Devon ke Dev Mahadev

What's the deal with Sonarika? (Page 5)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I don't get it. Why can't people give Sonarika a chance before criticizing her?ConfusedConfused If you guys remember, Mouni wasn't that great as Devi Sati in the beginning of Dkdm, but she improved with the episodes so it'd be nice if people stop complaining about Sonarika in every episode and actually give her a chance. For her age she's not that bad, and as far as looks go I think she's far more beautiful than Mouni. I have nothing against Mouni and she was good as Sati, but I like Sonarika as Devi Parvathi more and think the hate against her is undeserved.

The real problem was people wanting Mouni to get Parvati's role.  While people can have their individual preferences as far as the choice of actors go, what annoyed me was the demand that people twisting mythological facts to claim that Parvati was Sati and therefore the same actress should get her role.  There were major character differences b/w them - Sati was easily a lot more emotional, whereas Parvati was very gentle.  I've seen a couple or so opine that the roles of Mouni and Sonarika should have been switched, but I agree w/ how they were assigned.

There is however one criticism of Sonarika that people make that I somewhat agree w/ - her voice.  Nothing against it, but it sounds too shrill (sorta like Mary Lou Retton) to be a Parvati's.  I do wish the PH did something about that, b'cos whenever she breaks her silence, her voice is some sort of a let down to an otherwise serious statement.

But other than that, she's done a great job depicting Mata Parvati.  Some things are the fault of directors - like during the time following Kama's incineration where Parvati seemed to be competing w/ Nandi for the weeping awards, and I for one never hold it against an actor.  Some actors may be sublime, but if they have a weak direction under them, their brilliance doesn't show - like in the case of Vishal playing Krishna.

Parvathi Devi is Sati reborn, but same actress doesn't necessarily have to play them, because both were born to different fathers and mothers. It's easy to believe that both looked different. However, it's not twisting mythological facts that both were same, because Shiva Purana states that Sati immolated herself in order to be born to a different father whom she could respect. Daksha was undeserving to be the father of a Goddess, whereas Himavan was a good and wise father who realized Shiva's divinity.

I do agree that Sonarika's voice is a bit shrill, especially in that crying scene post-Kama you mentioned, but I think it's also because she's really young compared to Mouni. Also, the direction could be faulty as you said because they made Parvathi sound a bit too desperate in that scene. I have hope that Sonarika can improve a lot further along the line, and I personally think she's better than Priya in DBSK. People accepted her, so I'm sure they can accept Sonarika if they stop comparing her to Mouni.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.-SilverFlames--Tulips-

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
@Disha and Narangi,

I agree with you. Mouni did a good job as Sati Devi and left on a good note, so there's no need to cry about her departure from the show, though missing her is natural, but like you guys said, I never thought Mouni was that brilliant that Sonarika pales in comparison to her. I've seen actresses better than Mouni even in new mythos (like Sayabhama from DBSK, Sita from AS Ramayan, teen Radha from Jai Shri Krishna, etc) and think Sonarika actually suits the looks of a Goddess more than her. Like someone mentioned, Mouni had that haughty countenance which may have been suitable for Sati, but even Sati was supposed to be a gentle lady so I wasn't much impressed with her. Only thing is that Mouni's dialogue deliver was really polished, but Sonarika can improve too down the line.

@Vrish,

I've seen the comments under the Ram-Ravan video you mentioned, and they really make me laugh! Devotees who fight over Vishnu and Shiva haven't yet understood them, because ultimately they are the same God in two different forms, Vishnu representing the preserver of the universe and Shiva the destroyer. Along with Brahma all three are the same, but some so-called bhakts don't know this and continue to fight.

@Subha,

I haven't read the rangmuch article, because generally I try to stay away from articles since it's rare when they actually print something true.Ermm Mose of them are biased and partial towards one person, and this of course causes fans to erupt on either side. Believe me, I've had experience with this by being a fan of Gurmeet Choudhary, lol. His articles are most claustrophobic!LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.-SilverFlames-.FemmeFatale.

shubhika124 IF-Sizzlerz
shubhika124
shubhika124

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:46am | IP Logged

Yes, definitely feeling deja vu.WinkWink In fact, some of those bashers are the same. Surprise you at all?

No LOL They are meant to do bashing LOL

You're right. IF is a lot better because mods actually take serious action against bashing, but YT vids and facebook are the worst, because no one prevents it and people are allowed to say what they want.Dead 

Janaki! I cant tell you what all stuff I read there CryCry

I like Sonarika's voice. In fact, I love her as Parvathi and think she's the best actress who's ever played her. She's young but she's such a good actress so far! I know she'll keep improving too.

