Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RickyBahl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Harshitha

have u seen geet the way they ruined it (i stopped watching it mid way though)
same here, some odd fun in lowering woman dignity onscreen
this is the last serial i watch of Gul gosh she has horrid imagination
i think the problem is : they did not realize Barun & Sanaya chemistry would be such a big hit which is why they are not being able to handle such high trps & now when people are expecting huge they are not being able to reach those targets
they had a certain theme n mind but as time when they do not know what to focus on
post marriage track half the tracks have no connection with previous ones
its like we are watching 2 different serials - pre marriage & post marriage
the trps have never returned above 4 its always below it or near 3 ish

yes dear i cried watching the emotional scenes since year long hoping that one day arnav will realise the true worth of khushi ..But to no avail he is smirking, his character  has become cartoon honestly.  Only BARUN -SANAYA, and Nani,  make me watch this show.
There is no rule that a star plus show has to be bahu and her sob story oriented . These channel became popular with Kaun banega crorepati and shows like Kora kaagaz about a Devar marrying his bhabhi left by his brother on wedding night. Romances like Kahin to hoga.
Its the effect of COLORS  TV which has adopted rural, village stories of women and their difficulty and star plus is reeling the impact. Thats why the Guptas are always shown as people who dont hv civic sense. This was too much.
4 lions and Gul have had enough popularity post geet. Time will tell how their illogical, zig zag story telling can hold audiences for long. I doubt..they will see a bad day .they are too over confident .
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome and salute worthy post dear...I
ts very cringe-worthy to see these CVs being women degrading Khushi's character so much.. thats the reason I dont blame patriarchy wholly for the ongoing misogyny when women like these are doing awesome jobs to degrade a female character..
the intensity is lost.. ASR not having an iota of guilt rather felling amused, taking love as a mere winning game and forcing himself on Khushi dont count as intense romance..also Khushi's OTT comedy scenes constatly diluting the respect and self-dignity quotient..
Rolzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Agree... exactly the reason I could never connect with IPK and never taken it seriously...I watch it only for Rabba Vays...
Khushi being sweet, cultered, sacrificing are all well and good..but give her some self respect also!! But she was treated as a doormat from the beginning...
Rolzz thumbnail

have u seen geet the way they ruined it (i stopped watching it mid way though)
same here, some odd fun in lowering woman dignity onscreen
this is the last serial i watch of Gul gosh she has horrid imagination
i think the problem is : they did not realize Barun & Sanaya chemistry would be such a big hit which is why they are not being able to handle such high trps & now when people are expecting huge they are not being able to reach those targets
they had a certain theme n mind but as time when they do not know what to focus on
post marriage track half the tracks have no connection with previous ones
its like we are watching 2 different serials - pre marriage & post marriage
the trps have never returned above 4 its always below it or near 3 ish

Partially agree... The only bad point in Geet was that she forgave Dev and Geet-Dev relationship became normal!!
But she was never a doormat... She walked out on Maan multiple times even when she didnt have anywhere to go ( despite the hue and cry of fans)!! And nobody was there in the show who constantly insulted or used her ..if there was some she or Maan had nipped them from the  bud!!

I wish atleast once Khushi walk out of ASR ... put her foot down and demand respect from all these people who have been misusing her... ASR, Maamiji, her own family...In the present conditions its very difficult to feel bad for her!!

Edited by Rolzz - 11 years ago
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rolzz

Partially agree... The only bad point in Geet was that she forgave Dev and Geet-Dev relationship became normal!!
But she was never a doormat... She walked out on Maan multiple times even when she didnt have anywhere to go ( despite the hue and cry of fans)!! And nobody was there in the show who constantly insulted or used her ..if there was some she or Maan had nipped them from the  bud!!

I wish atleast once Khushi walk out of ASR ... put her foot down and demand respect from all these people who have been misusing her... ASR, Maamiji, her own family...In the present conditions its very difficult to feel bad for her!!

im not talking in that aspect it just got boring after a certain point of time
the stagnancy stepped in

RickyBahl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Doc_Manaal

Awesome and salute worthy post dear...I
ts very cringe-worthy to see these CVs being women degrading Khushi's character so much.. thats the reason I dont blame patriarchy wholly for the ongoing misogyny when women like these are doing awesome jobs to degrade a female character..
the intensity is lost.. ASR not having an iota of guilt rather felling amused, taking love as a mere winning game and forcing himself on Khushi dont count as intense romance..also Khushi's OTT comedy scenes constatly diluting the respect and self-dignity quotient..

thanks a  lot doc manaal...its high time women in india forums stop degrading women hood by enjoying khushi's exploitation at the cost of arnavs charm and rabba veys
Rolzz thumbnail

the stagnancy stepped in

Oh then 100% agree!! 😊
anaha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Welcome to the world of Indian -Soap Fiction. They are yet to discover the shades of grey in human nature. TO them its either Black or white. What surprises me is their inablility to even attempt. They were trying to bring that onto Anjali's character but failed miserably as it took totally different mould & you saw a sample of viewers reaction on the forum. Now all they want is play it safe.  

Also you can take the forum as a small example of the mindset of the whole society. People who found Anjali's characterisation way out of norm were called "dirty minded" people or whatever. So my western clad friend you are to remain a bad person for quite sometime now - atleast as per the indian soap authorities😃
Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RickyBahl

I . But the female CV members have forgotten the need for guilt track and  kept her in RM for the sake of rabbave . So disgusting, as if women are only commodity for pleasure. KHUSHI being too much forgiving doesnt click with feminists.And sadly we have 6 female CV's in the team. 

i agree wid ech n evry wrd of urs...nly bcz of dis rsn i hv literally strtd to hte d current track...whre is d redemption part...forget abt d redemption arnav is nt all guilty of wht he did to khushi n moreovr blaming hr fr evry wrng thng dat hppnd to hr di...n khushi still nt concerned abt it n busy rabba veying wid arnav..😡
u knw wht i thnk cvs think by shwng physicality btw d leads intensity of luv can b quoted bt i m totally agnst it...i wnt a strong stry lyn...audience cn wtch it widout any track fr its leads upto a certain tym bt den tym to sy tata bye bye to d shw...i hv so mch luvd dis shw bt de hv totlly ruined it😭😭
.Kiran. thumbnail

the stagnancy stepped in

Hun its not about getting boring this topic is about women getting self-respect. The reason Geet got boring was because  the whole original creative team got shifted to their new shows. Every day there was some new director, screenplay writer, cameraman etc. Only original cvs can bring the magic back but original cvs never got back. Geet in the beginning was EPIC! It got the highest TRPs star one ever got! The only reason it didn't have high TRPS like Star Plus shows cuz the channel didn't have wide range! The actors are still ruling people's heart IN India and abroad. That was 4Lions' first success. That's why I always say 4 Lions know how to choose the leads. My 2 fav. couples are MaanEet & Arhi and both are created by 4 Lions. They know how to create magic! Gottaa give it to them for that.

Anyways sorry for going off-topic, I agree with you @ TM! Arnav manhandling her & everything I understand. Since its a mill-boons story and a show, Cvs need drama but why do they have to disrespect women like this? Why doesn't she get any redemption from Arnav's side? I get it, she loves him but she cannot forget everything he has made her go through She went through hell in the past year especially post-marriage. Instead of regretting, he smirks remembering those moments. Is he a human or what? Even now Khushi walked out because she wanted to see them happy and not for her dignity. What the EFF is this? Seriously redemption track is NEEDED! No romance without redemption. Arnav should not even be forgiven for the things he has said but since its a show she will forgive him but he needs to redeem himself!