Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Another sharth? 

What's the penalty...which page has the details?
Originally posted by: .Mandy.

Exactly, the deal was the day she runs into his arms she will accept him as her husband. Khushi can try to get out of this ASR style but she will be defeated.

Eventually, yes... but are we talking just the current situatiom at the poolside with the shadow for the bet or more than that?? I am so confused...πŸ˜•
-Vee05- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: veeps

Nothing of any value ever happens on a monday... so Tuesday makes sense... but the shadow thing will surely be cleared  tomorrow... no??? So sharth is beyond who the shadow is???

Friday is generally a bhejaFRY kinda day anyways...I see darna an more roothna tomorrow πŸ˜›
howcome thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

Another sharth? 

What's the penalty...which page has the details?

pg 22 πŸ˜†
meens80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi Sheila,
So you are back to sharting na; can't resist for too long right and with you around neither can we.
I am Team Pati; this week is definitely a build-up to ASR winning and Khushi acknowledging him at her pati (dil se toh she has already accepted himπŸ˜‰).

Teej is coming up next week; the CV's will bring in the romance and what better way than a truly united ARHI on TeejπŸ˜ƒ

showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkbs

Why I think she will accept him as her pati.

She admitted she should have gone to Agra.

That for my brain is symbolism for acceptance.
Hmmph.

Whattah brain...
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: docgirl

Rabba Ve Masala Sahelis  πŸ€—

What a scorcher that was...smokin'! πŸ˜³  Be still my beating heart. Dhak, Dhak, out of control. Forget the pyaar jo kho gaya, this was passion and how! β˜ΊοΈ  For all of us starved of the mohabbat --- wow, some banquet this turned out to be. β€οΈ Sanaya and Barun brought it --- that absolutely spine tingling, pulse racing chemistry. Sobti especially was at the top of his game  - the expressions, the voice, the physicality... all absolutely spot on. πŸ‘πŸΌ  If he is playing the metrosexual Mr Right that would be a waste of his talents! πŸ˜‰

The coming out of the closet --- played cute, not creepy or metrosexual at all. Coffee, Tea or Me was vintage Tom and Jerry ArHi. If you want to stay in SKD, you should skip past straight ahead to the Sharth... just a quick warning! πŸ˜ƒ

A couple of things that interfered with my enjoyment of the passionate intensity overdrive:

1. Passion is... bruising and battering your sweetheart.   This has been my pet peeve with the show from the very beginning. The grabbing of the arms, the twisting of the wrist, causing bruising  and pain ...  ermmm, how the heck does this constitute romance? πŸ€”

I hate all versions of this he-likes-to-play-it-rough kinda love...  including bopping her on the head with a danda to protect her. πŸ€’ I don't know if the manifestation of physicality in a consensual, passionate coupling is being confused with this demonstration of the man overpowering the woman with his strength against her will causing her pain. πŸ˜•

"Lekin aapse choth khaaney ki aadat hai humein" . What an awful, pathetic admission that was. "Lekin hum abhi bhi aapko apna pati nahin maantey." Unfortunate set of coupled dialogs. "You routinely hurt me physically... but that doesn't make you my husband!" I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended to come off that way, but that veered, unwittingly I'm sure, dangerously close to Satyameva Jayate and Aamir Khan territory. In my best ASR voice I say --- ENOUGH! No more of the rough, knock her around and bruise her version of love and passion --- peeleejh. 

2. "Main kya kar sakta hoon, tum acchi tarah jaanti ho" and the the FB with the pearls scattering -- subtext much? That bordered on sexual intimidation. I get that the point is to show a possessive, passionate love, but there is a fine line between that and coercion. To my mind, it was in danger of tipping over a couple of times.

The key is to have a Khushi who is torn between her hurt emotions and her hormones running wild. Having her cringe, screw her  face up as if anticipating torture and pain that she has no choice but to endure seemed absolutely the wrong creative choice. This was also part of the problem with that dori scene on the haystack in the hutwa. 

What we needed was Diwali almost kiss Khushi --- who was anticipating, welcoming even of the passion. Sure, there was some trepidation but she was with ASR all the way. If that Khushi had then pushed back because her feelings of hurt surfaced to stop her from giving in, then this would've worked perfectly. I do think this is a directorial misstep, coz Sanaya pulled off the diwali almost kiss perfectly. 

In general, the better creative choice would've been a taunting, flirting, challenging ASR and a passion struck, flustered but determined to resist Khushi. If she'd retreated and he'd taunted her with a "Darr gayi kya, maidan chood ke bhaag rahi ho?", we'd have had a Khushi rushing back, standing nose to nose with ASR because nothing works better with Khushi than a challenge. Then the flipping of the hair and the hold across the nape, would've worked better. A smirking "Kyon itna darr rahi ho? Mujhse ya apne aap se and the almost kiss would have been sexual challenge, not intimidation. 

