Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

Megha's Transformation - Page 3

Hit.It.Miss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
@mohan2468  (sorry if i got the sequence of these numbers wrong :P )

Very nice thread. You are a rare contributor? I would say that this post has truly made you active and your contribution really count :) You should make it a habit now as you write so concisely well :)

Coming to the point, about the contrast in opinions with regards to Megha and Mohan; they tend to tilt towards positive mostly towards Mohan, because he's not that complex a character to understand. You or anyone, can take an instant liking to him and his adorable traits (also because most members here are females)

Regarding Megha, majority here is in eternal befuddlement as to her antics, her actions, her reactions, in any xyz situation. The reason is the intricate complexity and multiple layers that the writer has sketched this character with.

It requires a certain eye to see beyond the obvious, be able to relate to it and eventually like or empathize with such a character.

Now we can't expect EVERYONE to have that kind of eye, right?

Edited by Fari- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

phulwa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

As far a Megha's character is concerned the writers have completely failed in maintaining the consistency, initially she was projected as a strong, self confident individual with a mind of her own and later on as the story progressed, this Megha was lost some where. Inspite of being a widow of a wrongfully accused man, she was not the one to budge from her beliefs, there was such dignity attached to her character. Such a woman transforming for the love of another man...is like conquering the highest peak. There were situations created for her to accept Mohan as a friend and start respecting him, but what about love? how did she fall in love with Mohan? till very recently she was referring to Mohan only as a friend, resisting all his moves towards her and all of a sudden she was shown all worried for him when he wants to go for a deadlycover story, where is the connect?

Megha is not so naive and incapable of understanding that she has fallen in love, though she may be not be ready or willing to accept it, the journey between Megha starting to realize her love and coming to a stage of acceptance is actually a phase of transformation, which the writers, unfortunately failed to highlight and that is the reason Megha's declaration of love seems so shallow.

The writers had already butchered Megha's character long ago and now, as we all can see its Mohan's turn to get butchered.
Jasmine01 thumbnail
Really well said, I agree with everything. So sad about this Rhiddma entry and what Mohan did. I think that has really ruined and skewered the admiration I felt for Mohan. Glad to see someone looking at things from Megha's perspective.
mohan2468 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

@topicmaker: I made many points BEYOND the fountain one which you've all ignored...I listed out clearly why I feel that the transition from Amar to Mohan has not been shown well for Megha.

Anyways, let's agree to disagree...we are clearly viewing this show in divergent ways.

@AreYaar - You are right that I chose only the fountain point while you had made many. The idea was definitely not to ignore, but to only clarify the point of difference and I was in a rush to catch last night's episode which to just begin. But after seeing the episode, felt that IF would have been a better place to be !!
About other points raised by you, these are very valid ones. It would have been better to have a much more smoother transition. I was infact looking forward to a series of mature dialogues between Megha and Mohan. Ultimately we just got a trailer. Its a real pity because Megha's character is one of the most complex that I have come across in recent times and that's why I do write from her perspective. I am able to connect to her character in my own way, as I have come across such people  in real life too  The writers could have used this complexity much more sensitively and unravelled it layer by layer. In the hunt for TRPs, sadly this is lost.  This is an unfortunate ailment which affects most Hindi serials. Thats why I had mentioned in an earlier thread that it would be good if they end NBT quickly on a high note rather than go through a torturous mode.

On another side-note to the readers of this forum, who are interested in mature Indian love stories, I would reccomend that you watch an old Tamil movie called Mouna Raagam by Mani Rathnam. For the non Tamil speaking members, please do watch it with subtitles. (If anyone has already made this comparison before, my sincere apologies as I may have misssed it since I am not very active on the forum at all times). The heroine Revathis character in that movie is also as complex as that of Megha here, but the difference is in the treatment. In a short  movie format, you need to get this done in 2 hours while in the serial format, they drag it to a point of frustration. The peeling of Revathi's character is amazingly done and I would rate it as an all time great love story with a unique taste. It is not exactly similar to NBT totally, but people who have liked the NBT format would like it. Have a dekko !!
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mohan2468

@AreYaar - You are right that I chose only the fountain point while you had made many. The idea was definitely not to ignore, but to only clarify the point of difference and I was in a rush to catch last night's episode which to just begin. But after seeing the episode, felt that IF would have been a better place to be !!

About other points raised by you, these are very valid ones. It would have been better to have a much more smoother transition. I was infact looking forward to a series of mature dialogues between Megha and Mohan. Ultimately we just got a trailer. Its a real pity because Megha's character is one of the most complex that I have come across in recent times and that's why I do write from her perspective. I am able to connect to her character in my own way, as I have come across such people  in real life too  The writers could have used this complexity much more sensitively and unravelled it layer by layer. In the hunt for TRPs, sadly this is lost.  This is an unfortunate ailment which affects most Hindi serials. Thats why I had mentioned in an earlier thread that it would be good if they end NBT quickly on a high note rather than go through a torturous mode.

