Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Interesting Article on Rajesh Khanna (Page 2)

bollywoodfan16 Goldie
bollywoodfan16
bollywoodfan16

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
ya there is similar video on youtube which also mentions the same things mentioned above in article...
But the kind of  super super stardom he saw, I think no other actor had seen or will see...I knew he was big star but after listening to news yesterday, I found out 15 consecutive hits in span of 1969-72. This is beyond awesome. This record is still unbroken shows there cannot be other RK. I heard in news too but my dad said he had seen it that when his car once arrived in Chandigarh for premiere it actually went red with lipstick marks from girls. My dad was saying the hairstyle he followed, everybody in India followed that, the kind of clothes he wore, everybody started wearing similar style. In popularity wise, he is the most popular actor of bollywood. In that time he used to change flowers of his house every month worth 1 lakh rupees (which would be eventually more than 1 crore now). But what a life after seeing so much stardom he was alone for so many years, For so many years he never came out of his house Ashiward. I wish he had better married life and then his health would not have not deteriorated that much due to loneliness. Then he might have lived longer. I m not blaming Dimple here. I m sure she must had her own reasons to walk out. After all she was just a kid then too. I m just saying in general.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
Today's superstars have no enigma in them...they report everything from the brand of toothpaste they use to bad-mouthing their ex-flames on social platforms!Confused  

Hence, Fans of our generation are not interested in the person behind the superstar, they are just interested in the latest fads and for that, I believe that the current generation of superstars won't be remembered and cherished the way that the likes of Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand will be, now and in the future too!

Is it any wonder that we forget a Shiela Ki Jawani in a couple of days, but still remember the lyrics of Roop Tera Mastana or Chingari Koi Bhadke! It was not just the music of yesteryears that is memorable, but also the actors who personified them on-screen!

PS: Rajesh Khanna was probably the only star till date who had such a huge fan-following down south also! He was just as popular with Chennai and Kerala girls as he was with their north-indian counterparts! Despite the language barrier, his films were wildly popular in South and his posters used to sell like hot-cakes! 

Edited by poppy2009 - 19 July 2012 at 7:34am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bollywoodfan16drummedupBingeabby_girl30Kai.TheRowdiest

swashbuckling IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30

Binge IF-Rockerz
Binge
Binge

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
After reading the article, I can only say that actors are sometimes no where close to what they portray in reel life! 

This might be out of context but while reading his life journey,it said that Akshay bailed him out of debts, convinced Dimple to re-concile with him and it was Akshay who made him realize what it is to have your loved ones with you during lonely times. However, Rajesh Khanna denied of Akshay paying off his debts. If this is remotely true, I must say, Akshay is quite a noble SIL and more like a son despite of his own philandering ways! 

Edited by Binge - 19 July 2012 at 12:11pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

drummedupabby_girl30Kai.

Meredith IF-Rockerz
Meredith
Meredith

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
will read article later.
abby_girl30 IF-Rockerz
abby_girl30
abby_girl30

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
yeaa I agree too... Akshay truly acted like a son to Kaka ji... I even heard Twinkle didn talk to her dad much bt Akki still talked to him... treated him with respect of a father...got the entire family together for his b'day celebration last yr... its surely nice to have a son (as he was more like a son) like him Clap

I heard dat Rajesh loved da company of his grandson Aarav a lot as well

Go to top