Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

Megha's Transformation (Page 3)

mohan2468 Newbie
mohan2468
mohan2468

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by mohan2468

I am a bit of a rare contributor here and generally try to look at NBT from Megha's angle too. Am probably in a minority on this forum which is more inclined to Mohan. Given his character and role, it is also easy for me to understand why, so I have no disputes on that.

Coming to Megha, ever since she has accepted her love for Mohan, she is in a process of transformation. Contrary to some opinions expressed, I would say that the last few episodes have showcased this very well. We must at all points of time remember that Megha has been a married woman, been in love, married Amar, has had 2 wonderful children, suddenly lost her husband, just a few days back learnt that he was actually killed. Before she even has had time to grieve, came Mohan in a storm of love, absolutely unanticpated in Megha's life where there could be no other man except Amar. During MIL's convo 2 days back with her, we also understand that her parents have cut off relations with her. No close ones to even talk to except Jiji to an extent. I can tell you that unless one has gone through this, it is impossible for a normal person to go through this range of emotions in a span of few days (especially in NBT, each day seems to be 72 hours long !!).

With this background, it is again easy to figure out Megha's awkward initial moments of expressing her love to Mohan. She obviously tries her well-tested Aji Sunte Ho dialogue. But once through, she quickly takes charge. Having had the experience of marriage, she is clearly going to be the senior partner in Mohan's life in explaining to him nuances of this life. So, that forms the basis of her convo with Mohan yesterday where she sets some basic principles in place. Mohan, who was the senior partner so for in the love phase, quickly accepts this change of momentum and realises where he has to take a back seat. I do not know how many members in this forum are married but those who are will clearly understand this dynamics in a marriage and how Megha took charge of that convo with Mohan nodding away. (This is no justification of the ridiculous Riddhima track, which is meant only to come back and haunt MM later and a means to drag the serial. Outright unwanted and so un-NBT like !!). Mohan knows his territory but willing to accept where Megha's begins.

Again, the fountain scene was superb in the NBT nuance. Mohan simply setting it right, a perfectly timed wink at the love of his life. Just letting her know in silence, that he has got the spanner to address all her problems except Addu and nods her away to attend to him. Megha too immediately has that  "I adore this guy. He is MY MAN, I am HIS WOMAN  " look  and swept away by his wink !! No thoughts of Amar here. See the spring in her step as she takes off from there to get Addu ready for her Sangeet. Brilliantly edited scene. Megha's transformation could never have been highlighted more than this single scene !!

I would have to disagree with you on many counts...not just cuz I'm a Mohan fan or it's easier to be a Mohan fan given how his character has been sketched.

I'll start with the bit in bold...now THAT wasn't even the point to be thinking of Amar anyways...that ship has sailed...the writers totally lost the opportunity to show the TRANSITION for Megha regarding Amar and Mohan...they just threw in a TOKEN scene a couple of days back of her talking to Amar's picture and giving him closure...before that during her entire so called "realization" and "admittance of her feelings" phase, Amar was not even a blip on her radar...sorry to say the writing has been very poor and inconsistent on Megha's front...Amar is brought in for convenience whenever they feel the need to show Megha suddenly remembering her past...I would have had more respect and connection with her character if the TRANSITION had been better shown...she doesn't need to remember Amar all the time and cry but supposedly this was the greatest love of her life who just went POOF in all the random drama that was thrown in and then only brought back in spurts as if they suddenly were reminded when ppl mentioned that Megha seems to forget that Amar exists...

Megha fell in love for a second time in her life...a story about second chances...but when you show her forgetting her first love, her first husband so easily intermittently, it makes the audience lose connect...well for me it did for sure.

The fountain scene yesterday was sweet no doubt but I don't think it was the single defining moment of Megha's transformation...her transformation has been random and inconsistent if anything...right now the flow of the story has gone for a toss anyways and the show can only be enjoyed for a few scenes here and there...that's my opinion...which I'm sure is not that welcome in all the euphoria of the MM milan and speculations about MM's future married lifeLOL

mohan2468 Newbie
mohan2468
mohan2468

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged

I am a bit of a rare contributor here and generally try to look at NBT from Megha's angle too. Am probably in a minority on this forum which is more inclined to Mohan. Given his character and role, it is also easy for me to understand why, so I have no disputes on that.

Coming to Megha, ever since she has accepted her love for Mohan, she is in a process of transformation. Contrary to some opinions expressed, I would say that the last few episodes have showcased this very well. We must at all points of time remember that Megha has been a married woman, been in love, married Amar, has had 2 wonderful children, suddenly lost her husband, just a few days back learnt that he was actually killed. Before she even has had time to grieve, came Mohan in a storm of love, absolutely unanticpated in Megha's life where there could be no other man except Amar. During MIL's convo 2 days back with her, we also understand that her parents have cut off relations with her. No close ones to even talk to except Jiji to an extent. I can tell you that unless one has gone through this, it is impossible for a normal person to go through this range of emotions in a span of few days (especially in NBT, each day seems to be 72 hours long !!).

