Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Why has Hrithik never been the No 1 actor? (Page 3)

Unconventional IF-Sizzlerz
Unconventional
Unconventional

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nkapoor3

Originally posted by Mrsimisam

Originally posted by Nkapoor3

Originally posted by Mrsimisam

Bcoz of our beloved Khans...till der is Salman, Shah Rukh and Amir der will be no other actor on top...Big smile

Hrithik's movies have done better than the movies of khans in quite a few years, just saying

I totally agree Nk...i cant imagine a Salman or Srk in KMG , Dhoom or Agneepath...he's one of d finest actors dat we have today...bt i personally feel dat he still lacks d star power dat d Khans have...Big smile
agreed!! I am sure the khans have more star power they have been in the industry a decade longer. 

Oh yes...3 more yrs and u'll see he's der...Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

Pirated_Fun IF-Rockerz
Pirated_Fun
Pirated_Fun

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
He has said no to many films which became hit or blockbuster ..
He did  quite a few trash
But like someone said he is a complete package ..His looks , his acting talent , his dance moves etc are really one of the best from BW ..But he shall consider doing more commercial cinema ...Oh no He shall do more cinema ...I really miss him onscreen ..He is getting old without doing much movies...HR is HR ...

Barundeewani19

chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
He was good in KNPH Fiza and MK. After that dunno what happened to him. He has become unbearable on screen now. 

and ofcourse choosing films like Aap mujhe lagne lage and MPKDH. OMG what was he thinking while saying yes to them. They were horrible. I had a huge crush on him when his first film released but now I just can't stand himSleepy

Edited by chocobear - 19 July 2012 at 11:11pm
FreeBird03 IF-Sizzlerz
FreeBird03
FreeBird03

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Hrithik is a very popular actor...the thing is he does very few films..and most of them are not masala films...

look at the result of his last masala film, Agneepath...expect Krrish 3 to break some records too! One cannot question his popularity or box office power... I think he is one of the best we have Smile but I agree with whoever said... he needs to do more movies...I miss watching him on screen Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

tulsi003-enchanted-Barundeewani19Nkapoor3

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Hrithik, for some reason...never interested me. I still remember the craze over him when his first movie came out. But after that, people calmed down lol

ruky786

BlackStar. IF-Sizzlerz
BlackStar.
BlackStar.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Because he's not that great of an actor.. I've only seen improvement in him as an actor now with movies like Jodha Akhbar, Agneepath, Kites or Guzaarish.. I think he was the weakest part of Zindagi.. Artificial and fake.. Sometimes he tries to hard.. Plus of-course the hamming.. He was worse than Kareena in movies like MPKDH and Yaadein..

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

cherrymavenabby_girl30Pirated_Fun.Sad.But.True.Kai.Chameli_billiruky786

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
HR never being no. 1 can be blamed on 3 factors. Firstly there is always someone doing better than him commercially at every point of time ie SRK, Akshay and now Salman. The second factor is he doesnt really always pursue commercial films. The third factor is long intervals between his films. He had a release early this year and his next will be sometime next year. He should do atleast a couple of films in a year and not make fans wait for so long. If he atleast ensures the 3rd doesnt happen I am sure he will be a bigger mass hero than he is today.

Pirated_Fun

krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged
 This is going to be a highly unpopular opinion, but Hrithik is one of the most over-rated actors ever.   I am sorry, but he is not natural.  He just seems overly pretentious and too full of himself on-screen.  I don't ENJOY him except when he is dancing...even in ZNMD, Farhan and Abhay were far more engaging than him, but, unfortunately, he got nominated for the Best Actor while these two were nominated as Supporting Actors.  How unfair!!!!  Barring Koi Mil Gaya, and some portions of Lakshya, Jodha Akbar and Guzaarish, he just doesn't appeal to me Confused

Personally, I believe his greek-god looks earned him all this popularity (ahem..and I don't even find him handsome...go ahead and throw insults at me Wink)!  He is extemely lucky, that's it.  Even in a film like Agneepath, I found him wanting of that simmering anger and resentment that his character needed to embody.  Just gritting your teeth and narrowing your eyes to slits doesn't convey intensity; hell, I found that little kid who played the young VIjay much more impactful than this guy! :) 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sidra246.Sad.But.True.Chameli_billiruky786

Go to top