Removed the story (Page 119)

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reniji66

Originally posted by Kalyaani

Originally posted by niharika111

The note about the relationship between the different characters was particularly enlightening. I have one question though...
I understand that arnav is unaware of the relationship between Khushi and his family.
But Khushi knows that she is the biological daughter of Arnav's mama. Yet she seems to have no reservation in this regard about her growing fondness for Arnav (which to me is borderline incestuous); Does the fact that Arnav's mom and mama are not related by blood, make it acceptable to Khushi, who is so morally righteous otherwise (sorry if I may seem rude), to pursue this attraction that she feels for Arnav?

It is one way to look at the matter; she did not grow up with Arnav or Akash to think of them as cousins. Arnav is clueless about her parentage but Khushi knows everything about Arnav and his family tree, yet does not take that as a signal to go ahead with the relationship. Let's not forget she is fighting her attraction, albeit unsuccessfully.

Another reader observed, that it is a common practice in most parts of India; niece marrying her Mama or cousins marrying. Genetically discouraged but practiced widely to keep assets and property within the family; also to avoid issues that may tarnish family honour.

Two things:  Love your quote at the bottom from Atticus.  TKAMB is my very favorite book.  Number two why is there talk of incest when Khushi and Arnav are not related by blood?  If she knows who she is and that Arnav and Mama are not really blood relatives, why is anyone talking of common cousin marriage practices wherever and incest?  I don't get it.  Adoptive means not related by blood.  Khushi did not grow up with them and she is technically not related to them.  Why the concerns?  Why are we talking genetics here when Mama is clearly trying to get them together?  If it was wrong, wouldn't he discourage rather than encourage it?  don't get it.

'To kill a mocking bird' is a personal favourite too. Coming to the question, it was raised to understand the relations clearly. Mama like Arnav does not know of Khushi's parentage; she is a good girl and he thinks she would be good for his nephew. Different views that is all...

lakraj80 IF-Dazzler
lakraj80
lakraj80

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
OMG! I absolutely loved it. Pls pls update soon, cannot wait to read further, very well written. Thnks for the pm.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalyaani

kvarsha IF-Rockerz
kvarsha
kvarsha

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
nice oneee...
thnx 4 pmBig smile

Kalyaani

samrudhi.r IF-Dazzler
samrudhi.r
samrudhi.r

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
WONDERFUL

Kalyaani

sparikh IF-Dazzler
sparikh
sparikh

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Loved A & K convo...Dadi heard his side; is she going to figure out Choteys feelings as well...fun times ahead!

What a place to stop...Cant wait to read K's reaction to the call & his reaction to her comment...pls pls update soon...

-Sona

Kalyaani

Khushi4Arnav Senior Member
Khushi4Arnav
Khushi4Arnav

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
A Call to Complete his Happiness... her WAITING for HIm !
Another Beautiful Update. 

I loved this thought of Arnav, He really is falling for her and it isn't a passing face. He is consciously making efforts, Infact, it seems he has already assumed what sort of MAN she preferred and is even comparing his own traits... 
"Khushi topped the complexity index. Despite his best efforts he always felt he was below par around her. There was no way he could match her expectations of an ideal man, any word which was wrongly used or that one gesture which would send her reeling off the edge."

I liked ur version of conversation with much more being said without being spoken. 

Kalyaani

henamani IF-Dazzler
henamani
henamani

Posted: 17 September 2012 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
thanks for the pm kalyani
both updates were superb. will do analysis after couple more

Kalyaani

Stapleton IF-Rockerz
Stapleton