With this background, it is again easy to figure out Megha's awkward initial moments of expressing her love to Mohan. She obviously tries her well-tested Aji Sunte Ho dialogue. But once through, she quickly takes charge. Having had the experience of marriage, she is clearly going to be the senior partner in Mohan's life in explaining to him nuances of this life. So, that forms the basis of her convo with Mohan yesterday where she sets some basic principles in place. Mohan, who was the senior partner so for in the love phase, quickly accepts this change of momentum and realises where he has to take a back seat. I do not know how many members in this forum are married but those who are will clearly understand this dynamics in a marriage and how Megha took charge of that convo with Mohan nodding away. (This is no justification of the ridiculous Riddhima track, which is meant only to come back and haunt MM later and a means to drag the serial. Outright unwanted and so un-NBT like !!). Mohan knows his territory but willing to accept where Megha's begins.

Again, the fountain scene was superb in the NBT nuance. Mohan simply setting it right, a perfectly timed wink at the love of his life. Just letting her know in silence, that he has got the spanner to address all her problems except Addu and nods her away to attend to him. Megha too immediately has that  "I adore this guy. He is MY MAN, I am HIS WOMAN  " look  and swept away by his wink !! No thoughts of Amar here. See the spring in her step as she takes off from there to get Addu ready for her Sangeet. Brilliantly edited scene. Megha's transformation could never have been highlighted more than this single scene !!

I would have to disagree with you on many counts...not just cuz I'm a Mohan fan or it's easier to be a Mohan fan given how his character has been sketched.

I'll start with the bit in bold...now THAT wasn't even the point to be thinking of Amar anyways...that ship has sailed...the writers totally lost the opportunity to show the TRANSITION for Megha regarding Amar and Mohan...they just threw in a TOKEN scene a couple of days back of her talking to Amar's picture and giving him closure...before that during her entire so called "realization" and "admittance of her feelings" phase, Amar was not even a blip on her radar...sorry to say the writing has been very poor and inconsistent on Megha's front...Amar is brought in for convenience whenever they feel the need to show Megha suddenly remembering her past...I would have had more respect and connection with her character if the TRANSITION had been better shown...she doesn't need to remember Amar all the time and cry but supposedly this was the greatest love of her life who just went POOF in all the random drama that was thrown in and then only brought back in spurts as if they suddenly were reminded when ppl mentioned that Megha seems to forget that Amar exists...

Megha fell in love for a second time in her life...a story about second chances...but when you show her forgetting her first love, her first husband so easily intermittently, it makes the audience lose connect...well for me it did for sure.

The fountain scene yesterday was sweet no doubt but I don't think it was the single defining moment of Megha's transformation...her transformation has been random and inconsistent if anything...right now the flow of the story has gone for a toss anyways and the show can only be enjoyed for a few scenes here and there...that's my opinion...which I'm sure is not that welcome in all the euphoria of the MM milan and speculations about MM's future married lifeLOL
I appreciate your divergent point of view. But would like to clarify that I did not mention the fountain scene as a defining moment but rather highlighting her transformation. For me, the defining moment in Megha's tranformation was at the farmohouse when she sees Mohan plaiting nanhi's hair.

I also believe that the fountain was another stern test of Megha moving on from Amar. Even the stoic Nanhi still linked the fountain to her father in yesterday's episode. It is obvious the fountain in the centre of the courtyard was Amar's everlasting symbol and hence no one was allowed to repair it. So for Megha to see the fountain overflowing would have to strongly remind her of Amar, but she just lets it go and instead credits Mohan with her silent sweet smile. This is a key moment of transformation too but not necessarily the defining moment which happened much earlier.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rishabcrazy87

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged
@topicmaker: I made many points BEYOND the fountain one which you've all ignored...I listed out clearly why I feel that the transition from Amar to Mohan has not been shown well for Megha.

Anyways, let's agree to disagree...we are clearly viewing this show in divergent ways.
jaaneman007 Senior Member
jaaneman007
jaaneman007

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

great post buddy!

i think it's understandable why most viewers would be inclined towards Mohan and why Megha would not get her dues. Just see how many women watch these shows. LOL 

what i find odd with regards to Megha's transformation is timing. Megha should have confessed her feelings (at least to herself) when Mohan had gotten shot. I mean if you're going to throw in such a filmy sequence (hero going into a villainous adda, hero getting shot, heroine reaching there on time, hero taking a ride to the taxi cradled in heroine's arms), we might as well have gone the entire filmy distance. That was the time for Megha to maaro heavy duty dialogs about him being her saat-janam ka love and such. LOL

