Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QuiteThoughtful thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Numbers are fascinating and I totally stole the idea :=) So thanks!

I am hoping these random moments will come together one day and everything will start making sense again. It's fascinating how they each look at things in contrasting ways yet for strangeness of it all, it actually makes sense.

I am no fan of finding pattern but there are certain moments when whimsical discoveries of these underlying coincidences with patterns make absolute sense.

Take CN and QT for example :=)

QT

PS: Flashpoint broke my heart. DC is trying to loot us with this BS.😭
Edited by QuiteThoughtful - 11 years ago
CynicalNoob thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Chapter 6B

"Who is the girl you were having lunch with yesterday?" He heard Lavanya ask from corner of this room.

"Is there anything you need Lavanya? If there isn't, please go," he replied ignoring her question. Lavanya tightened her grip on cellphone.

"This is your new assignment," Lavanya slammed a file on his table. "Don't f**k up," she added in a tone intended to intimidate him. He picked up the file ignoring her warning.

"Aman is the client?" Arnav asked Lavanya's retreating back.

"They have been our longest clients Arnav. I thought you knew?"

"They are?" Arnav was surprised. Lavanya nodded distractedly.

"You introduced me to Aman as your friend when we were dating. Did you forget?" She asked browsing through her emails on blackberry.

"What does he want?" Arnav asked. Lavanya looked up from her phone and glanced at his chair. "We can discuss this now if you wish to," Arnav said gently, noting displeasure in her features. Their on and off relationship over the years had only given them immense mood swings whenever they were in same room.

"Aman wants to have an expo of sorts where young economists, students pursuing their masters in finance or even bachelors can attend - learn and present basically. He wants to expand trading sector of his company," Lavanya said sitting opposite to him.

"I thought he had enough resources to do this on his own. Why would he need us for this?"

"I don't ask that question to our customers Arnav. It's bad for business," she grinned. He chuckled at that. "He wants to meet you and discuss it personally." Lavanya added. Arnav looked up from the file and stared blankly. "Yes, it's weird. Their PR department handled visits and payment and he never really got involved directly. This time he wants to." She said standing up.

"Do you know anything?" He asked her hoping to be equipped before he met Aman.

"Nothing Arnav. When I asked our contact, he said that this was something Aman was personally driving and he would talk only to you. Since you guys know each other very well I didn't bother to dig deeper," she said. "Aman is expecting you in fifteen minutes. Don't be late." She said and walked out of his office without waiting for a response. He pressed his temple with both his palms and wished the mild headache to go away.

"Arnav?" Lavanya called him. He looked up and saw her standing by the door.  "When you are there, say hello to Asha for me, okay?" Lavanya smiled and closed the door leaving him alone with the files.

His small headache blew to a fully-fledged migraine at the prospect of meeting Asha.

"What are you doing here?" Khushi asked looking up from stack of files. Arnav was standing at her cubicle's entrance.

"I just finished a meeting with Aman given how this company - your company is our client." He said.

"Which means I am your God," she said leaning back on the chair. He smiled weakly at that and groaned. "Is everything okay?" She asked him noticing his discomfort.

"Migraine," he sighed collapsing on the extra chair in her cubicle. "And I am anti medication," he said leaning forward banging his head on table rhythmically.

"Masochistic much?" She commented at his state.

"I don't like being dependent on anything or anyone. They never end well," he said closing his eyes. "And meeting Asha only made it worse," he grumbled resting his head on his arms. She didn't know why meeting Aman's sister - his half-sister worsened his headache.

She had realized quite late that, on the night when Arnav had spoken about his family, he had kept Asha completely out of it; he hadn't even mentioned her name during narration. Only when she heard few women talking about their CEO's sister's presence in office that day, she had it deduced.  

Arnav closed his eyes giving into intense headache and slowly relaxed his facial muscles.

"Let's go home," he said not opening his eyes. He said it as if it was the most natural thing to do and also the most frequent when in reality it was neither. She looked at his face ' the slight arch of his eyebrows, tensed cheeks and eyes heavy with memories.

He looked vulnerable in this state but the grip on her palm was strong. It was this involuntary hand holding action which had rendered her speechless. She squeezed his palm gently and retracted.

"Give me twenty minutes," she said straightening her back and getting back to work. He hummed in response.

She didn't find the strength in her to tell him that she didn't live in his building anymore.

"I wonder what made her come back to India after all these years of being away. It took me months to move on but I finally could get away from clutches of confusion and a faint notion of...love, I think. I am not sure if my emotions were as strong as love but there was something...tangible," he said, his voice hoarse. Khushi's hands stilled at his revelation.  "I used to get severe migraines whenever... my heart hurt. Have you ever heard of this kind of dichotomy?"

"Are you talking about Asha?" She asked, tremble in her voice. The implication of his words were huge - no, ginormous.

