Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Lack of Innocence in Hindi Films: Juhi

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:20am | IP Logged

Lack of innocence in Hindi films worries Juhi

Lack of innocence in Hindi films worries Juhi

Actress Juhi Chawla says recent Bollywood films had begun to worry her about the lost charm and innocence, but Abhishek Bachchan-starrer clean film "Bol Bachchan" has restored her faith.

juhi chawla

Actress Juhi Chawla says recent Bollywood films had begun to worry her about the lost charm and innocence, but Abhishek Bachchan-starrer clean film "Bol Bachchan" has restored her faith.

"Just watched 'Bol Bachchan' at a movie theatre in Kampala. Had a good laugh! The movie is completely cracked! Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan were hilarious. Everyone in the movie was fun," tweeted Juhi.

"And what I liked about it most... it was a clean film! The girls skirts were long... The necklines high... No nonsense unnecessary kissing or sleeping around... Call me old fashioned but I was beginning to get worried about Hindi films. Wanting to be so much like Hollywood films... losing their charm, originality, innocence," added the 44-year-old, whose popular films include "Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak", "Darr" and "Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Kee".

Do you agree with Juhi that there is lack of "innocence" in bollywood these days?
With many movies getting "A" Certificate, why is there a trend to make such movies?
Any recent movie which you think had that "charm, originality and innocence"?

was bored so thought of having a topic to discuss... do share your thoughts..

Edited by Star_on_earth - 19 July 2012 at 5:19am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lentilsReal.MadridRolzz-SalShah4eva-

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Kinda agree with her. Though I don't have problem with A chhap films, but I do miss the light hearted comedies of the 90s. Nowadays its mostly multi-starrer comic flicks that try hard to make people laugh with non-veg jokes but end up looking like a bunch of despos.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_on_earthKai.-SalShah4eva-

New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:56am | IP Logged

Yes, I agree with her. Bollywood is losing its innocence. Now it's like compulsory to have cheap lines, vulgar item songs, unnecessary kissing and bedroom scenes. Bollywood missing films like HAHK, DDLJ, MPK etc and actress like juhi, Bhagyashree, Madhuri, sri.

Mahu34Star_on_earthKai.anitarani

Krrish4You IF-Rockerz
Krrish4You
Krrish4You

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Diagree with juhi... These days movies do require certain things to add up the spice..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_on_earth

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:05am | IP Logged
LOL the only difference between then and now is that back then, they used to show what was about to happen, and now, movies show what does happen.

She has a point.. but I don't think the innocent times were better times.
How long is sex supposed to be replaced with pollinating flowers anyway

Star_on_earth.khoobsurat.preity*zintaibelieveinpink

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:36am | IP Logged
i also agree with juhi on this...nowadays there are not many movies that can be watched with the whole family.. the innocence is somewhere lost in BW movies...

its not like showing adult content is wrong, the kissing/love making scenes if has to be added it should be done only if its necessary or part of the story and not just for the sake of it..  as long as its done in a better way its fine but sometimes it looks cheap and vulgar which i think is not right ... also whats with the dirty/cheap jokes? are they also necessary to make a movie look "modern"? comedy can be done without them and in a much better way.. movies like andaz apna apna, hera pheri are much better than these housefuls or golmaals.. 

also with the trend of having an item song in every movie, its like a competition who comes up with the most vulgar lyrics or names for the dancing ladies - chikni chameli, chamak challo, halkat jawani and the rest.. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ChippeshwiniKai.Rolzzanitarani-GayabCat--SalShah4eva-

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:42am | IP Logged
i agree! juhi was never a great actress but i loved her comic timings

atleast previous movies like "hum hain rahi pyar ke" etc had good humour and didnt have to rely on sex comedy like it is in almost all the movies these days!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_on_earth

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Times change...so obviously cinema will move on with the times. Though yes I wish we had more movies that the whole family could sit and watch without embarrassment.

Edited by -ksh- - 19 July 2012 at 6:59am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Star_on_earth-koiza-ibelieveinpink

Go to top