India-Forums

The Vampire Diaries
The Vampire Diaries

Ian Somerhalder Teases the Return of Bad Boy Damon

Almas. IF-Sizzlerz
Almas.
Almas.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged

Just call The Vampire Diaries' fourth season the season of no pine and hot vampire sex!

(Go ahead, squeal. We'll wait.)
Well, that's what you can call it if Ian Somerhalder is to be believed. And really: Is that the face of a man who'd lie to you? We didn't think so!

We caught up with Ian and costar Nina Dobrev at Comic-Con to discuss what's ahead for one of TV's hottest non-couples (hey, they technically haven't dated yet!) and Damon's new attitude in season four.

Sorry, Delena fans, but don't expect Damon to keep making moon eyes at Elena. Can you blame the guy? She did choose his brother in the finale.

"She chose Stefan (Paul Wesley), so I'm sure there's some hot vamp sex there," Ian jokes. "When she gets tired of Stefan, who knows? Maybe she'll come to Damon?" (We bet that statement just launched a thousand Tumblr posts.)

"[Damon]'s not going to be pining. This is the season of no pine...Seasons two and three, he did everything they wanted him to do. He tried to be the person they wanted him to be. Guess what? None of it worked," Ian says.

"He's basically saying now, 'This is who I am. Like it or not, for lack of better words—there's no studio executives around, right?—go f--k yourself. Seriously, if you don't like who I am, you have no business being in my face so get out of it.' This year he has this sense of self-worth and saying, 'You know what? I've been around a long time and you guys are a bunch of morons. This is me.'"

The return of season-one Damon?! We can probably speak for every fan when we say: "Another person jumping for joy over the reemergence of Damon's bad boy side? Wheee!"

"He's basically eaten it for two years—or I should say I have?—and I'm excited to go back to that guy, which is the guy that I love playing. There's a certain honesty to Damon."

As for Elena, who never wanted to be a vampire? Well, she'll pretty much be the same old Elena, as Nina tells us, "I still play Elena as Elena. The only difference is that she has different dietary decisions. It's like being gluten-free or on blood, but she's still Elena. She's just going to have a different approach to things."

After Elena learns what she's become, "She's going to be grieving her life...She's going to be devastated; all she wanted was a normal life," Nina explains. "They were on their way to leave town and to leave that life behind. She had no idea vampire blood was in her system."

While Damon will be pretty upset with Stefan for choosing to save Matt ("He's pissed," Ian exclaims), Nina says Elena will harbor no ill will toward her brooding beau.  

"She was in the same position when her parents died and Stefan saved her. Although she was grateful to him, she didn't want that to happen again. She wanted to sacrifice herself for the people she loved. She had enough of all this. Of course, she's going to be incredibly thankful that he had enough respect for her and cared enough to respect her wishes."

The Vampire Diaries returns Thursday, Oct. 11, at 8 p.m. on the CW.

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

pyaarhailove...OMGJinxRichaArShiDelenasupriya.arshik-ekta fanAsh_SmashradtiMadz207shikhaPreternatural..DamonCrazy..GulaabiAakhein..FemmeFatale.nami2811jnawazMS-meghasharma.Reshama.

Preternatural IF-Sizzlerz
Preternatural
Preternatural

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Finally My Damon is back..!!! I almost laughed at the part where he says when she'll be bored with stefan she'll be back to damon ROFL . Elena's character reminds me of Twilight's Bella both are of same type. I hate Elena for that.. Doesnt she realise that 'Good Boy Damon' is just "because" of her.
I just hope she wont blame damon for the change of his character or if anything goes wrong.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pyaarhaiGodSmackArShiDelenaSuper Kool.FemmeFatale.Almas.GulaabiAakhein.

GulaabiAakhein. IF-Sizzlerz
GulaabiAakhein.
GulaabiAakhein.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:21am | IP Logged
OMFGG!! Yess..! Finally Damon Salvatore is gonna rock :D Yaaay 
I love the old damon.. with his attitude -- "You don't like me? Cool, I don't wake up everyday to impress you!" Thats him. And elena can go with stefan. Damon deserves someone faaar better than elena. I really want Katherine and Damon together. They are going to rockk together <33
Aaah! I seriously can't wait for the next season :D :D *excited*

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ArShiDelenaAlmas.

Almas. IF-Sizzlerz
Almas.
Almas.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Abray

Finally My Damon is back..!!! I almost laughed at the part where he says when she'll be bored with stefan she'll be back to damon ROFL . Elena's character reminds me of Twilight's Bella both are of same type. I hate Elena for that.. Doesnt she realise that 'Good Boy Damon' is just "because" of her.
I just hope she wont blame damon for the change of his character or if anything goes wrong.

Agree wid ur last line... But dunno y but I feel she will blame Damon ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ArShiDelenaPreternatural

Almas. IF-Sizzlerz
Almas.
Almas.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Manjari1104

I love the old damon.. with his attitude -- "You don't like me? Cool, I don't wake up everyday to impress you!" Thats him. And elena can go with stefan. Damon deserves someone faaar better than elena. I really want Katherine and Damon together. They are going to rockk together <33

"You don't like me? Cool, I don't wake up everyday to impress you!" 

I jus lov dis lineBig smile.. Yes dis is Damon 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rekhab25ArShiDelenaPreternaturalGulaabiAakhein.-Prashu-

GulaabiAakhein. IF-Sizzlerz
GulaabiAakhein.
GulaabiAakhein.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iluvvampires

Damon never said that line or anything, I just made it up.. But that is exactly how damon was but Elena played with him for far too long. I am just glad she clarified it once and for all. 
So I am really happy she chose stefan. I think Elena is really dumb to leave someone like Damon. But, fools remain fools. Can't help it, can we?

Almas. IF-Sizzlerz
Almas.
Almas.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged

Originally posted by iluvvampires

Damon never said that line or anything, I just made it up.. But that is exactly how damon was but Elena played with him for far too long. I am just glad she clarified it once and for all. 
So I am really happy she chose stefan. I think Elena is really dumb to leave someone like Damon. But, fools remain fools. Can't help it, can we?

Missed  a 'd' in lov..I lovd d lineLOL

Yess Elena is dumb.. I wish if wer in hr placeDay Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

GulaabiAakhein.

.FemmeFatale. IF-Sizzlerz
.FemmeFatale.
.FemmeFatale.

Posted: 23 July 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Though i loved Damon-t he good guy.I think i want to see the return the badass damon i fell for in season 1 Blushing He has had enough of the ' holdin on letting go'  part(guess which episode this song was used Wink ) Its time to say F*** you!  Cool wooot!

After the season 3 ending kiss,i thot now finally  focus will shift to damon elena..but then we all know what elena did Ouch will miss the steaming hot delena scenes big time!anyway,i wanna see Ian asap. Big smile September is STILL far away Cry

Go to top