On another side-note to the readers of this forum, who are interested in mature Indian love stories, I would reccomend that you watch an old Tamil movie called Mouna Raagam by Mani Rathnam. For the non Tamil speaking members, please do watch it with subtitles. (If anyone has already made this comparison before, my sincere apologies as I may have misssed it since I am not very active on the forum at all times). The heroine Revathis character in that movie is also as complex as that of Megha here, but the difference is in the treatment. In a short  movie format, you need to get this done in 2 hours while in the serial format, they drag it to a point of frustration. The peeling of Revathi's character is amazingly done and I would rate it as an all time great love story with a unique taste. It is not exactly similar to NBT totally, but people who have liked the NBT format would like it. Have a dekko !!

@bold: I can imagine...lol I just read the update and have no inclination to watch the epi and further sicken myself.

As for Megha...there WAS a time when there were layers of complexity to her...that time is LONG GONE and there is nothing really left to justify her character much anymore...I loved this character when the show first stared...I loved that she wasn't a typical dukhiyaari widow character...I loved that she was a strong, spunky character and retained this wonderful elegance, grace and dignity about her...but sadly that was all gradually lost over time in the random gimmicks thrown in for TRPs...I might have swallowed a few inconsistencies here and there but when the writers bungled up the most CRUCIAL transition regarding her emotions vis a vis Amar and Mohan, that just completely disconnected me...and on top of that Aakanksha is not that fine an actress to make even the illogical look convincing on screen...her acting also comes across as surface-level and somewhat shallow then, making Megha even more unconvincing.

NBT should end on a high note but seems like they are  more hell bent on butchering it beyond recognition in the attempt to stay on air...

Thanks for the movie recommendation...sounds interesting...I will try to check it out if I can find a link with subtitles.
Hit.It.Miss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Mohan2468

Is this the movie you have recommended? This is the link with subtitles but I just thought to confirm as there might be two with the same name.

Thanks, this one seems interesting 
mohan2468 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Fari-

@Mohan2468

Is this the movie you have recommended? This is the link with subtitles but I just thought to confirm as there might be two with the same name.

Thanks, this one seems interesting 

@Fari, I tried opening the link but unfortunately not able to play the movie. It just shows a black screen. But from the thumbnail on the YT website, it looks the same one. Anyway, if you see Mani Ratnam's name in the opening credits as a story writer or director, you have the right one. This was one of his first movies released about 26 years back in 1986. The dialogues are very powerful in Tamil, hopefully the essence is retained in the subtitles. Incidentally Mouna Ragam means Silent Symphony, a bit NBT there. The main hero's name too in real is MOHAN !! There is also a cameo played by amother hero Karthik, but you may find similarities in this character with our NBT Mohan. I have always enjoyed this movie on a DVD, hopefully the YT version is good too. Request  your feedback once you watch this.
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AreYaar

@bold: I can imagine...lol I just read the update and have no inclination to watch the epi and further sicken myself.

As for Megha...there WAS a time when there were layers of complexity to her...that time is LONG GONE and there is nothing really left to justify her character much anymore...I loved this character when the show first stared...I loved that she wasn't a typical dukhiyaari widow character...I loved that she was a strong, spunky character and retained this wonderful elegance, grace and dignity about her...but sadly that was all gradually lost over time in the random gimmicks thrown in for TRPs...I might have swallowed a few inconsistencies here and there but when the writers bungled up the most CRUCIAL transition regarding her emotions vis a vis Amar and Mohan, that just completely disconnected me...and on top of that Aakanksha is not that fine an actress to make even the illogical look convincing on screen...her acting also comes across as surface-level and somewhat shallow then, making Megha even more unconvincing.

NBT should end on a high note but seems like they are  more hell bent on butchering it beyond recognition in the attempt to stay on air...

Thanks for the movie recommendation...sounds interesting...I will try to check it out if I can find a link with subtitles.

Amen! 

The inconsistencies in Megha's character started far back during the Prateek track - but I've been able to ignore those simply because Mohan's character retained its coherence. But the struggle from Amar's death not being an accident to falling in love with Mohan was IMHO rushed. It wasn't as seamless as Gulaal who was shown visibly struggling with her feelings of possessiveness for her ex-husband until she realized what her present husband truly meant to her. I am not saying Megha should've behaved likewise, but the treatment of the subject could've been better rather than sudden jump. There are so many serials that are not able to make the transition effectively between liking a person's company to falling in love - which is why they fade out after few months of being on air. I was never really convinced why Megha fell in love with Mohan. Whereas with Mohan, I knew the exact moment when he fell in love with Megha. When the basic plot is injured, TRP gimmicks are used like crutches to support a failing storyline.