India-Forums

Dekha Ek Khwaab
Dekha Ek Khwaab

Irony: For the DEK Hopefuls

LizBennet IF-Dazzler
LizBennet
LizBennet

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Okay I guys i wanted to share a letter with you that made me laugh...real hard. Because it was SO ironic that I got this positive email today and that I DIDN'T read it before writing my analysis...SIGH...But what can I do, I need to share this with you, and perhaps as this letter goes on, you will understand what I am going to say after the letter (or just judging by the title of my post, LOL). Perhaps I should have read this before and I would saved myself the heartache, but I think I needed to go crazy and then calm down from it to realize how hilarious and ironic this letter truly is. LOL.

Start of letter:

I know this sounds like a cheesy line from the cover of a magazine, but it's true that bad stuff happens to good people. (Of course, bad stuff happens to bad people, too, and good-to-bad, good-to-good, as well, but the real point is that most of us will end up facing adversity at some time or other.)

When it looms, it's important to cling to the knowledge that humans have a tremendous ability to bounce back. In fact, our survival as a species has depended on this through the millennia.

So what kind of strategies can help you manage your way through a crisis? Here are five:

1. Reflect on your past to identify times when you successfully dealt with adversity. What did you do then? Learn from this, and repeat.

2. Use the power of your imagination to visualise yourself beating the challenge, just like an athlete pictures herself defeating her competitors.

3. Tap into your network of friends, enlisting their help and support. Many hands make light work.

4. Be realistic in your expectations, because bouncing back may not be an overnight task, in the same way that it always takes time for a sprained ankle to mend.

5. Remember that, as a human, you've been programmed to overcome bad times, even if this sometimes involves sitting them out.

The right time to buy insurance is before a problem hits you, and in the same way, maybe it makes sense to think about coping strategies for bad times before you find yourself stuck in them?

End of letter

So guys, we can mope around and be depressed like hell, as I have been since 9 pm or we can bounce back from the depression and do something besides kill Sony feedback inbox with nasty emails. Someone actually on my analysis post, suggested that we go to all the forums and ask them to help us out by watching DEK at its original telecast time because their KTLK forum did the same thing when KTLK was in trouble. So perhaps we can give this show our last final shot before it goes...*inhales*...off air...*exhale*...SIGH that was hard to even write out...I know shooting is suppose to end in two days and God knows SA decides to use the weekend to break her moratorium from twitter in terms of replying about confirmation of DEK ending, but regardless of all those "what ifs", I can' help but not continue fighting for this show because I love it too much to give up now, even if all the odds are against it. Plus if I give up now, I will die of depression before the show even...BREATHE SHama...ends...UGH...I don't think I can live like this guys and for some odd reason I bounced back! 

I don't know if asking for help from everyone is right or wrong right now, or if its misleading you all, I don't intend to do that at all, but I can't sit back, sinking into depression, and be helpless either. I want to thank Dev for his post on my analysis, and TransTech for her interestingly positive post, please read them when you have the time guys, because it made me realize that I can't stop fighting for this show. Its okay if some of you want to give up, but to be honest, watching these ManVeer moments is killing me when I know there are only 8 episodes left of it! I can't even enjoy them properly because the depression of this show ending! So...for those who want to give it one last shot, please gather around at the sticky thread for saving DEK, and please do read Jehan's post, and let's ask her what we can do to help her out, because she has already gone to some forums asking for help and people have pmed her back saying they will help her out. DEK needs a massive jump in TRPs, lets give it a massive jump in TRPs so that we can prove to Sony and Mr. Virendra Shahaney that we used the forums to increase viewership, now its HIS turn to do something about saving our beloved show. Since Neha Thakkar didn't want to confirm DEK ending, only saying we shall see next week, and the same with Mr. Shahaney, lets show them what we fans can do for this show and hopefully get more fans by having other forums watching this show for one week at original telecast so that we can get our time slot change along with new fans! Because come on guys, who wouldn't fall in love with ManVeer at first sight??? Wink

ADDITIONAL NOTE: If you are already ACTIVE in another forum, PLEASE go ahead AND REQUEST people you know or the forum itself them to watch DEK at its original telecast THIS UPCOMING WEEK, lets give this show a massive jump in TRPs! It would be BEST if you made such contact because you already have connections in forum and even more likely to get more people to help out with our cause! Please request them to do this for ONE WEEK so that our show can get the TRP jump it needs so that its TIME SLOT can be CHANGED. That way we shall save our show, get a new time slot, and also have NEW fans for this show! WE ONLY NEED THIS HELP FOR ONE WEEK SO PLEASE REQUEST EVERYONE THat you KNOW from other FORUMS PLEASE!!!!! 

BTW if you have not read Jehan's post, here it is, you can see it on pg. 24, but I have copied and pasted it..Jehan, I salute you for trying when all of us were down in the dumps today! 

okay i did something with out asking anyone...sorry for that
but i posted this post's link and a request note on every single page of serials every serial and manyof them are ready to help us...
i couldn't think of anything and i did this...
but many people are replying that they will help us...the show kitni mohabbat hai official fan page said "its not allowed here but we will keep it and we will not stop anyone to help u"

plz tell me if i did something wrong i am so confused Confusedfeeling so helpless really can't think of anything...me just gonna pray alottt as ramadan is starting from tomorrow on..i don't believe that for the first time in ma life i will pray for a serial...ushhh...lolll...
but really can't help it can't even think living without dek...Cry

P.S: I shall repost this on the thread, but i just wanted to make sure this post was visible to all forum members!!! Moderators, please move this post once its been visible to all members, I just want to make sure this gets seen since members may not be visiting sticky thread out of lost hope! Thank you for your help & understanding! =) 

P.S.S- PLEASE DO look below at Manv's comment about DEK prayer! She explains it a lot better than I do, but the basics is that we should all pray at 8:30 pm today for this show, please lets send our positive thoughts/prayers for this show!

