Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: shruti.nil

i think people in general were attracted to the Sati-Mahadev story beacuse of the "tragedy" element in it...it was the run of the mill love story factor that attracted viewers to the show!

and as you said people refer to it as the "Sati Mahadev" love story being superior to the "Parvati Mahadev" love story which is rubbish because at the end of the day they are the same story-Sati began it and Parvati gave it its ending,or as we can say beginning for eternity!
somewhere down the line people have forgotten thats its a mythological,its not a run of the mill daily soap-it runs on a story rather than a couple...Satis end was pre decided...it had to happen!i swear i never thought DKDM would see such a day when people would start saying such stuff about characters who are God!-seriously?
but forget those people-they are in minority now...most of the viewers are slowly slowly comming to accept Sonarika and Mohit -Sona as Mahadev and Parvati
i hope MahadevJi(the real one) gives them some buddhi!!πŸ˜†

Exactly! Some people do not necessarily like mytho stories because they term them "boring". They dont' have that tragic element which is so popular in shows today, so Sati-Mahadev's story was immediately attractive to them, whereas Parvathi-Mahadev story is quite like other puranic stories. Those who truly have respect for God and are genuinely interested in his leelas love all his stories, and as you said Parvathi offers Mahadev that happy ending he missed (or a new beginning as you said). However, people do not know mythology beyond what they see on TV cannot accept that Parvathi and Sati are the same, because for them the actresses are different so characters must also be different, whereas we know that Sati's tragic ending was destined by fate and no one, not even Mahadev, could prevent it.

Like you said, I also hope the real Mahadev gives them buddhi.πŸ˜†
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: GERTRUDIS

I honestly don't even miss Sati at all now because it is all Sona and Mohit for me now.
Infact even in the last epi where she had just a scene or two she was badly missed just like one would miss Mohit if he is not shown in a few epi's.
I never liked Mouni so much to be honest initially coz when I saw her look I felt she was a complete misfit and it took sometime for me to actually like. But id did like her eventually.
Sona on the contrary is beautiful. Her look registers with u completely. I even like her voice now. I think she is doing a fine job.

I agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of Mouni either. She did do well in the last few scenes of Sati but in general I did not like her haughty demeanor, as I associate Devi Sati with softness and gentleness as well. she and Parvathi are no different to me, so she should be been portrayed like Parvathi too.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: shubhika124

Criticism of an actress even before she appeared , deja vu Janaki? πŸ˜³

Filthy bashers are everywhere πŸ˜‘ IF is still fine , read the comments on YT , just because their fave actress is not playing Parvati too , Sona is being cursed & abused. How detestable πŸ˜‘
For me nobody could have done a better role 😍

I have seen people finding fault with her voice too. πŸ€’ For me its her teeny voice that makes her even more attractive. She is just 20. What do people expect from her? 

She is 1000 times better for her age. πŸ˜³

Yes, definitely feeling deja vu.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ In fact, some of those bashers are the same. Surprise you at all?

You're right. IF is a lot better because mods actually take serious action against bashing, but YT vids and facebook are the worst, because no one prevents it and people are allowed to say what they want.🀒 

I like Sonarika's voice. In fact, I love her as Parvathi and think she's the best actress who's ever played her. She's young but she's such a good actress so far! I know she'll keep improving too.
Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yeah, YT is very harsh! I was watching a Dkdm vid posted by life ok once. While waiting for all of it to get buffered at once, I read the comments. God! Its like cats and dogs there. IF is way better!

And I like Mouni and Sona both! They are perfect for their resp roles. I don't know why ppl keep on saying that there's a prob wid her voice. Actually she has improved a lot. It was shrieky sorta in TDSM. But I find it cute and soft rite now!
Arnav90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Sonarika is doing awesom job in her role n i m loving it
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

I don't get it. Why can't people give Sonarika a chance before criticizing her?πŸ˜•πŸ˜• If you guys remember, Mouni wasn't that great as Devi Sati in the beginning of Dkdm, but she improved with the episodes so it'd be nice if people stop complaining about Sonarika in every episode and actually give her a chance. For her age she's not that bad, and as far as looks go I think she's far more beautiful than Mouni. I have nothing against Mouni and she was good as Sati, but I like Sonarika as Devi Parvathi more and think the hate against her is undeserved.