Arnav, however seemed to have dropped into some sort of limbo where his reality concave-d and spit out another variant of himself.

"Did you know that she is Aman's mother's friend's daughter? Pretty long winded isn't it?"

"Are you convincing yourself that she isn't your sister?" Khushi asked with a heavy voice.

"She just came to live with them Khushi because her parents died in an accident. She isn't Aman's sister. She isn't my father's daughter. Hell, she isn't even a blood relative of mine. But why does the prospect of me loving her sound so...wrong?" He had opened his eyes and was looking straight into hers.

"You never told her how you feel about her, did you?" Khushi asked, already knowing the answer.

"I couldn't. How could I? My father and my step mother treated her like his own daughter. Aman treated her like his own sister. She isn't even legally adopted for f**ks sake. And I was just confused; was she my sister merely by association or just a girl who lived with my step family after loss of her own family? It was truly f**ked up." He still held her gaze and showed a part of himself which he had never shown to anyone before.

"And your heart hurts now after seeing her," Khushi finished for him.

"Wait. What?" He shot up and straightened his back, all traces of dopiness gone from his face. "How did you arrive at that conclusion?" She looked at him for one full moment.

"You just said that you get migraine when you have heartache," she rallied.

"I said I 'used' to get. And that was when I was a teen. Past tense. Eons ago." He replied little peeved at her implication.

"Then why do you have migraine now?"

"Because I played 'Assassins Creed' video game till four AM this morning." He said as if he was explaining to a three year old.

"Oh."

"Yes."

"I thought..." She trailed.

"I know. But I am not. Really, I am not."

"Glad to hear that."

"Why?" He asked his interest spiking.

"None of your business," she said primly stuffing all her things in her bag. "Let's go home," she said before he could continue his questioning. He swallowed a smile at her discomfort and followed her out.

To be continued.
Edited by CynicalNoob - 11 years ago
samarablog thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
They have developed a real good friendship.. Arnav's behavior is quite difficult to understand tho..
the friends talk was something we all can relate to!

seoulbeats thumbnail
Secrets come rolling in and as he put, all of this is truly f**ked up...
catalyst thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
okay the revealation left me shocked...so khusi doesnt stay in the same building as arnav...interesting much!

past is bringing out tons of untold emotions Arnav seriously need to work . 

so Asha is the third angle in the story?

ahhh their friendship is somehow complicated...sharing your stuff with a stranger and letting the stranger be a better judge of your actions somehow leaves us at peace thatz what arnav did in the second last update...but its quite uncertain...strongheaded characters - i wonder what more have you planned for the duo in the next update and what direction their life is gonna head to!
lakraj80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey I am really really enjoying it! Arnav is a confused soul as usual!!! Thnks for the pm and eagerly waiting for more updates. Thanks.
CynicalNoob thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: icegurl789

okay the revealation left me shocked...so khusi doesnt stay in the same building as arnav...interesting much!

past is bringing out tons of untold emotions Arnav seriously need to work . 

so Asha is the third angle in the story?

ahhh their friendship is somehow complicated...sharing your stuff with a stranger and letting the stranger be a better judge of your actions somehow leaves us at peace thatz what arnav did in the second last update...but its quite uncertain...strongheaded characters - i wonder what more have you planned for the duo in the next update and what direction their life is gonna head to!

I skipped the part where she finds herself a place and moves out of Payal. Would cover it as a part of their conversation in later chapter.

I think I should write a bit more of Khushi next. Arnav's complexity arises out of messed up childhood and confusion he bathed in during his teens. That needs to be rationalized and dealt with. He has no idea why he is spitting out everything to Khushi though.

-afsha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I love their relation
Arnav comes n confesse anythg to her like she is his diary
I love this part of their relation the most
catalyst thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: CynicalNoob

I skipped the part where she finds herself a place and moves out of Payal. Would cover it as a part of their conversation in later chapter.

I think I should write a bit more of Khushi next. Arnav's complexity arises out of messed up childhood and confusion he bathed in during his teens. That needs to be rationalized and dealt with. He has no idea why he is spitting out everything to Khushi though.

well,i would like you to continue with your version of story since you are a writer and better know know your characters...but probably i m getting all so-hyped and impatient for what the next plot is gonna be...till then silencing the impatient part of me...i m all geared up for you to bring in the greyest of past n i m so damm hooked to your story!:)

ps i need to stop jumping to extremely vulnerable conclusions.
Happy-go-lucky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Arnav and Khushi do share a very good rapport... and Arnav's one hell of a confusing soul... And he gets a migraine when he suffers heart-ache? That's quite some condition... lol ( ok, I know it's bad manners to laugh at people's inabilities, I apologise...)   :-)Edited by Happy-go-lucky - 11 years ago