India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Do we really LOVE an actor/actress?

InvisibleSmile IF-Rockerz
InvisibleSmile
InvisibleSmile

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Okay this topic was instigated, when i was randomly talking to a friend and she gushed, she LOVED a particular actor.

Anyway, so i asked her, so you love this actor? And she replied Yes. Than i asked, is this love like, how you love your family?Your friends? And she went on to say NO, so i asked her what kind of love is this?Now i don't know, i am certainly confused about the definition of love. How can we just love shoes, your clothes, your work or even certain actor? Are we degrading the term, by using it on something we know, is a momentary phase, meant to be forgotten over time. Is it right to weigh our Love for our family to the same scale of lets say an actor?

Some actor/actress, who does acknowledge we exist, but at the end of the day returns to his or her home, family, and own personal life. What he does on reel, is a part of his life, not all of it. And Yet here we are, some atleast, spending all our energy on defending, or even tarnishing someone, in whom's life we are mere nameless faces clogged together in the definition of fan's. Why do we carry on the fan tag and fight with each other and go on defend this one person, who is unknown to us and our lives. Why must we disrupt our lives, stage wars, bash each other?

You must understand, i am not here to say that an actor, doesn't care about his fans, or  doesn't acknowledge he is nothing without them.I am not bashing or trying to hurt anyone. However what i am trying to say, why do we waste LOVE on someone who is only a part of our lives for just a certain amount of time.Or do we just say, Love without really meaning it? But than, it means, when we say we love our family, we are pronouncing the same feelings as lies. Someone just please clarify for me.

All i am saying is, we you you go on and on about loving, Barun or Sanaya, you must realize, you are wasting a precious emotion, rather ridiculing it because you really don't mean it that deeply as it should. What you really want to say is, You like a certain actor, their acting...etc. Let me make this clear, rather question yourself, why do you say you love this actor or that actress, when at the end of the day, its an empty promise. Yes we care, when they are happy, sad, in pain, but are we part of these emotions?

All in all, Just explain to me, when we say we love a certain actor do we mean it?If so, please describe it. And if we don't, why are we wasting this vast emotion on a life that is unknown to us fully. And gathering distaste for someone, who really doesn't know we exist. And here we wait on them ever second, minute, and or hour. Why not save it for those, who really matter in our lives.

PS; If i hurt someone, i am truly sorry for my words :) I am just looking for a way to clear my thoughts. Please do help me.

Edited by InvisibleSmile - 19 July 2012 at 10:00pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bijiliFawadiliciousZarahatkeabracadabrastardust-GodhuliLogon

Zarahatke IF-Dazzler
Zarahatke
Zarahatke

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Yaar all i know or wht i feel these characters become a member to some ppl i m not talking abt myself but specially the ladies staying home these characters become a part of their life if i see my mom my mil they all at the stage when they dont have much to do so as a desi quality they get involved with these characters life discussing accusing bashing all is a part of this whole thing
As we do sometimes do the samethings to friends family members ans most imp which i feel these characters make them cry smile laugh become a part of their routine
So its not wasting time its just they become a part of their life

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

InvisibleSmileGodhuliLogon

InvisibleSmile
InvisibleSmile

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zarahatke

Yaar all i know or wht i feel these characters become a member to some ppl i m not talking abt myself but specially the ladies staying home these characters become a part of their life if i see my mom my mil they all at the stage when they dont have much to do so as a desi quality they get involved with these characters life discussing accusing bashing all is a part of this whole thing
As we do sometimes do the samethings to friends family members ans most imp which i feel these characters make them cry smile laugh become a part of their routine
So its not wasting time its just they become a part of their life

Okay i understand what you mean, But why do we use the term, Love with someone, i can hundred percent say, we don't really love. Yes you feel happy or sad for them, but at the end of the day, you return to your own life. They are there for 30 mins and than you leave it behind you. So why are we using the term love for just a phase. When the show will be over, we will be sad, but it will be forgotten over time. The show is not on for forever.