The real problem was people wanting Mouni to get Parvati's role.  While people can have their individual preferences as far as the choice of actors go, what annoyed me was the demand that people twisting mythological facts to claim that Parvati was Sati and therefore the same actress should get her role.  There were major character differences b/w them - Sati was easily a lot more emotional, whereas Parvati was very gentle.  I've seen a couple or so opine that the roles of Mouni and Sonarika should have been switched, but I agree w/ how they were assigned.

There is however one criticism of Sonarika that people make that I somewhat agree w/ - her voice.  Nothing against it, but it sounds too shrill (sorta like Mary Lou Retton) to be a Parvati's.  I do wish the PH did something about that, b'cos whenever she breaks her silence, her voice is some sort of a let down to an otherwise serious statement.

But other than that, she's done a great job depicting Mata Parvati.  Some things are the fault of directors - like during the time following Kama's incineration where Parvati seemed to be competing w/ Nandi for the weeping awards, and I for one never hold it against an actor.  Some actors may be sublime, but if they have a weak direction under them, their brilliance doesn't show - like in the case of Vishal playing Krishna.
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Guys just enjoy the story. And gather knowlegde from it.i just like each and every actor in dkdm.specially mohit😳
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Jeeez! Not again! 

I think it's maha-amusing that this is flaring up just as the Mahadev-Parvati milan is about to happen. That *cannot* be a coincidence...πŸ˜†  I wish people would stop mixing up actresses with the characters they portray. It's so weird! 

@Shruti: the wikipedia entry being edited is just πŸ€£ I mean how crazy does someone have to be?! πŸ˜•

Mouni never made a big impression on me. She was fine as Sati. Even if she had been staggeringly and mind-blowingly brilliant, Sati's role has ended. end of story.

Most of us have moved on ages ago!
Edited by narangi_77 - 11 years ago
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: narangi_77

Jeeez! Not again! 

I think it's maha-amusing that this is flaring up just as the Mahadev-Parvati milan is about to happen. That *cannot* be a coincidence...πŸ˜†  I wish people would stop mixing up actresses with the characters they portray. It's so weird! 

@Shruti: the wikipedia entry being edited is just πŸ€£ I mean how crazy does someone have to be?! πŸ˜•

Mouni never made a big impression on me. She was fine as Sati. Even if she had been staggeringly and mind-blowingly brilliant, Sati's role has ended. end of story.

Most of us have moved on ages ago!

Why do we have similar views all the time? πŸ˜ƒrememba teh rangmanch article ages ago? πŸ˜› 

I  knw rite?People still continue mixing characters with actresses πŸ€’

Mouni-i somewhat agree with you.She was fine as Sati.I have seen better mytho performances by others,maybe thats why i wasnt totally 'awestruck' as such.But still,i appreciate her work in DKDM. 😊 Also,as u said,its a done deal.Whats the point in cribbing bout it now i dont understand πŸ€” Instead of that,simply zip you mouth and enjoy the show πŸ˜‰

And so true..i thot we have finally moved on from that phase..but looks like many havent πŸ˜›
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh, dear, Shruti, there are edit wars going on in Wiki over this?   You've gotta be kidding! 🀣

Samana, YT is a big battleground.  I have an account called Vrishasena, in which interesting clips from the AS Ramayan are there.  The most popular one is Rama killing Ravan.  Go to that page, and just click on all comments.  You'll see a 'who was greater - Rama or Ravan' battle start, and morph into a 'who was greater - Shiva or Vishnu'?  I tried making the point that there were 2 Shiva-Vishnu confrontations - one by Veerbhadra on Sati's demise, and the latter over Banasura, and the score was 1 all.  People then started disbelieving what I said about Veerbhadra. πŸ˜•

Generally, whenever there are abusive comments on the deities, I delete them, but this was a funny argument going on b/w bhakts on either side.  Well, whatever floats their boats...