Hitler Didi

LIFE IS A JOURNEY,TRAVEL IT WITH A SMILE

Earnshaw09 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Time and again I've tried to figure out the genre to which Illa Bedi's drama,"Hitler Didi" belongs;but in vain.In the beginning,it seemed to fall under the category of domestic drama,set in the contemporary times,with characters flourishing from the middle class background,with Indira Sharma,a young woman belonging to the middle class family,who strives to make the ends meet and who is in search for happiness.And in this journey,comes a young,jovial man,Rishi,who brings in the flavor of love in Indira's life.And rest, as we know,is history:they are brought together by circumstances,and their differences disappear as they fall for each other.Till this part of the story,the theme of the story,i.e.,struggle,is well balanced with a proportionate blend of reality and fiction,romance and comedy.But eventually,the story and its theme seems to fall apart,with the introduction of sub-plots like,the trial,the on-and-off marriage of Rishi and Indira;the sudden change in Indira,the kidnapping plot of Rishi;and surprisingly the turn of mood in the drama with comedy,with the selling and buying of 'Sharma Niwas'. There has been a imbalanced chain-of-events in the drama,"Hitler Didi",which has made the audience distant from the characters,and the story.

The audience can no longer relate to the story,which has gone hay wire.The script writer has not only gone out of focus from the theme,but has also compromised with the story and characters[Indira and Rishi],which have so much potential.The writer's punch line,"Zindagi Ek Jung Hain",i.e.,the theme of the drama,could have been given a different direction with the focus on the psychological impact on the characters,with the lead characters,Indira and Rishi fighting the struggle of life either accompanying each other,or as two individuals with different agendas,but with same goals.And this struggle of Indira could have been more inspiring,if the note of melancholy wasn't introduced,which has been drawn in the story with this new sub-plot of Indira's fatal illness.

As long as we're breathing,the struggle for survival will go on;this journey will continue.But this journey of life becomes worth fighting for if we're accompanied with loved ones,as Indira is accompanied by Rishi:this is what makes all the difference.And I hope that,the writer of "HD" realizes this soon,and if at all she has decided to wrap up the show,than it should end with a happy note.Because whether a soap-opera,or a motion picture,their purpose is to entertain us.And I belief no one gets entertained with tragedy,with melancholy.After facing the real life struggles,no one is willing to find pleasure in violence,or death;and this is perhaps one of the reasons,why movies belonging to the genre of comedy,or romantic comedy,do well.

Lastly,just want to say that,Illa Bedi,instead of turning her drama into a tragedy,or making it a piece of sad story,should try to make this journey of Indira's life full of life and inspiration;should show the audience that,with the power of love,any barriers can be broken.The writer should focus on the theme,but with Rishi and Indira together,because this will make Indira's journey worth.
Life is a Journey,Travel it with a Smile.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Excellent Post. Each and every word that you have written is completely true. Agree with it 👍🏼

samrudhi.r thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Life is a journey, travel it with a smile. what a closing line. 

Awesome post arpitha. You rarely come out with posts, but when u do, its always awesome and philosophical. 👍🏼

As you said we lost connect with HD, soon after the Holi episode. none of the tracks they introduced after that could make us feel that connect. When i see the old episodes i feel like the Rishi b4 holi and rishi after holi are two completely different individuals with just the bodies identical. The essence and soul has gone long back. I am pessimistic after the long wait that i will get that old HD again. 😔

i still linger around as inshi is my fav jodi (they managed to hook me permanently by march) and i am still a hopeless romantic, hoping against hope that i might see a flicker of that old flame at least once in a while. 

CVs aap sun rahe ho kya?
Edited by dhanya.r - 11 years ago