that property at any cost and hopefully it would be his."

She smiled, it must be very valuable for him to pursue it this relentlessly, and coming to think of it was passionate about everything he did; be it this case or any other deal. He had mentioned something about not liking Lucknow and the confusion about that must have shown on her face and Ajit cleared it.

"Arnav loved going to Lucknow, when he was younger but after his father's demise; things changed drastically. He could not get himself to go there unless it was unavoidable. Hopefully the haveli coming back to us may change his feeling towards the city. At one point in time he would jump at the idea of going there with his mother and sister. Ask Mahi, he is from Lucknow too" he stiffened saying the last be and noticed the color drain from Khushi's face too.

Oblivious to their reaction Mahi started talking about those days with apparent fondness. He spoke about the time he spent with Anjali and Arnav at Lucknow and would have continued but for the stricken expression on Khushi's face. He stopped just as abruptly and stood up to walk towards her but Ajit was there before him and held her hands in his, patting it reassuringly. Mahi did not appreciate this display of affection from Ajit and waited patiently for an explanation.

Khushi's eyes were shining with unshed tears and composing herself, she simply stated "Maa was from Lucknow and we went there often. After her demise, we have never gone back." Taking a few deep breaths she added "we too have family there but it's not the same, anymore."

Mahi's expression changed completely from of irritation to that of understanding, he wanted to comfort her the same way Ajit was doing currently. He held back as he realized, Khushi was far more comfortable with Ajit and he would not be able to do as good a job. The food arrived and the conversation turned to cuisines, just like that the thick air cleared in the cabin.

Khushi was distracted throughout lunch and wanted to get back to her desk as fast as possible, Arnav could call any time. Ajit asked her what the matter was, when he caught her checking her mobile repeatedly. She nonchalantly replied, saying she was expecting a call from her father regarding some personal work that she had to attend to.

"We don't want to hold you back, carry on. I just wanted to meet you" Ajit gestured her to get going and sat down on his chair once she left the cabin.

"You know her well, is she a friend's daughter?" Mahi asked, unable to curtail his curiosity.

"Yes, I know her father" was all Ajit offered and his phone rang, he answered it as it was his mother.

"Haan Amma'..really'that is fantastic'..we have to get the property registered in Arnav's name at the earliest. Oh, he has arranged for it'.good'good'.alright. I will let Mahi know about this, where is Arnav, signing the court orders is it? I will call him later" he disconnected the call and turned to a beaming Mahi. It was unnecessary to relay the conversation as Mahi gathered the details. Arnav had won the case and it was celebration time.

Khushi was walking towards her desk when her phone rang and seeing 'ASR calling', she went into an empty conference room to take the call to avoid any disturbance. "We won Khushi, we won the case" he said his voice heavy with excitement and joy, it rubbed off on her too.

A bright smile spread across her face her congratulated him "Congratulations Sir, I can just imagine what a big relief it must be to finally win the case."

"Yes, it is huge relief and I am elated to put it mildly" he too was grinning and walked away as he saw his Dadi looking at him curiously.

"Do we safely conclude your mission was a success?" she teased.

He chuckled "Yes, this soldier has defeated the enemy and secured the border, the 'RE' flag flies proud on the border now" he replied refereeing to their SMS exchange the previous night.

Unlike him, she laughed whole heartedly and that spread his smile further. "I will have to get back to signing some papers Khushi" he started to say and she took the cue.

"I understand Sir, shall I block time between four and five to discuss the information you requested?" she asked.

"That can wait Khushi, I just wanted to share this news with you" his voice went low and soft suddenly.

"I'm glad you did Sir. Once again congratulations" she said the smile making her eyes twinkle.

"Thank you Khushi" he replied and cut the call.

She glanced at her feet and yes they were firmly on the ground, then why did she feel like she was a few inches above. He had called her, not for work but to share his happiness, and this spoke of happy tidings; very happy tidings.

Author's note - Thank you for reading, please do hit the like button and leave a comment if you found the update/story interesting enough. I do send out PMs to those who do so, as I would not want to flood anybody's inbox if they are not interested in reading or receiving PMs for this story. Alternatively, you can also block my name if you don't wish to receive PMs from me, I would not mind. I would want you to enjoy my writing and not like it to be forced.

If you wish to receive PMs, do send across a buddy request.

