India-Forums

Dekha Ek Khwaab
Dekha Ek Khwaab

Letter to Sony Entertainment Television

kitty18w Newbie
kitty18w
kitty18w

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:38am | IP Logged

Dear friends, this is my first post.Smile I really love DEK and i sent this letter to Sony and this is the least i can do to save my favorite serial. I hope they change their decision. Day Dreaming

Dear Sony,

First of all I request you to read this completely.

DEK must not go off air

I want to ask from Sony TV that do you really expect us fans to watch a new serial instead of DEK and you can gain TRP. You will never get our support because your channel can not be trusted. You gave us nothing but disappointment.  Will you end the DEK replacement serial too if it fails to gain TRP. Channel is responsible for its fans and we want justice.

DEK managed to increase its TRP impressively in past few weeks even without a promo. You shouldn't forget that the serial only telecasts for four days and without a promotion TRP increased up to 0.9 and with the current track and a little help from the channel it will increase up to 1.5 in no time. We always supported DEK even after hearing the rumor that it is going to end soon. Now we are left with nothing.  We know that every thing which begins has to be end. If you really want to end DEK end it properly. Please give us another three months with DEK so it can complete 1 year. Fans expect you to at least complete the following story line properly with,

Manveer love

Manveer marriage

DS back from coma

Akash and Chaudry been punished

Brijraj and Maya relationship

Excitement and a happy ending

I am writing this not because I am obsessed with the main lead but DEK is the most wonderful and different soap on Indian TV.As we were fed up with the typical saas bahu serials came up with a new concept. CVs did few mistakes and trp decreased. Bet Sony must understand that now the serial is back on right track. It shouldn't be replaced with another boring saas bahu serial. If we ever want to watch such a serial we will watch it on another channel because we won't have to worry that the channel will end our favorite serial suddenly.

I have a few tips if you want to make DEK the no 1 serial on Sony.

• If you analyze other TV serials they have an ideal heroin like a fallen angel. Ektha Kapoor once said that Indian soaps is all about idealizing the woman and mesmerizing the man. Well our Manyata's character has been little immature but now she is turning in to that ideal princes audience expect her to be. Every mother will want her daughter to be like her and will start watching the serial with them. This is a plus point and will gain TRP.
  •  Most of the popular TV serials contain an important message to the society. (Such as Balika Vadhu ' against child marriage, Phir Suba Hogi ' against typical Indian rituals, etc) DEK can also convey a message that it is not only about love and betrayal but how Royals can contribute to the society. India is a democratic country and royalty is nothing but a title. Through DEK you can show how these royal families can help people, how they stand against bad politicians for their people, their charity work, etc ( You can portrait Manyatha as peoples princes like Diana and how she stand with her people no matter what)
  • If you want to attract audience who are fond of saas bahu serials please introduce few more female characters. Since Udayveer's mother is dead Manyata doesn't have a saas. But like other serials you can always introduce a bad nani sahib, mousi ji etc. Believe me these typical characters can create magic
  •  Most important thing is Manyatha and Udayveer must be together and you should show more romantic scenes. Give more importace to Udayveer's character. Biggest reason for low TRP issue is bringing back Akash. Since now his character plays the villain and manveer love track will do the magic. My opinion is you should get over with Akash as soon as possible and as a villain keep Chowdry or introduce more characters.

As a TV channel you should do some research. Ending a serial is not a solution. If you have watch Tare Zameen Par film you should remember this dialogue "aap baar baar yeh kehethe hai ki bachche ko bukhar hai, par sochne ki bath yeh hai ki bachche ko kyun bukhar hai". All Sony serials get low TRPs so you can't end each and every serial. Please find the solution.

In other channels they telecast the drama right after another without breaks. In Sony we are forced to see boring promos of new serials and most of us change the channel without thinking twice. You must telecast creative promos in-between serials once or twice.

Letter is longer than I thought. I think I made my point. WE LOVE DEKHA EK KHWAAB! Please don't end the serial. By ending our favorite serial you won't gain audience but will lose them forever. Do remember that if DEK ends we will never watch a replacement, remote is in our hands and we will switch to another channel which won't disappoint us. 

Edited by kitty18w - 20 July 2012 at 3:24am

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya-15thumbalinaSRKfan2012PriyashDekjyotiwalialove...OMGsonalisharma1pearls88Fantasyangelloveayeshaxox...Rohitha...Sunshinegirllkojagoryfanwendy25xxDaydreameRxxShazziepia.rahaArieltabiAsmimelodyHavii..oishu..carisma2Fearless_Lover...navina...snowdream-BerryCharm-.Killer.

waseela786 Groupbie
waseela786
waseela786

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:49am | IP Logged
this is well written very good letter i hope its taken into consideration. Sometimes we as the audience can really give pointers that will result positively in the soapie

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya-15kitty18wthumbalina...navina...

kitty18w Newbie
kitty18w
kitty18w

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by waseela786

this is well written very good letter i hope its taken into consideration. Sometimes we as the audience can really give pointers that will result positively in the soapie

Thanks DearSmile
I know that its confirmed that DEK will go off air on 2nd Aug. But I really hope they will reconsider their decision.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thumbalinasonalisharma1

snowdream IF-Stunnerz
snowdream
snowdream

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 4:58am | IP Logged
Gr8 letter da.i just hope they reads it n reconsiders the decision...
Hope for the Best and B prepared for the worst

thumbalinakojagoryfan

loveayeshaxox Senior Member
loveayeshaxox
loveayeshaxox

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Tremendously written I really hope they listen to whatever is written in this letter.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

tanya-15thumbalina...navina...

thumbalina Groupbie
thumbalina
thumbalina

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Excellent Letter!

Bravo, you put a lot of thought into this and detailed all the important points in a very professional manner.

Koodos to youClapClapClap

I tell you...amazining job

tina

sonalisharma1kojagoryfan

zainab_sushita2 Goldie
zainab_sushita2
zainab_sushita2

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Gr8 letter...bt u should call instead of writting letter

Edited by zainab_sushita2 - 20 July 2012 at 6:32am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sonalisharma1

sonalisharma1 Senior Member
sonalisharma1
sonalisharma1

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:41am | IP Logged
i think hum sab ko age aana chahiye unhe mail, letters, send karne  chahiye aur story bhi. bcz marriage k baad to aur bi twist & turn show kar sakte h but ye to show hi end kar rahe h jo bhi karna h frndzzz jaldi karna chahiye bcz aakhir KTLK  bhi aise hi bacha h bhale slot change ho jaye but show ko end na kare .

Go to top