Rab Se Sohna Isshq

India-Forums

Rab Se Sohna Isshq
Rab Se Sohna Isshq

Landed My First Lead Role in 4 Days Flat!

VishaD. IF-Veteran Member
VishaD.
VishaD.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:27am | IP Logged
If there's a newcomer who has managed to draw rave reviews even before her show goes on air, it's young Ekta Kaul, the fresh-faced 23 year old from Jammu who will soon be seen playing Saahiba in Zee TV's  much-awaited cross-continental love story 'Rab Se Sona Isshq'.  Having worked in the Marketing and Sales department of one of India's biggest FMCG giants, Ekta had never really dreamt of acting or even auditioned for a role before. When friends and colleagues prodder her to try her hand at acting given her gorgeous looks, her very first audition attempt landed her the most sought-after lead role in television's most exciting, upcoming show. After all, she had the delightful innocence, radiance and the spark required to be Saahiba!
With Ekta landing her  role within such a short while of landing in Mumbai, the girl is determined to give her acting career her everything, "I'm brilliantly lucky to have landed a role of Saahiba, the lead of Zee TV's Rab Se Sohna Isshq within 4 days of coming to Mumbai. It is HUGE...I wanted to pursue acting as a career despite having a good job. I had complete family support and took the step of moving to Mumbai. One hears of people struggling for years and fading into oblivion just trying to even get an audition, forget a break as a lead of a primetime show.  There was this natural feeling of - What if I don't find something as meaningful and gratifying as the job I already had in hand? But thankfully it didn't last long! It only feels like yesterday that I decided to take up acting and here I am facing the camera with so many veteran actors already. I am giving it all I have – learning everyday and hope viewers appreciate the show!" said Ekta.
Insiders from the sets reveal that Ekta more than compensates for her lack of acting experience with an extremely professional approach, her single-minded dedication and her quick grasp of the craft. A complete tomboy all through her childhood, Ekta was stumped when she had to wear heavy earrings that made her ears bleed and caused excruciating pain during the elaborate mehendi, chooda and shaadi sequences shot in Punjab. But not once did she crib or cringe …! Ekta, in all her life, had never ridden a bicycle, a motorcycle, driven a car or a tractor … but the enthusiastic learner that she is, she practiced and became adept at all of the above in the course of the 20-day Punjab shoot since her character Saahiba was required to do them all!  "My only unfulfilled dream now is to ride a plane," she says.
Despite her strong constitution, the agonizing heat of Punjab saw Ekta fainting twice on the sets. But, the determined girl and her indomitable spirit ensured that the shooting never got stalled, her crew and director never inconvenienced! Way to go, girl. It is this attitude backed with your unquestionable talent that will take you places!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

ronnie85ArtiKaranPrasad-Naresh-FireLordPhoenixJyo_Ksg--geny--Fearless_LoverTrouble.OmnipotenceZaxo-Rashu-villian-Rajiniliciousrelentless.

Jyo_Ksg IF-Sizzlerz
Jyo_Ksg
Jyo_Ksg

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Wow! thats gr8 ! Thanks for sharing Visha..Hug
mitzification Goldie
mitzification
mitzification

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged
I think this girl is the first good lukin girl i have seen in a long tim on tv... needs polishing but i feel she will learn fast. tempted to watch this show just cause of her .
Fearless_Lover IF-Stunnerz
Fearless_Lover
Fearless_Lover

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 7:41am | IP Logged
t4s 
Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing ..she is really adorable and beautiful..
LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Visha 

the gal is attracting and can act ... need polish though . 
VishaD. IF-Veteran Member
VishaD.
VishaD.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Yes, in fact she is doing great for her first acting stint and don't seem like a first timer. Good job Ekta Clap
bookworm-ALS-- IF-Stunnerz
bookworm-ALS--
bookworm-ALS--

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Tfs...she is attractive no doubt...she needs to polish up her acting now :)

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index