Devon ke Dev Mahadev

What's the deal with Sonarika? (Page 7)

rickks IF-Sizzlerz
rickks
rickks

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shubhika124

Criticism of an actress even before she appeared , deja vu Janaki? Embarrassed
Filthy bashers are everywhere Angry IF is still fine , read the comments on YT , just because their fave actress is not playing Parvati too , Sona is being cursed & abused. How detestable Angry
For me nobody could have done a better role Day Dreaming

I have seen people finding fault with her voice too. Dead For me its her teeny voice that makes her even more attractive. She is just 20. What do people expect from her? Ouch

She is 1000 times better for her age. Embarrassed

It is sad that Sonarika is being abused and based even after doing such a flawless Job...The role of Parvati looks as if tailored for her...I don;t think there could have been a better choice other than Sona for this role...Mouni could never have done the role of Parvati with justice. Sonarika is grace and poise personified and works wonders for the role of Devi Parvati...

I personally love her Voice and Voice Modulation...Loved in her all the break-down scene, during the Tapasya scene, love her when she looks at Mahadev with all the love and adoration, with the sweet little smirk etc...Its a treat to watch her perform

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08romi21-SilverFlames--Tulips-..RamKiJanaki..

rickks IF-Sizzlerz
rickks
rickks

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti.nil

Mouni suited Sati to the T...she was perfect as Sati-shes been a favorite and always will be
I was a bit hesitant when Sona was Cast as Parvati,but when i see her as Parvati i realize out of all the choices,even Mouni,Sona suits the role the best...
Sati needed that attitude,that haughtiness,arrogance and slight high strung think about her that Mouni got through perfectly

Parvati on the other hand requires a softness,a maturity,a divinity and purity in her and Sona gets that through effectively...

The Cvs have purposely taken two very very different looking actors for the roles so that the individuality of the roles is maintained...and honestly looking at thier interpretation of Parvati(as a soft,mature,obidient,and patient character) Mouni may not have been able to put forward a softer Parvati after a very haughty Sati

I myself couldn't have said it in better words...You have penned down all that i wanted to saySmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

romi21..RamKiJanaki..

_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:40am | IP Logged
she's doing full justice to her role. i like her...
romi21 Goldie
romi21
romi21

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:49am | IP Logged
I feel Sonarika is improved a lot compared to her 1st episode & as PArvati She's doing a wonderful job..Keep going gal.. Those who like you will motivate & praise you . Criticism & Appreciation are part n parcel of every Job. Infact slowly Im able to connect to her character. Now days i just don't wait for Mohit to come on screen , im eager to watch Sona's performance too & slowly with her performance she doesn't make me feel that we miss our Mouni. From the beginning i have mentioned Mouni has made her own benchmark & same way Sona too will set her own benchmark . Infact i just smile when i watch her interviews with Mohit. She just BLUSHES a lot which looks cute on her . All the best Sona we DKDMD Fans will always be with you & those who don't BAS DHEKNE KA NAZARIYA HAIN!!!!  & truly She matches up well with MAHADEV's (MoHIT) calmness & Now what i say to the team that they HAVE TAKEN A PERFECT CHOICEThumbs Up

-Tulips-..RamKiJanaki..

Mulan08 Senior Member
Mulan08
Mulan08

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Actually...when  I first saw the show I was impressed by Mohit but let down by Mouni as Sati..I mean was just disappointed...but I accepted that you cannot control the makers of the show.

I accepted her and was happy that the makers did their best so that she looked quite nice sometimes and got good lines too.

Those who do not like Sonarika will have to learn to like her if they wish to enjoy the show...its the only solution. And it is quite easy to like her Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged

Why is this considered some actor's show? Where as this is Mahadev's, Devi Shakti's story. Such good messages are shown, about rising ourselves to a higher level. We should learn something from them & move over to enjoying this amazing story rather then all getting stuck on the actors, who are playing their part well.

Hope everyone has expressed their views on this topic. Let's move over to Mahadev & Devi Parvati the real great characters from the actors playing them.

Edited by mnx12 - 20 July 2012 at 12:25pm

-SilverFlames--Tulips-

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
I have  to disagree with majority here.
Sonarika is a very pretty girl and when she smiles she lokos divine, the scene where she realises adi shakti, after that, her face looked very pretty.

But she cannot act well. Sorry but i find her monotone voice modulation and her lack of expressions very deterring.
MOuni was no epitome of acting, she screeched and screamed a lot. Still because of her dance training her expressions when she was not speaking were quite good, specially her eye expressions. Mouni is an experienced actor and dancer. Sonarika is not. So she still needs to learn.  and she needs to work on her eye expressions a lot, my personal opinion as a dancer. Specially for such shows, where divine depiction is done. But she needs to be open to criticism for that, thats how we learn.

And i strongly feel there is no point praising an actor and actress to the sky unnecessarily and there is no harm in criticizing them. they are just doing their job and part of their responsibility is to provide viewers satisfaction. if any viewer is not satisfied he or she has every right to speak up. And the manner and language is a persons personal preference, so no comment on that. But it is very much alright if people critique such actors and actresses.

As much as the show is about Shiv and Shakti, proper potrayal and acting is also important to make it seem more real and get the story to heart. How many of us would have kept following the soap for long time devotedly, if MOhit wasn't here , by dint of his hardwork, literally living the role fo Shiv?

sub_rosa-Tulips-

sanju01 Senior Member
sanju01
sanju01

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

I have  to disagree with majority here.
Sonarika is a very pretty girl and when she smiles she lokos divine, the scene where she realises adi shakti, after that, her face looked very pretty.

But she cannot act well. Sorry but i find her monotone voice modulation and her lack of expressions very deterring.
MOuni was no epitome of acting, she screeched and screamed a lot. Still because of her dance training her expressions when she was not speaking were quite good, specially her eye expressions. Mouni is an experienced actor and dancer. Sonarika is not. So she still needs to learn.  and she needs to work on her eye expressions a lot, my personal opinion as a dancer. Specially for such shows, where divine depiction is done. But she needs to be open to criticism for that, thats how we learn.

And i strongly feel there is no point praising an actor and actress to the sky unnecessarily and there is no harm in criticizing them. they are just doing their job and part of their responsibility is to provide viewers satisfaction. if any viewer is not satisfied he or she has every right to speak up. And the manner and language is a persons personal preference, so no comment on that. But it is very much alright if people critique such actors and actresses.

As much as the show is about Shiv and Shakti, proper potrayal and acting is also important to make it seem more real and get the story to heart. How many of us would have kept following the soap for long time devotedly, if MOhit wasn't here , by dint of his hardwork, literally living the role fo Shiv?
I agree with u.Mouni is not such a great actress but her facial expressions[probably because she is a dancer]and her dialogue delivery was good so people loved her iin the role of sati.
Sonarika is a newbie.She has to still learn a lot.She is beautiful but still has not impressed me with her acting.I don't want to say any more as people will think i am bashing her.She is not so good but she is learning.She is improving herself.She is now better than her first scene in the show.We just have to be patient and sit and watch.She has that divine face yaar.She really looks like Devi.Let's see she improves herself more by the time she plays Durga. 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index