Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aris22l thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: ShaunSA

Thats all. If you want to try it. Make it half a cup of oats. Have a breakfast bar at 10. But get a low calorie one! Lunch must be a normal meal that you enjoy. But don't go overboard. Greek yoghurt in the afternoon. Supper does not have to be egg milk but try a low calorie cuppa soup. Woolworths ones are the bomb and they are cheap. Combine that with taking the stairs etc and watch the weight fall off. Try it for a week or two. Include about ten minutes of brisk walking and you won't need to do anything else.

That sounds good, Shaun.  The key is eating small portions.  I don't eat out too much, but I don't starve myself either.  I indulge in things here and there, but don't go overboard.  Most of the food I eat, I cook it, so I know what's in it.  Once your body gets adjusted to your eating habits, it becomes easy and you don't crave for junk food any more.
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: aris22l

Trust me, Xari.  People think Shaun is always sarcastic.  They will be out to protect you and there will be wanted posters with Shaun's siggy on them.

But Shaun always speaks his mind.  All I know is I am in need of a man.๐Ÿ˜† And Christine will know that I say the stupidest of things when I don't concentrate.โ˜บ๏ธ
Xarina thumbnail
Originally posted by: westindian

WHAT? Xar you're gonna be advertising for a man on Shaun's siggy?๐Ÿคฃ

That would be so funny.  I may advertise next Shaun...wanted rich, handsome, amazing man, with no baggage...๐Ÿ˜†

Hi five, girlfriend๐Ÿ˜†. 
westindian thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Now suddenly I'm getting dreams of my perfect man...thank goodness the boyfriend can't read my mind.๐Ÿ˜†
ShaunSA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You don't have woolies? Wow! Johan follows something similar and it has helped loads with his diabetes. The trick is to count the calories in What you eat. Stick to stuff you can measure for all meals but the one you allow yourself to be a normal meal. And tailor it to your needs. My roti and curry can be your grilled fish and salad. Always make sure you plan your meals ahead. Less room to make poor food choices. Weekends you eat fairly normally. So it doesnt actually feel like you are on diet. Cos you are not. You just make sensible food choices.
aris22l thumbnail
Originally posted by: Xarina

As long as it keeps the doctor and the diabetes at bay I'll try anything.  They still have woolworths in SA? UK ones closed years ago.  Let you know in two weeks.

Give it a try, Xarina.  It does work.  Even if you overeat once in a while, do more exercise next day and continue with your diet.  I have been doing this for some time and it has worked.  I watch what I eat and get to splurge on fatty things too once in a while.
aris22l thumbnail
Originally posted by: westindian

Now suddenly I'm getting dreams of my perfect man...thank goodness the boyfriend can't read my mind.๐Ÿ˜†

Christine, there's no such thing as a perfect man๐Ÿ˜†.
westindian thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Wow Ashwin you can be our resident fitness and nutrition expert.

I've been exercising on the elliptical for 30-40 mins a day and it's really helping. Still need to loose about 5 more pounds and firm up.

Definitely smaller portion help.
Xarina thumbnail
Originally posted by: ShaunSA

You don't have woolies? Wow! Johan follows something similar and it has helped loads with his diabetes. The trick is to count the calories in What you eat. Stick to stuff you can measure for all meals but the one you allow yourself to be a normal meal. And tailor it to your needs. My roti and curry can be your grilled fish and salad. Always make sure you plan your meals ahead. Less room to make poor food choices. Weekends you eat fairly normally. So it doesnt actually feel like you are on diet. Cos you are not. You just make sensible food choices.

Thanks for the advice.  We are talking about woolies the department store aren't we?๐Ÿ˜• Otherwise I have gone off on a completely different tangent.
ShaunSA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh Yeah. That's the nice thing. Every two weeks or so go wild. Eat Whatever you want. It tricks your body into thinking the good times are back. And you will continue to lose weight. If you stick to your planned diet for too long your body will adjust and your weight loss will stop. So you have to fool it around every 2 weeks or so. You will feel when the time is right.