I have fallen for Sona unbelievably . Mouni , well I was NEVER a Mouni fan. Before DKDM i literally used to detest her (apologies) but my notions changed after this show. She did Sati very well after all Day Dreaming But thats it. For people's interest , mythology cannot change Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.FemmeFatale...RamKiJanaki..

NandiniRaizadaa IF-Stunnerz
NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Who is bashing her now? I thought it had stopped
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 9:48am | IP Logged
When a serial shows the same actor playing Vishnu and Rama/Krishna or same actress playing Lakshmi and Sita/Rukmini, it's one thing.  But incarnations rarely look the same.  If there were, say, a Dasha avatar serial, should the same actor play Vamana and Rama?  Parashurama & Krishna?  How would one then show the similarity b/w Matsya & Kurma?  That's the problem I have w/ anybody demanding that Parvati & Sati be played by the same person.  Incidentally, in ASR, in the episode where Sita told KL the story of Sati, they showed the same Parvati actress play Sati, and frankly, it looked ridiculous (that one too is there in my video collection).

When Sonarika was first announced for this role, the first thought that struck me was that she definitely looks the part.  And honestly, I've liked her from her first appearance.  Maybe if she spoke in hushed tones, her delivery might be better.  But I can't wait to see her when she erupts in anger after the beheading of Ganesh.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-SilverFlames--Tulips--Nymphadora-.FemmeFatale.

..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

When a serial shows the same actor playing Vishnu and Rama/Krishna or same actress playing Lakshmi and Sita/Rukmini, it's one thing.  But incarnations rarely look the same.  If there were, say, a Dasha avatar serial, should the same actor play Vamana and Rama?  Parashurama & Krishna?  How would one then show the similarity b/w Matsya & Kurma?  That's the problem I have w/ anybody demanding that Parvati & Sati be played by the same person.  Incidentally, in ASR, in the episode where Sita told KL the story of Sati, they showed the same Parvati actress play Sati, and frankly, it looked ridiculous (that one too is there in my video collection).

When Sonarika was first announced for this role, the first thought that struck me was that she definitely looks the part.  And honestly, I've liked her from her first appearance.  Maybe if she spoke in hushed tones, her delivery might be better.  But I can't wait to see her when she erupts in anger after the beheading of Ganesh.

I don't think we can really compare Vishnu and Rama played by the same actor to Sati and Parvathi, because like someone mentioned once in this forum, though both were incarnations of each other they were born to different parents (whereas Vishnu being the ultimate God form like Shiva did not have parents), so it's possible they looked different. However, we actually never know so I think either works. I wouldn't have had a problem had Mouni played Parvathi, except that I don't think she'd look apt for Parvathi because of the personality differences between both. I like Sonarika and though she does have room for improvement, she's been doing justice to Devi Parvathi's role so far.

As for ASR showing Sati's story, the lady who played Parvathi wasn't a great actress in the first place. She was okay, not that bad, but not that great either, so I can see why she'd look ridiculous in Sati's role, but someone better should have been chosen to play opposite Amit Pachori, who was another really great Shiva besides Mohit Raina.
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shubhika124

Yes, definitely feeling deja vu.WinkWink In fact, some of those bashers are the same. Surprise you at all?

No LOL They are meant to do bashing LOL

You're right. IF is a lot better because mods actually take serious action against bashing, but YT vids and facebook are the worst, because no one prevents it and people are allowed to say what they want.Dead 

Janaki! I cant tell you what all stuff I read there CryCry

I like Sonarika's voice. In fact, I love her as Parvathi and think she's the best actress who's ever played her. She's young but she's such a good actress so far! I know she'll keep improving too.

I have fallen for Sona unbelievably . Mouni , well I was NEVER a Mouni fan. Before DKDM i literally used to detest her (apologies) but my notions changed after this show. She did Sati very well after all Day Dreaming But thats it. For people's interest , mythology cannot change Angry

Just stay away from facebook fan pages yaar, I really can't stand them! Though IF has it's share of controversies, it's so much more peaceful and also more funer.

I was never a great Mouni fan either. Before Dkdm, I last saw her in Pati patni aur woh and thought her kind of stuck-up, but in Dkdm she did good and I've learned to tolerate her more. However, I've also fallen for Sonarika as Parvathi, and this without watching all her episodes.LOL I'm catching up with them now and really love her a lot.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Indiishubhika124

Shivani_Priyam Senior Member
Shivani_Priyam
Shivani_Priyam

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
People are bashing Sonarika? But why? I am so in love with her potrayal...me and my family we just cant get over her. She is and has improved a lot. What are these people looking for?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Indii

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index