Removed the story (Page 121)

niharika111 Senior Member
niharika111
niharika111

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reniji66

Originally posted by Kalyaani

Originally posted by niharika111

The note about the relationship between the different characters was particularly enlightening. I have one question though...
I understand that arnav is unaware of the relationship between Khushi and his family.
But Khushi knows that she is the biological daughter of Arnav's mama. Yet she seems to have no reservation in this regard about her growing fondness for Arnav (which to me is borderline incestuous); Does the fact that Arnav's mom and mama are not related by blood, make it acceptable to Khushi, who is so morally righteous otherwise (sorry if I may seem rude), to pursue this attraction that she feels for Arnav?

It is one way to look at the matter; she did not grow up with Arnav or Akash to think of them as cousins. Arnav is clueless about her parentage but Khushi knows everything about Arnav and his family tree, yet does not take that as a signal to go ahead with the relationship. Let's not forget she is fighting her attraction, albeit unsuccessfully.

Another reader observed, that it is a common practice in most parts of India; niece marrying her Mama or cousins marrying. Genetically discouraged but practiced widely to keep assets and property within the family; also to avoid issues that may tarnish family honour.

Two things:  Love your quote at the bottom from Atticus.  TKAMB is my very favorite book.  Number two why is there talk of incest when Khushi and Arnav are not related by blood?  If she knows who she is and that Arnav and Mama are not really blood relatives, why is anyone talking of common cousin marriage practices wherever and incest?  I don't get it.  Adoptive means not related by blood.  Khushi did not grow up with them and she is technically not related to them.  Why the concerns?  Why are we talking genetics here when Mama is clearly trying to get them together?  If it was wrong, wouldn't he discourage rather than encourage it?  don't get it.
Well in this case Mama does not know that Khushi is his biological daughter. he likes Khushi and thinks that she would get along very well with Arnav.
Its true that Khushi and Arnav are not related by blood, but once it becomes common knowledge that Khushi is Mama's biological daughter, it might just get a tad bit awkward for the entire family. But yes, it would in no way be illegal.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

latekateveil_of_rosesKalyaani

N0306 IF-Dazzler
N0306
N0306

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
beautifully written kalyaani.. How arnav's curiosity to know khushi turning into him feeling incomplete without her. Last line was epic.. can't wait to see the reaction of Khushi; the girl who is pushing away from attraction or getting emotionally attached to any guy..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalyaani

seshatree IF-Dazzler
seshatree
seshatree

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
awesome...pls add me in ur pm list...

Kalyaani

ruchshah Senior Member
ruchshah
ruchshah

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 7:50pm | IP Logged

Thanks for the PM...

It was an interesting phone conversation...ASR has turned to calling her by first name..wonder when Khushi too will call"Arnav"???
Cant wait for the next update!!

Kalyaani

soniachammu Senior Member
soniachammu
soniachammu

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Arnav's pull towards khushi is quite visible
Hope he considers her the same when the truth is out

Kalyaani

cpervaiz Goldie
cpervaiz
cpervaiz

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
brilliant part
can't believe arnav haven't figured out
that khushi have a cruch on him, hopefully not soon
since he will start taking advantage of that fact and won't
come out himself soon
can't wait to read more
thanx for the pm:)

Kalyaani

blablabla_mo7 Goldie
blablabla_mo7
blablabla_mo7

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
He made her wait for his call and he's calling her to share his happiness with her. Arnav is falling for her? I hope so. He not meeting her expectation? Wow that must be a big blow to his ego. I really hope he doesn't realize his effects on Khushi and her crush on him too soon to manipulate her.

Wondering how will he react when he knows that she's Mahis daughter.

Khushi responded well to him, brilliant.

The update was fab! The last para especially.. Just loved it
Thanks for the pm and regular updates. You're the best!

Kalyaani

veil_of_roses IF-Dazzler
veil_of_roses
veil_of_roses

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Thanks for PM... So involuntarily Khushi has made Sp place in Arnie's heart & mind in Arnav's words "one more Raizada beats Dust."

Kalyaani

Go to top