Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why has Hrithik never been the No 1 actor? - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Because he is supremely and extraordinarily boring.

End of the story.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^if boring means not giving arrogant remarks and being humble about success then I am glad he is boring!!
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: krangara

This is going to be a highly unpopular opinion, but Hrithik is one of the most over-rated actors ever.   I am sorry, but he is not natural.  He just seems overly pretentious and too full of himself on-screen.  I don't ENJOY him except when he is dancing...even in ZNMD, Farhan and Abhay were far more engaging than him, but, unfortunately, he got nominated for the Best Actor while these two were nominated as Supporting Actors.  How unfair!!!!  Barring Koi Mil Gaya, and some portions of Lakshya, Jodha Akbar and Guzaarish, he just doesn't appeal to me 😕

Personally, I believe his greek-god looks earned him all this popularity (ahem..and I don't even find him handsome...go ahead and throw insults at me 😉)!  He is extemely lucky, that's it.  Even in a film like Agneepath, I found him wanting of that simmering anger and resentment that his character needed to embody.  Just gritting your teeth and narrowing your eyes to slits doesn't convey intensity; hell, I found that little kid who played the young VIjay much more impactful than this guy! :) 

Agreed completely. He tries too damned hard. He was awful in Jodha Akbar, it felt like a 80s Yuppy New Yorker was playing the role of Akbar. He had the look down but his acting was horrendous...too pretentious and wannabe. You can't have that while playing historical characters. I have only found him to be natural in Fiza and to a certain extent in Lakshya. Every where else, its the same nostrils flaring and the same forehead veins popping. He also tends to make those pouty expressions a lot. He has a long way to go...he's just not a natural actor...his acting is forced. 

pakeezah thumbnail
Hrithik doesnt aspire to any number ones twos

He is in a league of his own

All rounder and easily the best looking actor in Bollywood

history
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
just because his expressions are weird to u does not mean he is not a natural, have u watched Agneepath yet?
This content was originally posted by: Dexterkichokri.

Agreed completely. He tries too damned hard. He was awful in Jodha Akbar, it felt like a 80s Yuppy New Yorker was playing the role of Akbar. He had the look down but his acting was horrendous...too pretentious and wannabe. You can't have that while playing historical characters. I have only found him to be natural in Fiza and to a certain extent in Lakshya. Every where else, its the same nostrils flaring and the same forehead veins popping. He also tends to make those pouty expressions a lot. He has a long way to go...he's just not a natural actor...his acting is forced.

I'm not quite sure why he was never number one. He's a pretty decent actor but I guess he lacks that charisma and charm that the Khans have. I mean, I really really like (especially in KabhiKhushiKabhiiGham and Agneepath ❤️) him but i CANNOT connect with him at any level. I dont enjoy his interviews, his performances, his promotions, his anything! I find him very pretentious and boring off screen. Gaaah. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I disagree.. obviously duggu cares about the race... why else would he do films like doom and Agneepath... obv to be no. 1. 

To answer the topics question-- wasn't he no.1 during krish and kmg time? 

I think the reason why duggu is not consistent (at being on top) is because he's boring on screen.. he doesn't have the charisma srk has. In Agneepath, Sanjay dutt and rishi stole the show while duggu was sleep walking through every scene. 

in doom 3, Abhi and that other short guy stole the show

He was good in Krissh but than he was the only hero in that film

I also think he's not that passionate about acting. Remember... he only started acting because his dad is a director. While with srk... his passionate about his work because he had to work really hard to reach where he is today. He didn't have a father to direct his movies for him. 

sorry am comparing him with srk.. but I had to mention srk to explain why duggu isn't no. 1
Edited by beboholic - 11 years ago
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
If someone says HR was sleepwalking through Agneepath .. I feel she shall go for eye checkup ...
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Well because he doesnt have a certain aura 
**Edited: Advertising**
He can act but he sometimes goes overboard. I reckon him second best actor after Amir Khan. He can do any kind ( yet to Comedey though) of roles. I didnt like Guzarish and Kites but he was awesome in Fizaa, Dhoom, Krish and Jodha Akbar. That being said, he will never be one in the race till he changes his last name to Khan. These days people follows mindless flicks which fries brain and do not care about moives with quality content. I m not his fan but I do prefer his movies over any SRK or Salman's movies.
Edited by souro - 11 years ago