Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

ArHi:The Noob and the thoughtful:(AWOL till 8-Sep) (Page 12)

seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
You managed to imbue the story with heart right away.Now it's just a matter of watching them clash their way towards each other, which means I can just sit back and enjoy the ride. :-)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-JaponicaKrishnaluv94

-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:10am | IP Logged

Chapter 5:

He smiled at himself at the thought of his latest writing stint and the way he made peace with a virtual stranger. Strangely that lifted his spirits. He smiled at the way he had been unnecessarily picking on people who took time to read his words. QuiteThoughtful's story carried a familiar vibe. He had no intention of returning to it but her latest chapter had drowned him in.  

"Did you sleep with a girl last night?"

Mouthful of tea made way into his windpipe and he began coughing uncontrollably. His brother-in-law gave him a look of sympathy but he knew that it was totally a fake one. Shyam was plain happy that Saturday morning entertainment had just begun.

"Di!" Arnav exclaimed scandalized at his sister's brazen accusation.

"Anjali!" Shyam chimed in giggling at Arnav like a school girl.

"Grow up will you," Arnav hissed at Shyam. Shyam simply shrugged and continued to smile.

"I went to a movie and it got late so I crashed at a friend's place. That's all there is to it," he literally barked and picked up veil of his sister's sari and wiped his hands, mouth and throat.

"Arnav," Anjali said gently. Shyam sobered at her tone. Arnav's hands stilled and he looked at his sister.

"It's okay if it was a guy. Really," Anjali said seriously. Arnav's eyes widened comically at that. He spluttered in aghast but couldn't formulate a coherence response.

"Anjali, why don't you change your sari? I love to see you in that purple sari you recently purchased. Be a sugar and change will you? If you hurry now we should be able to make it to the gallery just in time," Shyam pushed his wife out of Arnav's way.

"But...I...Arnav..." Anjali tried hanging on to the one sided conversation but only to get pushed into the bedroom. She smiled wanly at her caring husband and closed the room behind her.

"She has been worried a lot about you lately," Shyam said wiping the spilled tea on table. There was only warmth and worry in his voice.   "Seeing you relaxed and happy in the morning made her take that leap," he said not looking at Arnav.

"I slept on Khushi's couch," Arnav said staring at an old stain on the dining table. Shyam turned sharply and looked at the younger man.

"Khushi?" Shyam asked surprised at hearing the girl's name. Arnav nodded.

"I thought the two of you weren't on good terms."

"We weren't. We aren't." Arnav replied running hand in his hair. "Oh, I don't know!" He said exasperated at the conflicting feelings running haywire in his system.

Shyam looked at Arnav whose mind was a battle ground for contradictions. And he knew Arnav enough to know that Arnav hated that feeling of dichotomy.

"What is it then?" Shyam asked.

"We were like two superheroes hanging their cowls and removing their mask for few hours of companionship; meeting under no pretense and spending few hours unmasked of our true identities."

To be continued.

Edited by -Sookie- - 25 July 2012 at 10:17am

The following 46 member(s) liked the above post:

mavrick94fluffyktautruth1-1anu.happy4ever-PoisonIvydair10arshiPinkParibarunxoxobhakbhartifannikipukichristmasBoogle.Schizsnehashetty34jazzpreetwinchfireChocoDamonvidya.sanjayShweta1691latekateOnlookerbarunlovecrazyaddictionHappy-go-luckysegadfarha5556khahaniN0306Japonicamarch2011MISTIEcaskerPrasanthiboyznakaserialwatcher16S.StephyKrishnaluv94basicquestion1soni4eva207shikharefloratedvrindaguptafrenzyyKalyaaniSillyPepperNewbiesoapfanspvd

Happy-go-lucky Goldie
Happy-go-lucky
Happy-go-lucky

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Yeah, me 1st, me 1st (again)  *does a happy dance*Dancing (No, trust me, this time, I wasn't stalking your thread, I was just checking on IPKKND Forum, when I saw that  you've updated, so don't be alertedLOL.)... Well, needless to say, I loved the update Smile        Liked the way Anjali noticed her brother's relaxed attitude.  And Shaym's so understanding too...  Waiting EAGERLY for next updateLOL (This is sort of my tagline for your story, I guess) 

Edited by Happy-go-lucky - 25 July 2012 at 10:25am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

latekateJaponica-Sookie-Krishnaluv94

Shweta1691 Goldie
Shweta1691
Shweta1691

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
The way he described his evening with khushi in a sentence was so apt...

Loved it

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

latekate-Sookie-

jazzpreet Senior Member
jazzpreet
jazzpreet

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
loved his description of his time spent with khushi. bahahha anjali: "it's ok if it's a guy" lmao 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

latekate-Sookie-

-PoisonIvy Groupbie
-PoisonIvy
-PoisonIvy

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Whoa! Okay.. So let me start off by saying you, my friend are brilliant for coming up with something like this! :) I start reading my first FF as an IF member and I get two free with it!? :D I like ! :D

Your title caught my attention cause it was so unique! You really have a task at hand and I can't wait to see how you go about it! Your characters already have me intrigued and so have their FFs!

You can count on me to be a dedicated reader ;) Though I am not averse to stalking all three fics, PMs would definitely make it easier for me to follow them! :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

latekateJaponica-Sookie-Krishnaluv94basicquestion1

207shikha IF-Rockerz
207shikha
207shikha

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 11:38am | IP Logged
voila.! it was great..! you know the simplicity of your writing took my breathe away,! you indeed are a rising star..! just continue your good work.! will be looking forward to read further..Smile

Edited by 207shikha - 25 July 2012 at 11:37am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

basicquestion1 IF-Rockerz
basicquestion1
basicquestion1

Posted: 25 July 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-

Go to top