Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

A big blooper in the Devi Ganga story! (Page 2)

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Sati's meeting Rama is a Tulsidas invention, totally oblivious to the fact that Parvati already existed at least a yuga before.  Bhageerath's invoking Ganga happened long after Parvati's marriage.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Sati's meeting Rama is a Tulsidas invention, totally oblivious to the fact that Parvati already existed at least a yuga before.  Bhageerath's invoking Ganga happened long after Parvati's marriage.

Tulsidasji uses Sati as another name for Devi Parvathi, so I think Dkdm may have misinterpreted the story. Coming to think of it, he mentions earlier on that Devi Parvathi asks Shivji to tell her about the character of Ram, and Sati is also used as another name for Bhavani Ma since both were the same, so I don't think Sati literally went to meet Shri Ram. Her avatar wasn't that long after all.
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 5:13am | IP Logged
I guess there isn't a blooper then if Sati used time travel in Dkdm, but that theory is kind of weird.Confused Does anyone know which date that episode aired? I'd like to see it again because I think I might have missed that part.

-Tulips-

pnars Senior Member
pnars
pnars

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 5:46am | IP Logged
Sati meeting Rama and Shiva denying her the vamaangi status after that is from the Shiva Purana
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Tulsidasji uses Sati as another name for Devi Parvathi, so I think Dkdm may have misinterpreted the story. Coming to think of it, he mentions earlier on that Devi Parvathi asks Shivji to tell her about the character of Ram, and Sati is also used as another name for Bhavani Ma since both were the same, so I don't think Sati literally went to meet Shri Ram. Her avatar wasn't that long after all.

Tulsidas' a/c, IIRC, was that when Sati met Rama, he bowed to her and acknowledged her as a mother.  When she went back to Mahadev, he too did the same and refused to acknowledge her as his wife, and that's what was one of the reasons (as per Tulsidas) that led to Sati sacrificing herself.

If this is what he wrote, he certainly wasn't using Sati as another name for Parvati (which I doubt is the case - Gauri and Uma are definitely alternate names of Parvati, but I've never read of Sati being one)
Kal El IF-Rockerz
Kal El
Kal El

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:20am | IP Logged

It's mentioned in Shiv Puran (Rudra Samhita).

..RamKiJanaki..

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Captain Kalaunji

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:51am | IP Logged

I guess there isn't a blooper then if Sati used time travel in Dkdm, but that theory is kind of weird.Confused Does anyone know which date that episode aired? I'd like to see it again because I think I might have missed that part.
Here's da link 2 da episodes

Hope 2 see some sigs on dis episode frm u.Wink 

Edited by subha2601 - 20 July 2012 at 9:02am

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by subha2601

Here's da link 2 da episodes

Hope 2 see some sigs on dis episode frm u.Wink 

Thanks! I loved how they used a chaaupai with the tune you generally hear from Sagar Arts' Ramayans. It really brought back memories.Day Dreaming

Btw, did anyone post pics from this episode in the picture gallery?

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index