The sequence where she finally breaks down in front of the family, does not then ring true or consistent for me. It just cannot compare to the drama of him getting shot, of her almost losing him for good . Fine, Mohan had some great dialogs and he was getting humiliated, but surely those dont compare to him getting almost killed, does it? Pretty dim-witted and slow on Megha's part if you ask me. Tube-lightLOL

Unfortunately realization dawned on her very late (at least from a logic standpoint), so we have fans who are still baying for blood. UnderstandableSmile

Edited by jaaneman007 - 20 July 2012 at 12:12pm
Hit.It.Miss IF-Sizzlerz
Hit.It.Miss
Hit.It.Miss

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
@mohan2468  (sorry if i got the sequence of these numbers wrong :P )

Very nice thread. You are a rare contributor? I would say that this post has truly made you active and your contribution really count :) You should make it a habit now as you write so concisely well :)

Coming to the point, about the contrast in opinions with regards to Megha and Mohan; they tend to tilt towards positive mostly towards Mohan, because he's not that complex a character to understand. You or anyone, can take an instant liking to him and his adorable traits (also because most members here are females)

Regarding Megha, majority here is in eternal befuddlement as to her antics, her actions, her reactions, in any xyz situation. The reason is the intricate complexity and multiple layers that the writer has sketched this character with.

It requires a certain eye to see beyond the obvious, be able to relate to it and eventually like or empathize with such a character.

Now we can't expect EVERYONE to have that kind of eye, right?

Edited by Fari- - 20 July 2012 at 2:51pm
phulwa Goldie
phulwa
phulwa

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 5:27pm | IP Logged

As far a Megha's character is concerned the writers have completely failed in maintaining the consistency, initially she was projected as a strong, self confident individual with a mind of her own and later on as the story progressed, this Megha was lost some where. Inspite of being a widow of a wrongfully accused man, she was not the one to budge from her beliefs, there was such dignity attached to her character. Such a woman transforming for the love of another man...is like conquering the highest peak. There were situations created for her to accept Mohan as a friend and start respecting him, but what about love? how did she fall in love with Mohan? till very recently she was referring to Mohan only as a friend, resisting all his moves towards her and all of a sudden she was shown all worried for him when he wants to go for a deadlycover story, where is the connect?

Megha is not so naive and incapable of understanding that she has fallen in love, though she may be not be ready or willing to accept it, the journey between Megha starting to realize her love and coming to a stage of acceptance is actually a phase of transformation, which the writers, unfortunately failed to highlight and that is the reason Megha's declaration of love seems so shallow.

The writers had already butchered Megha's character long ago and now, as we all can see its Mohan's turn to get butchered.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Jasmine01 Newbie
Jasmine01
Jasmine01

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Really well said, I agree with everything. So sad about this Rhiddma entry and what Mohan did. I think that has really ruined and skewered the admiration I felt for Mohan. Glad to see someone looking at things from Megha's perspective.
mohan2468 Newbie
mohan2468
mohan2468

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged

@topicmaker: I made many points BEYOND the fountain one which you've all ignored...I listed out clearly why I feel that the transition from Amar to Mohan has not been shown well for Megha.

Anyways, let's agree to disagree...we are clearly viewing this show in divergent ways.
@AreYaar - You are right that I chose only the fountain point while you had made many. The idea was definitely not to ignore, but to only clarify the point of difference and I was in a rush to catch last night's episode which to just begin. But after seeing the episode, felt that IF would have been a better place to be !!
About other points raised by you, these are very valid ones. It would have been better to have a much more smoother transition. I was infact looking forward to a series of mature dialogues between Megha and Mohan. Ultimately we just got a trailer. Its a real pity because Megha's character is one of the most complex that I have come across in recent times and that's why I do write from her perspective. I am able to connect to her character in my own way, as I have come across such people  in real life too  The writers could have used this complexity much more sensitively and unravelled it layer by layer. In the hunt for TRPs, sadly this is lost.  This is an unfortunate ailment which affects most Hindi serials. Thats why I had mentioned in an earlier thread that it would be good if they end NBT quickly on a high note rather than go through a torturous mode.

On another side-note to the readers of this forum, who are interested in mature Indian love stories, I would reccomend that you watch an old Tamil movie called Mouna Raagam by Mani Rathnam. For the non Tamil speaking members, please do watch it with subtitles. (If anyone has already made this comparison before, my sincere apologies as I may have misssed it since I am not very active on the forum at all times). The heroine Revathis character in that movie is also as complex as that of Megha here, but the difference is in the treatment. In a short  movie format, you need to get this done in 2 hours while in the serial format, they drag it to a point of frustration. The peeling of Revathi's character is amazingly done and I would rate it as an all time great love story with a unique taste. It is not exactly similar to NBT totally, but people who have liked the NBT format would like it. Have a dekko !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index