Suvreen Guggal - Topper of the year
Suvreen Guggal - Topper of the year

India-Forums

Friendship ka ab zamaana nahi hai.

.DontKnow. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

anamika143.. IF-Dazzler
anamika143..
anamika143..

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:33am | IP Logged
i knw that yuvreen confession is early. but i guess u r nt a SG viewer frm d starting...SG is nt only focused on lovestoriess...it also shows frnd ship, child-parent relationship. youth problems politics n many more...

n as far as attraction between yuvreen is concerned.. they both are such individuals who hv never interacted much wid d opposite gender... n they also recently acted in a romantic play "romeo n juliet"... so an attraction between them is quite normal...

and as u r pointing out the indian shows... i think u are an american or other non-indian serial viewer, their audience base is different, they cn  show many such scenes which cannot be shown in indian serialsss...

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

Optimus_promaditiarorarubab1690cskdhonirocksvampyrgirlricha.Farzi.isnatsujairohitpia.rahaForeverForU.Comics_Music.basket_101sweetshinemeghasinghrelentless.

basket_101 IF-Rockerz
basket_101
basket_101

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
All this attraction stuff is also a part of college life though
And from the beginning, the show has been portraying several different aspects of college life and this is also a part of that!
So many things happened, like the Naro-Gogoi incident and then the Besharmi March...  So I think they're trying to depict a normal and realistic college experience, in which teenage attraction-relationships-love is common and considering they just did the Romeo and Juliet play, it's not unlikely that something like this would happen (and also considering how much their friends are teasing them about it)
I do understand what you mean, but this is just my opinion (=  Smile

Edited by basket_101 - 19 July 2012 at 12:51pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Optimus_promrubab1690sujairohit.Comics_Music.meghasinghrelentless.

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Hey Shak, nice to see you on this forum. Didn't know you watched this show? 

Anyway, you have a valid question. But the unfortunate truth is that the so called Indian 'youth' shows are stuck in the moonlighting phase, where it is absolutely indispensable to have the leads fall in love. But having said that, I think SG is remarkably different from the other shows. First, I think it is the only show that has come close to depicting how colleges in Delhi actually are. Of course, there is dramatization but it is still in touch with reality. If you compare it to show like, say, Dil dosti dance, in which college is merely a name being used as a backdrop, I think SG scores much higher. Secondly, the relationships or even the individual characters in SG are so much more identifiable. Lastly, like someone else mentioned, this show deals with so much more than just 'love' or 'hot scenes between leads'. I wouldn't say that it has hit the nail on the head but it is a very different and admirable attempt. Especially their decision to include violence/crime against women was applause worthy.

Now coming to Yuvraaj-Suvreen, while their romance may be premature, it is not baseless. On the face they might look like two completely different individuals, but in reality they are both very similar. They notice this fact when they're alone and Yuvraaj isn't behaving like a jerk, and Suvreen isn't acting like a know-it-all. Let me put it this way, Yuvraaj isn't attracted towards Suvreen because she flicked her wet hair on his face or her duppatta fell on his face. The same is true vice versa as well. He likes her because she's so real, unlike other girls who simply cling onto him because of his looks. Also, she is the perfect match for his innate courage. She is just as strong as he is. 

I'll be disappointed if they get caught in the typical 'one-romantic-scene-per-episode-and-no-other-development' zone later. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Edited by U-No-Poo - 19 July 2012 at 1:46pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

allseasonrainvampyrgirlrichabasket_101.Comics_Music.sweetshine.DontKnow.relentless.

Anrun Groupbie
Anrun
Anrun

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by U-No-Poo

Anyway, you have a valid question. But the unfortunate truth is that the so called Indian 'youth' shows are stuck in the moonlighting phase, where it is absolutely indispensable to have the leads fall in love. But having said that, I think SG is remarkably different from the other shows. First, I think it is the only show that has come close to depicting how colleges in Delhi actually are. Of course, there is dramatization but it is still in touch with reality. If you compare it to show like, say, Dil dosti dance, in which college is merely a name being used as a backdrop, I think SG scores much higher. Secondly, the relationships or even the individual characters in SG are so much more identifiable. Lastly, like someone else mentioned, this show deals with so much more than just 'love' or 'hot scenes between leads'. I wouldn't say that it has hit the nail on the head but it is a very different and admirable attempt. Especially their decision to include violence/crime against women was applause worthy.

Now coming to Yuvraaj-Suvreen, while their romance may be premature, it is not baseless. On the face they might look like two completely different individuals, but in reality they are both very similar. They notice this fact when they're alone and Yuvraaj isn't behaving like a jerk, and Suvreen isn't acting like a know-it-all. Let me put it this way, Yuvraaj isn't attracted towards Suvreen because she flicked her wet hair on his face or her duppatta fell on his face. The same is true vice versa as well. He likes her because she's so real, unlike other girls who simply cling onto him because of his looks. Also, she is the perfect match for his innate courage. She is just as strong as he is. 

I'll be disappointed if they get caught in the typical 'one-romantic-scene-per-episode-and-no-other-development' zone later. I really hope that doesn't happen.
I agree with you...i am also a non-india but i like the story of SG because it  connects to the real life and is so different frm other youth-based shows...
Anrun Groupbie
Anrun
Anrun

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by U-No-Poo

I agree with you..I love the show because it has a different story and it also connects to the reality..
Suvi and Yuvi are nt falliing in love they just started liking each other and i think its common..it happens with us also,,,in a big gang of frnds there will be a girl and boy who has feelings for each other,,like suvi and yuvi...
AnjanaYYZ Coolbie
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Shak - hahahhahahahaah...love/sex sells...so it gets sold!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index