Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

ArHi FF! Freeloop Chapter 9A, Page 40, 09/Sep (Page 15)

-Dee- IF-Dazzler
-Dee-
-Dee-

Posted: 27 July 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
It is one of those moments when you realise it's not a great or a you-know glorifying actions which you should not boast about as much as you do. Happens with many a times.

Khushi is clearly inexperienced - a noob (??).. Haha! How I love that word.

Edited by -Dee- - 27 July 2012 at 10:37am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CynicalNoobseoulbeatslatekateJaponicaKrishnaluv94cineraria

anu.happy4ever Groupbie
anu.happy4ever
anu.happy4ever

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Was that girl shining too? His eyes hurt as if they were exposed to bright lights or direct sunshine. He never really liked the light.

LOL it looks like this is some sort of a reference to Twilight! :P 

Edited by anu.happy4ever - 28 July 2012 at 6:54am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CynicalNooblatekateKrishnaluv94

basicquestion1 IF-Rockerz
basicquestion1
basicquestion1

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
bookmarking

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CynicalNoob

CynicalNoob Groupbie
CynicalNoob
CynicalNoob

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:01am | IP Logged

It's been a long week filled with meetings, deadlines and absent colleagues. Work was piled, coffee maker worked overtime and my cubicle holds remainder of late night extra-cheese pizza boxes. I haven't been ignoring this story, if that's what you are wondering but frankly, I wouldn't push back on work that needed my attention to write this one. Weekend has been sweet till now- working on backlogs, eating junk food, hanging out with friends and writing this. Yes, writing the story is increasingly satisfying especially how it helps me lay down various thoughts in my head.

Enough of my monologue, let's move on with the story.

Chapter 4:

"Where are you going?" He broke the reigning silence. She looked at him with a look that clearly said 'What is it to you?'

"It's just a question," he sighed already regretting his innate tongue to waggle unnecessarily.

"I am looking for a place to stay and also a job." She replied stepping out of the elevator. He hadn't realized that the controlled free fall had already come to an end.

Oxymoron ruled his life.

"I'll help you," he said not offering help but insisting on it.

"Why?" Her puzzled voice matched her expression.

"I know the city, I know this neighborhood, I have time and I am bored. I don't want to go to work." He wondered if he sounded as childish as it felt.

"You have a job which you don't feel going to. That must be so tough."  She said tartly. "What are you avoiding – work or people?" He stopped mid stride. She really can't that that perspective.

"Why do you say that?" He asked increasing his pace to fall in step with her again.

"Why else would someone want to ditch work?" She said hailing an auto.

"To help their temporary neighbor to find a job and place to live." He said sliding next to her in auto "What?" He said noting her bewildered expression.  

"Why are you…"

"Hang on," he said motioning her to stop. He gave an address to the driver, looked back at her and motioned her to continue.

"Why are you helping me?" She raised her voice a little seeing how the noise of traffic was steadily increasing.

"Because I can," he said it in a 'that's-so-obvious' tone.

"Is it because of what happened between us last night?" She asked him in the same elevated tone. The auto drive looked at her from rare view mirror which Arnav didn't miss. He elbowed her and cocked his head towards her.

To her credit, she flushed.

"Hand me your file," he said. She handed the file that she had put together for the job contractor she was going to meet.

"You have a master degree in mathematics." His fingers glided on impressive numbers, her score, on the marks sheet. "Very impressive," he noted as he looked at her bachelor scores. "You are the first person I have meet who has a master degree in mathematics. No make that master degree in anything except business administration."

"I don't believe in MBAs, frankly." She said with a degree of certainty in her voice. He nodded at her to expand that thought. "Well, the information related to curriculum is readily available in libraries or even online and all you need is a semi-decent job to apply whatever you read. It's just…theory, you know? I never saw the appeal in that" She said.

"If it's all about information then someone would have figured it out by now and made a grade expose, call it a hoax and the number of students pursuing MBA would have reduced. There's got to be something much elemental that the course is offering to people and corporates which is the reason for popularity." He mentally patted his back for impulsively ditching work.

"It's a lot like social networks out there. Everyone believes that their life is important enough for the rest to follow every mundane and unimportant moment of their lives. It's a running gag and since everyone is on it no one feels any different." Her monotonous one pitched way of speaking only made him smile more.

