Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: A charismatic persona

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Charisma is a quality difficult to define. More often than not when your mind is searching for that right word to describe an indefinable quality about someone, 'charisma' is what your brain comes up with. Everyone who has known Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan vouches for her charismatic presence.

But that is not all that makes the model-turned-actress a diva. It's a lot more. After the delivery of her daughter, Aaradhya, seven months ago (November 16), she has received a lot of negative publicity for failing to lose her post-pregnancy weight as is apparently "required" of a public figure. Any other top-notch actress, known for her beauty and petite form, would've been affected by the hullabaloo, may have even decided to drop out of a brand appearance at the Cannes Film Festival, with internet and news pages full of nasty stories about her weight gain. But not Ash.

The French Riviera, where narrow waistlines and designer outfits compete to make the statement of the year, there was this delighted mother and proud woman who posed for the shutterbugs with her usual aplomb in a fitted gown, flashing her 1,000-watt smile that screamed to all her detractors: "Go to hell".

Says director Sanjay Leela Bhansali about one of his favourite actresses, "Aishwarya's biggest strength is that she is headstrong, but in a beautiful demure way, a combination very few are blessed with." Bhansali is known to be a perfectionist, someone who doesn't let any actor deliver short of the character he has created in his mind. It cannot be just co-incidence that he keeps on zeroing in on Ash to portray some of his best female protagonists, be it Nandini of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Paro of Devdas, or Sofia D'Souza of the more recent Guzaarish.

It has been almost two decades since she won the Femina Miss India crown, followed by the Miss World title. But little has changed over the years when it comes to her ethereal beauty, dazzling smile and her determination to be known as one of the best actresses in the country.

A leading designer says, "The first thing that strikes someone about Aishwarya is her breath-taking physical beauty. She truly is heart-stoppingly gorgeous. But physical beauty is only a facet of divadom. To be a true goddess, one must possess something truly unique β€” a quality that remains indefinable but consists of allure, attitude, and above all, ownership. You must own the space you occupy."

Ash does that in every possible way. A few years ago when she was asked about possibly taking up the role of a superwoman, she had said: "Why in future? I am already a superwoman in real life. Ask any married woman and she will agree to my answer."

Today, after the birth of her daughter, she has taken detractors head-on and shown them that no amount of criticism can put her down. From donning designerwear to displaying a wider waist, she does not back off, or try to live up to someone else's idea of a woman.

Photographer Dabboo Ratnani, who has known Ash since her beauty pageant days, explains, "Ash never gives up. She will always push the envelope, whether it's a photoshoot, a role in a film or real life. She has achieved so much, but she is never complacent or arrogant. In fact, she's as friendly as she was at the beginning of her career."

But don't confuse demureness with weakness. Aishwarya's strength lies in her steely resolve and silent determination, which people who know her talk about. Bhansali swears by her calmness, but also admires her strong headedness that makes her demand more out of her characters. She believes dignity lies in silence, and just when you think you've cornered her with bullying, she pulls out a masterstroke. The mark of a true diva.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Aishwarya-Rai-Bachchan-A-charismatic-persona/articleshow/15044299.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I agree she is so charismatic.😍

But more importantly...I love your Diana siggy so much!!!!😍
Originally posted by: sweet coco

I agree she is so charismatic.😍

But more importantly...I love your Diana siggy so much!!!!😍

πŸ€—  Have missed you Hetal!!!!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: EroticGauravMad

πŸ€—  Have missed you Hetal!!!!

awww! You're so precious--have missed you too. πŸ€—πŸ€—

awww! You're so precious--have missed you too. πŸ€—πŸ€—

It has been ages since I talked to you.   This forum is so dull without you!  You know I miss Aish so much.   πŸ˜­  She should do at least one film to get her back into circulation.  I read an article today about her doing a Hollywood film with Billy Zane.  Ewww, that is not the right comeback.  She should do a comeback film with Ritupharno Ghosh, a true performance-driven role.  Who cares if it is a hit?  I just want her back Hetal, 2 years is to long now!   So, you don't post much these days?  Come into the chit chat some more, I miss you there!   πŸ€—
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: EroticGauravMad

It has been ages since I talked to you.   This forum is so dull without you!  You know I miss Aish so much.   πŸ˜­  She should do at least one film to get her back into circulation.  I read an article today about her doing a Hollywood film with Billy Zane.  Ewww, that is not the right comeback.  She should do a comeback film with Ritupharno Ghosh, a true performance-driven role.  Who cares if it is a hit?  I just want her back Hetal, 2 years is to long now!   So, you don't post much these days?  Come into the chit chat some more, I miss you there!   πŸ€—

What?! Billy Zane---a big no no! No I don't think she's doing that. I read she's hitting the gym now and getting back into shape, which means she has looked at some scripts and will probably working in 2013. I think she can work and take care of Lil Baby Ari (that's officially my nickname for her)πŸ˜† by 2013. Let's hope for the best. She shouldn't do anymore more HW films unless it's George Clooney, Clint Eastwood or Stephen Spielberg knocking on her door. I sure hope that Ritu film happens even though sources say he has started eyeing Rani for the role. 

What?! Billy Zane---a big no no! No I don't think she's doing that. I read she's hitting the gym now and getting back into shape, which means she has looked at some scripts and will probably working in 2013. I think she can work and take care of Lil Baby Ari (that's officially my nickname for her)πŸ˜† by 2013. Let's hope for the best. She shouldn't do anymore more HW films unless it's George Clooney, Clint Eastwood or Stephen Spielberg knocking on her door. I sure hope that Ritu film happens even though sources say he has started eyeing Rani for the role. 

I am tired of the media bashing her all the time!  I think that Billy Zane film is a rumor!  I knew she couldn't stay home for to long.  She is truly a working woman.  πŸ˜ƒ  I am predicting she won't have another child.  One is good enough.  She has truly enjoyed motherhood from what I can see.  I wish she would show at least one picture of that cutiepie.  πŸ˜‰  I just hated what Madhur did with Aish.  Perhaps a big film is in the works!!!!  I am hoping for the best.    πŸ€—
MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
already posted isnt it?
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3104040
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I saw that London interviews of hers last week---all she's chubby but still so beautiful. I'm glad she's not apart of Heroine any longer--I'll just assume it's a blessing in disguise (even if it's not...it makes me feel better about the whole fiasco). But moving on to better things...I really hope she signs a film for 2013. She probably wants a huge break and spend time with Ari, but hopefully soon. Her fans, like you and I, will forever wait.😍