Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Bade papa not shiv's dad -proof today (Page 3)

mahi12 IF-Dazzler
mahi12
mahi12

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kabakaba4

Originally posted by tinoo

Okay, so we learn for the first time that bade papa's real name is "Gajendra singh"...

and not GAJENDRA SHEKHAR!!! ROFL

so I think it definitely proves that he is not shiv's dad ...

Tinoo, my friend, I've got a few questions for you, if I may? Wink

1. When I was watching that old epi where BP said he went to see his son, in our lingo, it was translated just ABROAD, not USA as some people keep repeating.
Do YOU remember WHERE BP went?

2. As far as I remember, Shiv's father was never mentioned, just his Mum, and they seem very close. Was father mentioned at all? I imagine her being divorcee, bringing him up on her own.

3. In some countries, divorced mothers give their children their own surname, not fathers, cos they do not want anything to do with father anymore. Is that the practice in India, I do not know, but just thinking about Shiv's surname.Smile

THANKS in advance Smile

bold red you are not asking from me but still i thought of answering  BP went to meet his son in USA if my memory is working fine so we are not repeating uselessly if i am wrong i'll be more than happy if someone corrects me and find that episode LOL

tinoo IF-Rockerz
tinoo
tinoo

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:55am | IP Logged

Tinoo, my friend, I've got a few questions for you, if I may? Wink

1. When I was watching that old epi where BP said he went to see his son, in our lingo, it was translated just ABROAD, not USA as some people keep repeating.
Do YOU remember WHERE BP went?

Initially, when gauri first found out about jagat's truth, and she was crying, crying, crying in her room, and not coming out, her parents had said that they wished bade papa was there because he would have been able to talk with her... but unfortunately, he had gone ABROAD.  At that time, it was not mentioned which country.   But there was another scene where he is talking to a bookseller in a bookstore more recently (where gauri saw him, and tried to escape so that jagat would not see bade papa)... and the bookseller said he had not seen him for a long time ... and that time, bade papa said "yes i was in AMERICA for a very long time visiting my son"... so we know he went to USA as per his own words.  (We know shiv got his MBA from London, so bade papa definitely did not go to visit shiv ... unless the cv's conveniently forget this as a blooper if they decide to introduce him to as shiv's dad LOL)

2. As far as I remember, Shiv's father was never mentioned, just his Mum, and they seem very close. Was father mentioned at all? I imagine her being divorcee, bringing him up on her own.

The lady at the temple who said that shiv's mother had chosen her daughter to marry shiv (which incited dadisa to get all upset and propose to shiv after coming back from the temple) mentioned shiv's 'parents' and also said that his father was happy with her daughter too.   That is the only inkling we have that there is a dad in the background. Otherwise we have only heard of his mom repeatedly ... he was distributing clothes to the poor on his mom's birthday, he speaks to only his mom on his birthday, bhim singh only mentioned his mom... hard to say if dad is not there, or if dad is alive and left out by omission.

3. In some countries, divorced mothers give their children their own surname, not fathers, cos they do not want anything to do with father anymore. Is that the practice in India, I do not know, but just thinking about Shiv's surname.Smile

THANKS in advance Smile

I dont know if this is the practice in India... I think children retain their father's name even after divorce because birth certificates, school admissions all require father's name... even if the mother wants nothing to do with the father... the school system and government job system in india is still highly patriarchal and does not allow for the name of any parent on its forms... so for shiv to complete his schooling and to get a government job, it can be safely assumed that he had to use his father's name (whether mom was divorcee or not)...

I also think the way they have portrayed bade papa,  he seems very old-school and having strong sense of family loyalties, so I doubt he would get divorced from his wife ... he might stay in an emotionally distant or unhappy marriage rather than walk out on a wife and children.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ghoshmedhakabakaba4

prerna4rishav IF-Stunnerz
prerna4rishav
prerna4rishav

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 4:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cosmogirl77

Hmmm... Hope it is true... Wink
I don't want to find out later he changed his name based on some numerology or letterology or someology... LOL

LOLLOL
kabakaba4 Goldie
kabakaba4
kabakaba4

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 5:09am | IP Logged

THANKS tinoo for taking your time!Hug
atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tinoo

THANKS in advance Smile

I dont know if this is the practice in India... I think children retain their father's name even after divorce because birth certificates, school admissions all require father's name... even if the mother wants nothing to do with the father... the school system and government job system in india is still highly patriarchal and does not allow for the name of any parent on its forms... so for shiv to complete his schooling and to get a government job, it can be safely assumed that he had to use his father's name (whether mom was divorcee or not)...

I also think the way they have portrayed bade papa,  he seems very old-school and having strong sense of family loyalties, so I doubt he would get divorced from his wife ... he might stay in an emotionally distant or unhappy marriage rather than walk out on a wife and children.  

Commonly children retain their father's name, however, I know of at least one case where my aunt, several decades ago, changed my cousins surname to hers rather than his fathers, he went through schooling etc without problem. Of course occasionally a form would come back ''corrected'' because of the officials patriarchal attitude, but it can be done. So that is not a good argument for Shiv not being BP's son. I do agree though that bade papa's mindset so far would be contrary to his having a failed marriage. I do hope BP is not linked to Shiv, it would be too tangled. Maybe Shiv's father can be a quiet, unassuming person and Shiv's mother the driving force in his life, that would explain why Shiv's father has not been mentioned much.Tongue
-x-divine-x- Senior Member
-x-divine-x-
-x-divine-x-

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
how did people come to the thought of Bade papa being shivs dad?

Go to top