A fist full of colour -Kalyaani's writing korner

Krishnaluv94 IF-Rockerz
Krishnaluv94
Krishnaluv94

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Loved the update! Thanks for the update and PM!
Anamika100 IF-Dazzler
Anamika100
Anamika100

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
Interesting that there are all these men, .vying for Khushi's attention in various capacities...Shashi, Mahi, Ajit and ASR.  

When this story began, ASR and Khushi met in the hospital and he kissed her...subsequently we heard about ASR in South Africa where Lavanya  joined him and they shared a living arrangement...I am now finding ASR very toned down and truth be told, not that exciting.  The whole outing with the niece...which was nice and framed him as a family man.

Did he have to be toned down to make him palatable to Khushi or worthy of Khushi?  could she not have handled him in his man of the world Avtaar?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arathy-VKalyaani

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anamika100

Interesting that there are all these men, .vying for Khushi's attention in various capacities...Shashi, Mahi, Ajit and ASR.  

When this story began, ASR and Khushi met in the hospital and he kissed her...subsequently we heard about ASR in South Africa where Lavanya  joined him and they shared a living arrangement...I am now finding ASR very toned down and truth be told, not that exciting.  The whole outing with the niece...which was nice and framed him as a family man.

Did he have to be toned down to make him palatable to Khushi or worthy of Khushi?  could she not have handled him in his man of the world Avtaar?

Interesting indeed, he is what he is and has not altered for Khushi; our man is too entrenched in his ways to bother. It is more her view of him that is changing, he is taking her as a challenge to impress, is that not signature ASR, everything is a challenge for the man.

As had mentioned in one of the updates, Jekyll & Hyde….that is what he is.

On her part Khushi likes both and has admitted to this as well.

serialwatcher16

soniachammu Senior Member
soniachammu
soniachammu

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Arnav in pursuit of love automatically calling khushi to share his happiness that's simply awesome
Mahi feeling annoyed of not being able to know more about khushi wonder what he does when he comes to know abt her being his daughter

Kalyaani

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 1:18am | IP Logged

Hello,

I see many new readers on the thread and the forum, welcome to "Arnav and Khushi fictional abode". Thank you for visiting this story and I do hope you like what you are going to read. This story hopefully brings a smile or tears, as the situation maybe in your lives. I appreciate the time you take to read the updates.

I urge you to leave your comments on reading the updates; please note there is no compulsion to do so. It is very encouraging to read your views, I do not seek praises alone (although they are welcome) but would want you to highlight something that does not sit well with you or notice anything incorrect, and I would gladly rectify it. I would also encourage you to read the comments of other readers, they are insightful. It adds to the story reading experience.

I say this after every update and am sorry to repeat; I do send out PMs to those who leave a comment, as I would not want to flood anybody's inbox if they are not interested in reading or receiving PMs for this story. Alternatively, you can also block my name if you don't wish to receive PMs from me, I would not mind. I would want you to enjoy my writing and not like it to be forced.

If you wish to receive PMs, do send across a buddy request.

Regards,

Kalyaani

Chapter 29 (precap)

He seemed to have all the time and energy these days and if the office gossip was to be believed, he was not looking for another girlfriend yet, though many in office had tried to replace Lavanya. This spelt trouble for Khushi, she found herself buried with work and would have enjoyed it but for his comments. He pushed her to do more and get better at her work, it seemed to annoy her yet endear him to her, the attraction showed no signs of going away; in fact it was getting stronger by the day. She had given up fighting it and went with the flow.

He was back from Lucknow and did not look too pleased to have visited that city. She hoped they would not get back to the old ways of arguing and irritating each other. Mahi had not come into work that day and she had tried his cell and it was turned off, surprised she let it be and got down to work. She did try his number a couple of times during the day with the same result. It was late and most of the staff had left for the day, she was winding up for the day and decided to check with Arnav if he knew where Mahi was and if was coming in to work the next day.

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyArnavsarahsaphiresony19905armadprayasbanetta10ssidraanamika00gayatri_ychristmasvtansoniachammusomeoneipksnehashetty34charmfriendsamster03annabvidya.sanjaytanurocksAnamika100sparikhashred12PersieVserialwatcher16peeplimeera30aamirkhanfan

samster03 Goldie
samster03
samster03

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Khushi searching for mahi..? Sounds interesting..update soon dear :)

Edited by samster03 - 21 September 2012 at 1:28am

Kalyaani

Go to top