"Except for the likes of you," he said. His phone rang then. Again for fourth time since he got out of elevator.

"You should probably take it this time," Khushi said looking at the phone in his hand.

"It's not important," he said shrugging. He sent a quick text to his colleague and friend saying that he was quitting and would file in formal resignation the next day. "Oh and what's your number?" He asked typing her name.

"I don't have a cell phone," she said carefully plucking the file out of his hands. His fingers tightened around the file making the task impossible.

"Which planet do you come from?" He asked seriously. "Everyone has a cell phone. How do you think your contractor would reach you when he has to let you know about a job interview?"

"There is this thing called internet and SMTP protocol…."

"I know what email is, alright?" Arnav said chuckling. "Why don't you have a cellphone?"  

"I didn't feel it was necessary." She said shrugging. "I am not sure why everyone sees that a stigma. Well that and not ever been kissed," she added for good measure. "Don't start," she warned him seeing his surprised face.

"We are here," auto driver stopped.

"Where is this place exactly?" Khushi said frowning marring her face when Arnav paid the fare. "I owe you half of it," she added when he pocketed the change. He stared at her for a moment and smiled.

"Of course. We can settle finances later but now, let's go and meet a prospective employer," he said gently pushing her in.

"How do you know they have jobs? And how did you know to bring me here even before you saw my credentials?" She challenged him. He wished for that one moment only that she was one of those girls who would squeal at the prospect of new job interview and not dive deep into analysis of this rare display of nobility.

"Look Khushi. This firm is owned by someone I know. I thought it's a good starting point because given the scale of company they are always in need of people. Consider this as an audition before you meet the guy who promised you a job." Khushi was taking in the environment of fancy building, smartly dressed people and the air of elite.

"Come on," he said when she was cocking and turning her head every moment trying to take in everything the main lobby had to offer.

"How do you know the owner of this company?" Khushi asked in the privacy of elevator.

Arnav just smiled without humor in his eyes.

To be continued.

The following 82 member(s) liked the above post:

barbie_gurlShini.Shiva86Rain_dropvanesha230thepelicanpdj_71ocean28Eternalalluremrignet_tu_achumanisfluffyktautruth1-15armadkashevprayasbanetta10lilyattitudeadevnikipukiPedaseoulbeatsamritabraiiDreamer-89winchfireday_lilyArchu61darkninjathebubblespop12FridaTRND86dorindakatesamarablogbarunxoxohasheyMidnightReaderHappy-go-luckyChandlerBingmayabhikhusiarnavship13avantika_2012lovespellShweta1691dreamymayacrazyaddictionlatekateSyedaFaizavidya.sanjayAudrey.h.sparikhmoonlight2630N0306Japonica-Dee-segadapoorvaarnavlastdesirecheval207shikhacinerariafrenzyykritashfarheen75kvarshacaskerS.StephyKrishnaluv94basicquestion1ashred12Prasanthi-afsha-SillyPeppermandy15applesauce.sarunsashasinghlaksh65ajoopameena671Kalyaani-iLoveZaynMalikspvd

N0306 IF-Dazzler
N0306
N0306

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Arnav just casually gave his resignation.. That is cool.. How I wish I could..

Awesome update.. Glad that you could write with so much of backlog and I m sure your sister might be waiting for you to catch up on the show ;)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CynicalNoobseoulbeatslatekatelastdesireKrishnaluv94basicquestion1

seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged

A much welcome update on an otherwise mundane weekend :-)

He's quitting his job, cool as you please.What luxury!LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CynicalNooblatekateKrishnaluv94cineraria

Sur_10 Goldie
Sur_10
Sur_10

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Hehe shes quite a piece of work. People like her shouldnt ruin their heads with MBAs.And maths? thats smart...
So Arnav is already resigning... Quite an impression I see.
I missed you CN. Good luck for work

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

CynicalNooblatekateKrishnaluv94basicquestion1

-afsha- IF-Sizzlerz
-afsha-
-afsha-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged
I love Khushi n her brains hahahaha
Arnav is gonna have tuff time

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

CynicalNoob

Go to top