India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

The C. N. A. T. (Page 46)

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
^^^^...Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney...

Murugan looks at the high calorie diet and grimaces at it thinking of the hours he would have to spend at the gym if he consumed all the above. Only one dish looked promising and that was...

...a fruit salad made from a combination of  all fruits and nuts , mixed with jaggery and honey.  

"This is like amrit" he says after tasting it. He christens it "Panchamritam" and declares it to be his favourite dish.

That is why till today, 'Panchamritam' is offered as naivedya in all Murugan poojas.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12.Vrish.hemavidzDeewaniRimivanadhisia221jayvenksukhi...

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Accordingly, Murugan invites Himavan & Menavati to join them, and asks them to hijack everybody @ Ganapati's party to his party.

Himavan goes back and describes the issue to Nandi, and they decide to split the party and send some ganas & devas to Murugan's party, and leave some w/ Ganapati.

That works out well for an extent - half the ganas & devas join Himavan & Menavati and turn up @ Murugan's party.  Murugan asks Minakshi, Devasena & Asoka Sundari to cater to all of them.  Since he doesn't like the high calorie Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney, he orders that it be served to everyone else in smaller quantities, so that it won't fatten them - at least not much anyway.

However, the issue arises on whose party would Mahadev, Parvati & Nandi themselves attend.  Indra is not so much of a problem - neither Murugan nor Vinayak can stand him.  However, how do they make them appear @ both parties?

Nandi then has a bright idea that everyone in Ganapati's party themselves go & crash Murugan's party.  Murugan is told of this plan by Devasena, and smiles.  He tells all 3 of them, 'Nandi may think that he's brilliant, but we'll see how much they like Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney after having laddos Evil Smile'

Murugan is right.  The party crashers hate having to have all that after having laddoos.  Mahadev & Parvati arrive, and are welcomed and invited to have all that as well.  Mahadev then starts doing the disappearing act of all the food, as if to demonstrate the supremacy of Annapurna.  But Kartikeya puts the laddoos, and since they were made by Menavati, they too disappear.  The ganas & devas want dessert, and Asoka Sundari offers them all Panchamritam, but Mahadev finishes it, and Asoka is upset and starts bawling.  Mahadev & Parvati are forced to sit w/ her for another story telling session - this time of Parashurama.  Happy to get them out of the way, Murugan has Minakshi & Devasena prepare another round of Panchamritam, and serves them to all the ganas & devas, and piques Ganesh once again LOL

Party ends in a stalemate & Nandi is relieved that it didn't become a bigger fiasco as a result of this sibling rivalry.

Edited by .Vrish. - 18 December 2012 at 7:02am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12vanadhiDeewaniRimivaraalisia221sukhi...

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Murugan is told of this plan by Devasena, and smiles.  He tells all 3 of them, 'Nandi may think that he's brilliant, but we'll see how much they like Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney after having laddos Evil Smile'

Murugan is right.  The party crashers hate having to have all that after having laddoos.  LOL

Why?  

(Dosas and vadas are quite yummy, you know) Big smile
.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 18 December 2012 at 7:14am | IP Logged
I guess it's an issue of taste, but don't sweet things normally come @ the end?

Personally, I don't have desserts, but that's what I've generally noticed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

varaalijayvenk

Samsangeetha Goldie
Samsangeetha
Samsangeetha

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 8:06am | IP Logged
OMG Varaali, Hema told me to read this. Ur imagination s Wow Clap
ROFL ROFL ROFL
After quite a long time, I laughed like anything. Thanks yaar.

Hema dear: As u said it's like ur Rambo ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.hemavidzvaraali

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
"Swami..." began Parvati with a quaver in her voice "Swami, Vinayak needs to be admitted in a school..."

Mahadev shut his eyes "God...we are gonna have to get a school admission?  I would rather swallow another pot of poison...I would rather have Bhasmasur put his hand on me... But to scout schools for a Kindergarden admission...Parvati - somethings are impossible even for Gods" 

Both Mahadev and Parvati were plunged deep in thought. This situation was new to them since Kartikeya's childhood had been handled by the Kritiika sisters who had home-tutored him and  Ashok Sundari's interest had only been in matrimony. 

But Pavati was a woman of action. She remembered that Mrs Kuber too had twin daughters- RIddhi and Siddhi-nearly the same age as Vinayak, so surely she must be knowing something.

A little while later Parvati returned to Kailash armed with a big white book. The cover read "My First Book of Mytho Nursery Rhymes"

Parvati seated Ganesh beside her and opening to the first page began reading aloud: 

Twinkle Twinkle Little Moon
How I wonder when you bloom
Perched on Daddy's head so high
Like a Ladoo in the sky 

Parvati beamed. "That was easy, wasn't it Vinayak ? Now read the next one"

Hickory Dickory Dock
The mouse ran across the block
The mouse wanted a ladoo
Mother gave him two
Hickory Dickory dock.

Parvati breathed easy. Things may not be so difficult after all. She turned the page and began reading the next poem:

Moo Moo Mahishasur's buffalo
Have you any milk?
Yes sir, Yes sir, three pails pink
One for Mahadev, One for Parvati 
And one for the little boy
With face like a Haathi

Shiva's voice cut across the room "Parvati- Which idiot has written these nonsensical verses and why are you teaching him all these?"

Parvati replied  "This is the new syllabus Swami. Apparently the kid has to know at least 10 poems, number counting till 10 , be able to understand at least two languages to even qualify for the interview. Mrs Kuber has already taught her daughters simple addition." Parvati began to despair.

Shiva leaned forward and picked up the rhymes book and began reading aloud the next one

Shumbh-Nishumbha sat on a wall
Shumbha Nishumbha heard a wild call
Not all of Durga-Ma's lions or Durga-Ma's women
Could bring Shumbh Nishumbh back again

Shiva began to laugh. Parvati got up and instructed the ganas that the next ten days should be spent in helping Vinayak memorize all the poems. 

The Ganas started wondering if they could escape to Vaikunth till Vinayaka's admission was over.

Edited by varaali - 19 December 2012 at 10:20pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

DialaSamsangeethamnx12.Vrish.hemavidzvanadhiDeewaniRimiSindhu_usSurya_krsnbhaktjayvenkkaatayanisia221anu rulz-Nymphadora-.FairyDust.sukhi...MrToolConfuser

jayvenk IF-Rockerz
jayvenk
jayvenk

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Swami..." began Parvati with a quaver in her voice "Swami ROFL
Varuuu i am rolling around literally laughing
I love all the rhymes tooo tooo tooo good loving it da

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

varaali

Diala Goldie
Diala
Diala

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Varaali,

You are too good !! I love your rhymes...you may want to copyright them...Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.varaalisukhi...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index