At the end of the day, the scene really came alive, not because of the near intimidation or the grabbing and bruising, but because of the come hither manaa loonga challenge and because of the decisive jerk back when HP interrupted them. The cool unembarrassed pati declaring by his actions that a clinch with his patni is the most natural thing the world --- uber sexy! β˜ΊοΈ

My general point is this: passion is tricky to execute on TV, particularly with a large audience that differs so widely in strata, age, sensibility and moral values. It is dangerous to show a cringing woman, whose consent is questionable. Yes, this is a desi M&B, a daily show intended for entertainment not for social upliftment. GHji has already told us that if we want to effect social change we have Satyameva Jayate. 

However, life influences art and art influences life. We cannot, even if we want to, place the two in separate silos. I'm not advocating a social crusade by the show, only a little care in making sure that the message is not "When you say NO, you actually mean YES. Khushi should NOT come off as someone being coerced, she has to be a woman with agency -- her dilemma ought to be internal, the battle between her passion and her emotions. 

Whatever my misgivings, it worked even where things were a bit dodgy, because of two things 1. Sobti pulled off the passionate lover perfectly, kudos to him and to the director and because 2. the end goal was to have her accept him as her husband, and then jump her bones! πŸ˜› I do sympathize with the CVs... we say we want passion, but then when they deliver it in spades the Naari Mukti Morchaa (of which I'm card carrying member! πŸ˜Š) shows up and starts lecturing... what's the show to do? πŸ˜‰ 

In my defense, I'll say... I don't think it tipped over, all I'm saying is SAAVDHAAN, caution  (the 2 language thing seems to work so much better!). πŸ˜ƒ

***End of feminist lecture*****

Does anything else even matter? It has to be said, just when the matriach impressed me with her support of the Gupta sisters and her telling off Maamiji, the car trip happened! Payal was dumped in the trunk like a piece of luggage by none other than her pati. The Raizadas...  πŸ· . NW1W (not worth 1 word!) . Akshay Dogra peeleejh renegotiate your contract. This scumbag portrayal is so not working! 

A couple of days ago, I said only good things happen when ASR sharths. Ruefully I asked, when will he sharth again? 

Today pati and patni wheeled and dealed --- whattay fun it was.  When they are wheeling and dealing, can our sharthing be far behind? πŸ˜›: 

Sharthwa Ve: Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (HAHK!) with a special title dedication to the bold red font! πŸ˜†

ASR: "Tum mujhe apna husband manogi"
Khushi: "Nahin Manengey"! 

ASR: Deal? 
Khushi: Sauda... Taiyh raha! 

So she's all alone by the pool in a rain storm , it's dark and scary and a shadow passes across. What happens next? 

The sharth has through money shot Tuesday to play out. Your options:

Team Pati: It is ASR and she'll fly into his arms and acknowledge him as her pati

Team Patni: ASR, NK or even Lakshmi barge in... Patni wins this round. No flying into his arms just yet.

Team Gul's googly: Bwahaha... You think you knojh my mind and can telljh what I have planned? πŸ˜ˆ  

Pick your sharths: Since Gul's googly is playing with house money, new rules. 

You can pick GG only once in every 3 sharths. Those who won GG last time, you can't pick GG for the next two sharths. Come on peeps, don't play safe... live dangerously! πŸ˜‰

Jumanas: 
ONLY IF YOU WANT TO PAY - NO COERCION!!!!!!
DO IT FOR YOU, DON'T DO IT FOR ME πŸ˜›

Team Pati: If you lose, justify any one paagal action or quality of Khushi's that seems near indefensible to you. 

Team Patni: If you lose, justify any one paagal action or quality of ASR's/ Arnav's  that seems near indefensible to you. 

Team Gul's Googly: If you lose, justify any one paagal action or quality of Khushi's AND one of ASR/Arnav's that seems near indefensible to you. 

Lagi Sharth? 

Doc - is it any wonder that I absolutely and totally β€οΈ you? Despite the Saharan temps of today's show - that's exactly what bothered me too - like a dead fly in an otherwise perfect souffle πŸ˜•

πŸ€— for the sharth shout out, but I'm gonna sit this one out, and with good reason too. My suspicion of what's gonna happen puts me in GKG category.

ipkbs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -Vee05-

<font color="#ff00cc" size="3" face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif">Agra ka Pagal Khana is bigger than Shantivan...Dont forget that🀣</font>

So Agra has a pagal khana? I thought it just sported dead bodies of two people in a white sinking building..
-monalisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Wokay, what is happening? 
-monalisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkbs

So Agra has a pagal khana? I thought it just sported dead bodies of two people in a white sinking building..

The pagal khaana is actually more famous Ippy πŸ˜›