And i wasn't saying we are wasting time on the show, which we are, but its really something that can't be help. But rather wasting the meaning of LOVE on a actor who doesn't know we exist. And here we wave their banner all around.

Edited by InvisibleSmile - 19 July 2012 at 10:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

GodhuliLogon

c3cilia Goldie
c3cilia
c3cilia

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
I think the term 'love' is use loosely in many different context that some may see no value in this word anymore but i personally think that by declaring our love to a certain celeb doesn't mean that we are wasting our times on someone behind a screen.  What i'm trying to say here is that LOVE can be use in many context and this just happen to be one of them where we like a certain celeb so much to invest time in their works to allow them to become part of our lives .. ACTORS/ACTORS are like objects to us .. some of us love them like we love anything else .. but to LOVE it fully like our family, that's a whole new different level. Therefore, we love them but not in the same way we love our family where we would sacrificed ourselves for each other existence, if that make sense to you. 

All in all, LOVE is just a term on how we define things that matter to us ..

Zarahatke

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
loving a star never works for me. for example i have liked aamir for a long long tim from his frst movie in fact...but never did i ever dream or drool or do stuff like that. as you say it is just a waste of  our emotions. you can love them without being in love with them...if you know what I mean

Edited by rima - 19 July 2012 at 10:25pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

innocentgreenc3ciliaInvisibleSmileGodhuliLogon

Zarahatke IF-Dazzler
Zarahatke
Zarahatke

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by c3cilia

I think the term 'love' is use loosely in many different context that some may see no value in this word anymore but i personally think that by declaring our love to a certain celeb doesn't mean that we are wasting our times on someone behind a screen. What i'm trying to say here is that LOVE can be use in many context and this just happen to be one of them where we like a certain celeb so much to invest time in their works to allow them to become part of our lives .. ACTORS/ACTORS are like objects to us .. some of us love them like
we love anything else .. but to LOVE it fully like our family, that's a
whole new different level. Therefore, we love them but not in the same way we love our family where we would sacrificed ourselves for each other existence, if that make sense to you.

I agree if u wan an example for me i never watch an indian soap or even any soap i m home for the last 6 yrs for me ipk is giving me everything the love hate intense a story of a family which i m enjoying it n also when i see how much effort they r putting in these soaps their time i know thats their job but still they def want their want their job to be appreciated or to be loved so for me love can be describe in many ways

c3cilia

InvisibleSmile
InvisibleSmile

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by c3cilia

I think the term 'love' is use loosely in many different context that some may see no value in this word anymore but i personally think that by declaring our love to a certain celeb doesn't mean that we are wasting our times on someone behind a screen.  What i'm trying to say here is that LOVE can be use in many context and this just happen to be one of them where we like a certain celeb so much to invest time in their works to allow them to become part of our lives .. ACTORS/ACTORS are like objects to us .. some of us love them like we love anything else .. but to LOVE it fully like our family, that's a whole new different level. Therefore, we love them but not in the same way we love our family where we would sacrificed ourselves for each other existence, if that make sense to you. 

But than why use LOVE?

Why not use Like, even when we say, we like or admire, it matters to us. However, we you say love, you are declaring, a devoted emotion to them. And i wasn't saying you are wasting your time, rather, you misunderstood, i asked, why wasted LOVE on someone we truly do not love. There other words to define a like for a actor. Its not about context, actually its about forgetting ourselves in something so momentary as actor. No i do not mean, its a crime to like them or their acting, but i do think its an insult to the word love because you do not fully mean it.

GodhuliLogon

InvisibleSmile
InvisibleSmile

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

loving a star never works for me. for example i have liked aamir for a long long tim from his frst movie in fact...but never did i ever dream or drool or do stuff like that. as you say it is just a waste of  our emotions. you can love them without being in love with them...if you know what I mean

Thank you,finally someone who understands what i meant :) Agreed, you are wasting a emotion on someone, you really at the end of the like and will forget about over time.

rima

Go to top