India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

What's the deal with Sonarika? (Page 8)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Criticism of an actress is perfectly alright. I'm not against criticism of Sonarika as it's true that she's nowhere near perfect yet, but what really ticks me off are those people who hail Mouni as if she's a goddess herself and put Sonarika down as if she's not even worth Parvathi's role. She may not be the best, but neither was Mouni and her constant screeching had me annoyed many times. In fact, I think Mohit Raina is the highlight of this show and had it been Mouni with someone else, I wouldn't have watched it as I never thought she was 100% perfect for Sati's role.
Anyway, the bashers are not so much prominent in this forum as they are in other websties, but some people have begun bashing Devi Parvathi herself because of Sonarika, and that is really the last straw. That's why I opened this thread. I'm sorry if it's against forum rules, the DT is free to close it, but this is my view.

By all means feel free to criticize Sonarika. In fact, I have a few criticisms of Mohit as well, but please do not bash. This is a mythological forum so our conduct should be dignified here. Do not act like the immature fans of other forums who fight amogst themselves over their fav characters/actors.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pnarsromi21whatthewhat

foram. IF-Stunnerz
foram.
foram.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Guys i want to say sumthing. I went through all dis comments and i found dis that whenever sum1 says they dont like sona they are ultimately "reffered" as mouni fans.when sum1 says that they didn't like her voice or they dont get connected to her, they are said as bashers. Whereas many had said dat even mouni was not good, her expresions,her voice etc was not good and blah blah! Why dis not come under bashing. Dont get me wrong i m not on any1s side. In this forum no 1 is bashing any1 nor mouni nor sona. Unlike other sites.so chillout guys they are just putting forth their povs. I just love dkdm and every1 associated with it even our forum members so sab log apne gile shikwe bhulakar njoy watching the show.and forget about other sites and close dis topic here itself.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nehaaa-romi21-Tulips-sukhi...

_Meena_ IF-Addictz
_Meena_
_Meena_

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
All i do is "Ignore ignore and ignore " those rude people because i only watch the show to see the story of gods. if ppl think sonarika isnt good their opinion and i respect that but do i care about their opinions? no, just watch the show to show your devotion towards gods that it
-Nymphadora- IF-Sizzlerz
-Nymphadora-
-Nymphadora-

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Okey now this is enough
Everyone please read!
This thread started off as a why is sonarika bashed thread,and now its become a Mouni v/s Sona thread
i dont think by pulling someone down another person can come up,by criticizing Mouni Sonarika wont come up and vice versa by criticizing Sonarika Mouni wont come up
Mouni worked very hard for the role,and now Sonarika is doing the same,you cannot not give them credit for thier efforts
Critisism is fine,but please do not compare Mouni with Sona-its unfair
Regarding all Sona bashers being Mouni fans-its a sad thing,but its true
but that does not mean all of Mounis fans are Sona Bashers,they are some very gracious members who have either accepted Sona or they have choose to respect her and not bash her or say nasty stuff about her(i respect those people)
No Body is born perfect,and providing good constructive criticism is perfectly fine and infact is encouraged-if someone thinks Sona needs to improve there is absolutely nothing wrong in that-and there is no need to get hurt or offended because of that!a good critique can always make an actor put forward better work!
but yes if the criticism gets too out of hand like commenting on Sonas family,her getting influence,her being ugly worthless(as posted on websites outside I-F )its not tolerable!and most importantly indirectly bashing the characters or comparing Sati and Parvati is nonsense,they are Goddesses and should be left alone!
fortunately I-F is pretty much cleaner as compared to other platforms
regarding Mouni and Sonas voices-my POV,is that all women(generally) inhertily have screechy high pitched voices..LOL...thats something Gods given us ladies and we cant to much about it
s commenting on Kiski voice Jyaada screechy hai..is kinds sillyLOL

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nehaaa-Bhavaaniromi21mnx12.Vrish.-SilverFlames-sukhi...-Tulips-NandiniRaizadaa-Araina-..RamKiJanaki..

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
I do not see why we should not discuss/critique the actors. Even in a mythological show. 

However, I agree with you Janaki that it is highly irritating when the criticism of an actor blurs with criticism of a character. That's just downright silly. Since the character in this case is a goddess that people revere, it is more than just silly. Obviously some people are offended. From the other thread that is now closed, it is now patently obvious that some folks view DKDM as a love story/love saga or whatever they called it. Such fundamental misunderstandings are going to result in unreasonable demands/views about actors...it's inevitable. But what can we do about this??? We cannot alter their thinking. And as I mentioned before - it is not a coincidence that this issue is flaring up when the Shiv-Parvati Vivah is imminent. 

I know it's highly irritating for us to read continuous criticisms of Sonarika, both explicit and passive aggressive remarks, which come from a partisanship of the other actress. But we must take the high road and royally ignore this nonsense. 

It's a good thing to have a healthy discussion about this. After all, we cannot parse the motives of people who make criticisms - however obvious they may be to us. Take heart that the majority of the people on this forum  know to distinguish between actor and character. 

We must have room for those people who have genuine criticisms of Sonarika's acting too. 

Edited by narangi_77 - 20 July 2012 at 9:26pm

-SilverFlames--Tulips-LeadNitrate..RamKiJanaki..

-Araina- IF-Stunnerz
-Araina-
-Araina-

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
I do not understand either.. In her initial entry, I didn't like her as I was used to seeing Mouni. But after few episode's passed, I feel as if she is the perfect choice for the role of Parvati. In more episodes, I'm sure she will improve more. A chance just needs to be given to her with an open mind...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08pnars-SilverFlames--Tulips-sukhi.....RamKiJanaki..

pnars Senior Member
pnars
pnars

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
I actually like actor critiques. But character critiques get my goat. I get especially irritated by people shedding boatloads of tears over long-dead mythological characters. Grow up, toddlers!

Here's my contribution to the actor critique section -

Mohit Raina (he's not perfect either) -

1. Not a great dancer
2. Was wooden in initial episodes but has grown admirably since then - great dialogue delivery, measured performances, impeccable pronounciation.
3. Fits the Shiva character to a T now. Star of the show.

Mouni Roy -

1. Exotic beauty who excelled in the role of her life as Sati.
2. Screechy. Enough said.
3. Was able to carry off the haughty princess role beautifully probably because it it mirrors her real life personality. Would have been a disaster as Parvathi imo.

Sonarika B -

1. Young. Very young. Still learning. But she's trying, and growing by the episode.
2. Looks fabulous, like a mytho character out of ACK.
3. Needs voice training.

Just my two paise of opinion folks, don't mean to offend anyone.Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08pooji2012Indiisub_rosa-Tulips-..RamKiJanaki..

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:05pm | IP Logged

An actor always improves with criticism. Before the final take they add a lot in their performance. What we see on screen is the end result. Every actor improves with time, experience.

Criticising their acting capabalities to see better presentation of the character they are playing is perfectly all right. That's how they excell in their performance. We are here to see a good show with amazing content, which is also criticised at times, which we all do refering to the sources available.
Only thing is all the criticism should be done fairly.

.Vrish.-SilverFlames-sukhi.....RamKiJanaki..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index