Sonarika is doing awesom job in her role n i m loving it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I don't get it. Why can't people give Sonarika a chance before criticizing her?ConfusedConfused If you guys remember, Mouni wasn't that great as Devi Sati in the beginning of Dkdm, but she improved with the episodes so it'd be nice if people stop complaining about Sonarika in every episode and actually give her a chance. For her age she's not that bad, and as far as looks go I think she's far more beautiful than Mouni. I have nothing against Mouni and she was good as Sati, but I like Sonarika as Devi Parvathi more and think the hate against her is undeserved.

The real problem was people wanting Mouni to get Parvati's role.  While people can have their individual preferences as far as the choice of actors go, what annoyed me was the demand that people twisting mythological facts to claim that Parvati was Sati and therefore the same actress should get her role.  There were major character differences b/w them - Sati was easily a lot more emotional, whereas Parvati was very gentle.  I've seen a couple or so opine that the roles of Mouni and Sonarika should have been switched, but I agree w/ how they were assigned.

There is however one criticism of Sonarika that people make that I somewhat agree w/ - her voice.  Nothing against it, but it sounds too shrill (sorta like Mary Lou Retton) to be a Parvati's.  I do wish the PH did something about that, b'cos whenever she breaks her silence, her voice is some sort of a let down to an otherwise serious statement.

But other than that, she's done a great job depicting Mata Parvati.  Some things are the fault of directors - like during the time following Kama's incineration where Parvati seemed to be competing w/ Nandi for the weeping awards, and I for one never hold it against an actor.  Some actors may be sublime, but if they have a weak direction under them, their brilliance doesn't show - like in the case of Vishal playing Krishna.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi-SilverFlames-.FemmeFatale.-Tulips-sukhi.....RamKiJanaki..

foram. IF-Stunnerz
foram.
foram.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Guys just enjoy the story. And gather knowlegde from it.i just like each and every actor in dkdm.specially mohitEmbarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.vanadhisukhi...-Tulips-..RamKiJanaki..

whatthewhat IF-Dazzler
whatthewhat
whatthewhat

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Jeeez! Not again! 

I think it's maha-amusing that this is flaring up just as the Mahadev-Parvati milan is about to happen. That *cannot* be a coincidence...LOL  I wish people would stop mixing up actresses with the characters they portray. It's so weird! 

@Shruti: the wikipedia entry being edited is just ROFL I mean how crazy does someone have to be?! Confused

Mouni never made a big impression on me. She was fine as Sati. Even if she had been staggeringly and mind-blowingly brilliant, Sati's role has ended. end of story.

Most of us have moved on ages ago!

Edited by narangi_77 - 20 July 2012 at 8:01am

vanadhi-SilverFlames-.FemmeFatale.shubhika124-Tulips-..RamKiJanaki..

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi_77

Jeeez! Not again! 

I think it's maha-amusing that this is flaring up just as the Mahadev-Parvati milan is about to happen. That *cannot* be a coincidence...LOL  I wish people would stop mixing up actresses with the characters they portray. It's so weird! 

@Shruti: the wikipedia entry being edited is just ROFL I mean how crazy does someone have to be?! Confused

Mouni never made a big impression on me. She was fine as Sati. Even if she had been staggeringly and mind-blowingly brilliant, Sati's role has ended. end of story.

Most of us have moved on ages ago!

Why do we have similar views all the time? Big smilerememba teh rangmanch article ages ago? Tongue 

I  knw rite?People still continue mixing characters with actresses Dead

Mouni-i somewhat agree with you.She was fine as Sati.I have seen better mytho performances by others,maybe thats why i wasnt totally 'awestruck' as such.But still,i appreciate her work in DKDM. Smile Also,as u said,its a done deal.Whats the point in cribbing bout it now i dont understand Ermm Instead of that,simply zip you mouth and enjoy the show Wink

And so true..i thot we have finally moved on from that phase..but looks like many havent Tongue

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

whatthewhatvanadhi-Tulips-..RamKiJanaki..

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Oh, dear, Shruti, there are edit wars going on in Wiki over this?   You've gotta be kidding! ROFLWacko

Samana, YT is a big battleground.  I have an account called Vrishasena, in which interesting clips from the AS Ramayan are there.  The most popular one is Rama killing Ravan.  Go to that page, and just click on all comments.  You'll see a 'who was greater - Rama or Ravan' battle start, and morph into a 'who was greater - Shiva or Vishnu'?  I tried making the point that there were 2 Shiva-Vishnu confrontations - one by Veerbhadra on Sati's demise, and the latter over Banasura, and the score was 1 all.  People then started disbelieving what I said about Veerbhadra. Confused

Generally, whenever there are abusive comments on the deities, I delete them, but this was a funny argument going on b/w bhakts on either side.  Well, whatever floats their boats...

vanadhi-SilverFlames-.FemmeFatale.-Tulips-sukhi.....RamKiJanaki..

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by shruti.nil

i think people in general were attracted to the Sati-Mahadev story beacuse of the "tragedy" element in it...it was the run of the mill love story factor that attracted viewers to the show!

Exactly! Some people do not necessarily like mytho stories because they term them "boring". They dont' have that tragic element which is so popular in shows today, so Sati-Mahadev's story was immediately attractive to them, whereas Parvathi-Mahadev story is quite like other puranic stories. Those who truly have respect for God and are genuinely interested in his leelas love all his stories, and as you said Parvathi offers Mahadev that happy ending he missed (or a new beginning as you said). However, people do not know mythology beyond what they see on TV cannot accept that Parvathi and Sati are the same, because for them the actresses are different so characters must also be different, whereas we know that Sati's tragic ending was destined by fate and no one, not even Mahadev, could prevent it.

Like you said, I also hope the real Mahadev gives them buddhi.LOL

Agree to the T! Thats sums it all up.People who have been watching mythos bfore,aren't complaining at all.(maybe bout CV's drifting their way Tongue but not bout sona/mouni thingy)
All the negativity is with the stereotypic people who think mythos are "boring" -_- People who are genuinely interested wouldn't necessarily have a problem (exceptions are there!But exceptions cannot be examples you see Embarrassed)

.Vrish.vanadhi-SilverFlames-sukhi...-Tulips-..RamKiJanaki..

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 8:40am | IP Logged
I always thought dat it will take time 4 ppl 2 accept sonarika.Most of da ppl hv accepted her but dere's dat 1% who still feel dat mouni shd hv played da role of parvati only bcoz dey luved mohit-mouni pair.
@Janaki,it seems u hv not read Rangmunch article on Sonarika some time bak.Dat was full Sonarika bashing article.Da writer dere compared sonarika wod mouni and bashed her like anything.Some issues happened in dis forum bcoz of dat article.But recently dere was an article on anoder rival site abt Sonarika which was full of praises and appreciation.People r accepting her.Those who can't,well,it's deir problem,not ours.LOL    

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.sukhi.....RamKiJanaki..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index