Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Do we really LOVE an actor/actress? (Page 2)

stardust- IF-Rockerz
stardust-
stardust-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
yeah, maybe the right word is 'admire' LOL.

but say, isin't the word love generally misused in the context of your post? love for chocolates, shoes and actors etc.. Love in that case is used for referring to an obsession.

As long as the people who matter to you understand that your love for them is different from your love for actors, there is no huge problem. Smile As love has become a general emotion to express your feelings, like it or not!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

c3cilia

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by InvisibleSmile

Originally posted by rima

loving a star never works for me. for example i have liked aamir for a long long tim from his frst movie in fact...but never did i ever dream or drool or do stuff like that. as you say it is just a waste of  our emotions. you can love them without being in love with them...if you know what I mean

Thank you,finally someone who understands what i meant :) Agreed, you are wasting a emotion on someone, you really at the end of the like and will forget about over time.
oh i never forget aamir..he is still ym fav, but he is not in my thoughts every day, it's just when i see his movie or read about him...that is all
c3cilia Goldie
c3cilia
c3cilia

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by InvisibleSmile

But than why use LOVE?

Why not use Like, even when we say, we like or admire, it matters to us. However, we you say love, you are declaring, a devoted emotion to them. And i wasn't saying you are wasting your time, rather, you misunderstood, i asked, why wasted LOVE on someone we truly do not love. There other words to define a like for a actor. Its not about context, actually its about forgetting ourselves in something so momentary as actor. No i do not mean, its a crime to like them or their acting, but i do think its an insult to the word love because you do not fully mean it.

There is a time where we can't do anything in our daily lives until we get a glimpse of them therefore, LOVE apply to this case b/c we like it too much to the point where we can't eat, sleep, or breathe, etc.

charlotte74 IF-Dazzler
charlotte74
charlotte74

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
People LOVE music, dance, their work, a painting, a book, etc. etc. This means that they feel an emotion for something that gives them some sort of pleasure. 
I love dancing - so I love to watch dance shows, Hrithik as a dancer, the other day I loved Isha Sharwani's horror dance in JDJ

I started liking music when I first heard Sonu Nigam - I simply love his voice, today I watch shows like JJWSS and appreciate it

I love reading - because I like the way I can get transported to a different world... one of my favourite authors is Nicolas Sparks

I love the new painting I bought recently - the artist is SubrotoSen and I love him for the painting and I didn't even know he existed one month ago.

When Rajesh Khanna died yesterday I got tears in my eyes when I watched a program on his life... his career was over by the time I was born...

I loved movies like Dil Chahta hai, Rang De Basanti, Lagaan, 3 idiots... because I love Aamir Khan for he brings a smile to my face when I watch him... I love him for bringing us SMJ an eye opener for every Indian.

I love writing - because it gives me sense of achievement...makes me love "me" and I love IF because it introduced me to a new world 

My list can go on but I will stop here. Like Julie Andrews said in Sound of Music, these are a few of my favorite things. Other people will have their own list. 

This is DEFINITELY not the same as loving your family or friends. There is a give and take going on there. Here, it is only you and your perception. There is no comparison at all.

Many of these things I listed are associated with people I have never met nor am I likely to meet. But can I stop loving Hrithik, Sonu Nigam, Nicholas Sparks, Subroto Sen, Rajesh Khanna Aamir Khan just because they don't know I exist? I don't think so. How do you in your own way reimburse for the pleasure you derive from what they do? You can't help loving them.

And sometimes do you get a little involved? Yes I do.  I gush over Hrithik when he dances, I jumped with excitement when I went to Sonu's concert, I get lost in Nicholas sparks books, I shed a tear for Rajesh Khanna, I argue that Aamir is a better actor than Salman... 

So to answer your question ------ I don' think there is anything wrong when people say they love Barun and Sanaya and appreciate, fight, vent, bash,  etc. etc. It is not about making promises empty or otherwise.
I don't think it is a waste of time.  Because it is like Chicken Soup for Soul. And it would be good to remember that each person's appetite is different.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

c3cilia

.rad. Senior Member
.rad.
.rad.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
I like the actors and the shows. Even for my favourite actor (Leonardo DiCaprio)  its just "like" not "love".

Go to top