P.S.S.S: VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ if YOU ARE MAKING PHONE CALLS TO SONY!!! Coolchilz who has spoken to Neha THakkar has shared some VERY important tips about how to get thru operators!!! Please make phone calls, these are MORE impactful than emails/tweets! Here is her advice: 

Just ask the operator to connect you to the concerned person..Neha/Virendra/anyone else

Do NOT mention tht you wanna make a request or give feedback...they"ll ignore you and disconnect. I have observed that once they know you have a request, they "ll toss you from one operator to the other and finally disconnect

Plzz request for extension and slot change and also mention that the track is going great now and has the potential to rock trp charts...good luck

Thank you very much coolchillz!!!

P.S.S.S.S: LOL ANOTHER NOTE!!!! PLEASE READ: I just got this new information pm-ed to me just now!!! 

ManVeer FB Admin just shared this with a forum member who shared the new post that I had made about trying to save DEK all over again! Here is what she said: 

also talked with the proiducer of sony he promised me that he will discuss this matter in their meeting and my cousin just msged me that we still have a chance now to save DEK but keep on taking actions!

KEEP CALLING GUYS!!! IT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! I know Virendra's recent reply was depressing, BUT he said that he knows about the issue because the office has been getting several calls and that SENIOR Management is AWARE of the issue! LET'S KEEP THEM EVEN MORE AWARE GUYS!!!! LET'S KEEP TAKING ACTION!!!! 

Edited by yaherd15 - 20 July 2012 at 6:26am

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

veni.vijay100duwa_khatritanya-15AshishianananyaSRKfan2012thumbalinamanvMariam12sherni_ashishDEKfan20122012titlicoolchillzzzMoonlight_Anshsonalisharma1Inkpen4877wendy25SaHillover101SunshinegirllShazzie-JEHAN-Arieltabiarryline-TeriMalang-pia.rahaSammy11-RK_Ki_Biwi-carisma2-SilverAngel--Moni-...navina...Badtameez_Dil

Inkpen4877 Goldie
Inkpen4877
Inkpen4877

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
I'm game! Sign me up! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LizBennet

LizBennet IF-Dazzler
LizBennet
LizBennet

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Inkpen4877

I'm game! Sign me up! 

YAY!!! We DO have some work to do!!! I hope Jehan is around so we can chat with her! Jehan are you there?? I shall PM you!!! =)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

manv-JEHAN-

LizBennet IF-Dazzler
LizBennet
LizBennet

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Ok I have PM-ed Jehan, so I shall await her response! I have told her to meet me here at this post LOL As soon as we hear from her, we shall get started!! Or if you guys any additional suggestions, lets start making them happen too!Tongue

Inkpen4877-JEHAN-

manv Senior Member
manv
manv

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
hey i am with you
do also lets try praying together at 8;30 pm tonight
collective prayers are effective
they say all thoughts are energy and when u think the same thoughts of same frequency and wavelenght they are easily picked up by angels and carried to god
that is the reason why in all religions people go to temples or have a certain fixed times for prayers
guys lets try it out
shamam, if u agree pls tell others on the forum and also on facebook to do the same, i am asking u as u have a better reach to people
it is an unconventional method , but never hurts to try

but during prayers only positive thought as negative or thought about sony or cvs will negate the effectiveness of the prayers

i will be praying at 8;30pm today pls all join me to save dek

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Inkpen4877-JEHAN-LizBennetArieltabi...navina...

carisma2 IF-Stunnerz
carisma2
carisma2

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Great Job..

I am truely exhausted after trying to save PKYEK - But unforyunately we couldn't save it...

BUT again I face the same situation with this show...
I don't wanna keep high hopes but I really hope we win this one.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LizBennet

LizBennet IF-Dazzler
LizBennet
LizBennet

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by manv

hey i am with you
do also lets try praying together at 8;30 pm tonight
collective prayers are effective
they say all thoughts are energy and when u think the same thoughts of same frequency and wavelenght they are easily picked up by angels and carried to god
that is the reason why in all religions people go to temples or have a certain fixed times for prayers
guys lets try it out
shamam, if u agree pls tell others on the forum and also on facebook to do the same, i am asking u as u have a better reach to people
it is an unconventional method , but never hurts to try

but during prayers only positive thought as negative or thought about sony or cvs will negate the effectiveness of the prayers

i will be praying at 8;30pm today pls all join me to save dek

Thank you so much!! Glad to hear!!! Well dear lets make it happen!!! I shall copy this and paste it on the sticky thread both front page and as a comment! =) ANd I shall just copy/paste it and direct ppl to this comment that you have made on this post. INdeed positive thoughts/prayers for DEK!!! Totally with you on this!

manv-JEHAN-

LizBennet IF-Dazzler
LizBennet
LizBennet

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by carisma2

Great Job..

I am truely exhausted after trying to save PKYEK - But unforyunately we couldn't save it...

BUT again I face the same situation with this show...
I don't wanna keep high hopes but I really hope we win this one.

THanks Cari!!!

Well hopefully we have some sort of hope with this one since PKYEK was on Star One and the channel planned to shut it down to revamp it into LifeOk (which btw is way lame, StarOne was AWESOME) Sigh. 

INdeed don't want to get everyone's hopes up too high, but hoping to win this one anyway, gotta give it one last shot for my own sanity LOL

-JEHAN-carisma2

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index