Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
How many eyes could Skanda have had on 1 head?  Or did he have 6 heads when Ganapati started counting?

Somehow, none of the things they did - except the twisting the ears - really sound egregious 😆  Should have been - he tried goring me w/ his tusks, strangling me w/ his trunk 🤣
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
^^^^ Yes- Shanmukha is the name used here. So it implies he had six faces and twelve eyes. 

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
At Kailash mata Parvati is thinking, what to cook for Vinayak?
He comes & gives a suggetion, mata make whatever you want to, I'll taste them & tell you what I like the most.
At that time Menavati comes to meet her nati, obviously with lots of Ladoos. Vinayak's eyes starts glowing seeing them. Paravti stops him, reminds of him agreeing to eat her dishes. Vinayak says, mata may Vachan deta hun, aapake dwara banaye gaye vyanjan ka swad leker he ye Ladoo khaunga, aap janati hay, ek bar maine vachan de diya so de deya.
Paravti is excited, is wonderig what to cook, decides to make Modak along with other dishes.
Food is ready, Vinayak is seated, finishes all the other dishes. Menavati offers him Ladoos. he finishes some. Parvati gives him a plate of Modak, says try this. Vinayak loves them. Menavati asks him what is more tasty, Ladoo or Modak?
Vinayak thinks, I have to keep both nani & mata happy othewise nani will stop my Ladoo supply & mata will feel bad too. He thinks, tells them, I am not able to decide as both are tasty. Let me eat some more then I'll be able to tell clearly. He starts finishing plates of Ladoo & Modak one by one.
Whatever Menavati had brought is over. All the Modak are over too, he is still not full.
Paravti knew her son well. she had kept some Modak in a safe place, if Vinayak gets hungry again. She gets them, tells Vinayak, now you'll eat this Modak from my hand. The momet Vinayak eats from her hand, he is full. Declares I like Ladoo too but Modak made by my mata are my most favourite.😃

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
no brand new post in CNAT?😔
hemavidz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
where's our pillers of CNET???
MrToolConfuser thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Maine ek adha adhura cnat likha hain... Abhi pura hi nahi kar paa raha hu.
Vr15h thumbnail
  • So Parvati & her attendents get ready for a sauna bath, while Nandi & Bhrigni come in asking for directions
  • Parvati thinks, 'Why can't these puppets think for themselves and make their own calls, instead of asking me to micromanage every bit of everything that goes on here?'  Accordingly, she orders them to use their judgement in doing things
  • She then calls Vinayak and asks him to guard the entrance and not allow anybody in.  Vinayak obliges.
  • In the meantime, Minakshi tells Kartikeya that his absence from Kailash has cost him, since Parvati loves Vinayak more, so much so that she asked him, rather than the more experienced Kartikeya to guard her sthal
  • Murugan gets annoyed and goes to the place, and greets Vinayak.  Vinayak tells him that there is no way he can enter.
  • Murugan tells Vinayak that he doesn't want to enter - he wants to guard that place instead of Vinayak, and asks Vinayak to get lost and play w/ his mice & laddoos
  • Vinayak claims that his mother loves him more.  Murugan laughs, and tells him that what she loves is her bath, or else she'd have finished it quickly & relieved him
  • Vinayak gets angry again & attacks Skanda, who manages to somersault and dodge every move of his.
  • Mahadev arrives and Vinayak explains to him why he can't enter.
  • Mahadev tries to stop the fighting b/w Murugan & Vinayak, but both claim that the right to guard that entrance
  • Mahadev suggests that he resolve this, and both agree.  Mahadev asks which of them would allow him in, given the role?
  • Guha says yes, Vinayak says no.  Mahadev rules in favor of Guha 😈
  • Vinayak gets infuriated & attacks Guha.  Mahadev gets infuriated @ seeing Guha assaulted, and takes his trishul & cuts off Vinayak's head.
  • Parvati comes out & is livid that Mahadev beheaded Vinayak.  Skanda tells her that she could have resolved this issue by having a shorter bath.  Her long bath was what cost Vinayak his head.
  • Parvati starts crying, and so Skanda tries comforting her, and asks her why she didn't call him to guard her sauna - didn't she love him.  Parvati tells him that that won't distract from her grief over Vinayak.
  • Skanda then takes Vinayak's head, attaches an elephant trunk w/ tusks & ears, and suggests to his father to reattach the head.
  • Mahadev goes ahead and reattaches Vinayak's head, trunk & all and stirs up & calls his mom.
  • Vinayak is about to go to his mom, who's all ready to hug him, when Skanda catches him by his elephant ears 😆
  • Vinayak w/ his trunk gives Skanda a lashing on his nose.  Skanda lets go, and Vinayak runs & hugs his mom.
  • Nandi & the Ganas arrive, and are happy to see Vinayak restored to life, & praise Skanda for his genius.  Mahadev promotes Vinayak to Ganapati
  • Menavati & Himavan arrive, this time all set to throw a laddoo party for Ganapati
  • Murugan again gets offended that nobody remembered to prepare his favorite new Southern cuisine, & stormed out of there and returned to Minakshi & Devasena.
  • Himavan & Menavati go to Murugan's place to ask him what his favorite cuisine is, so that they can throw another party in his honor for resurrecting Vinayak
  • But Murugan is already having a feast along w/ Minakshi & Devasena, who have arranged an elaborate gourmet.  The main items in that menu are...
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
varaali thumbnail
^^^^...Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney...

Murugan looks at the high calorie diet and grimaces at it thinking of the hours he would have to spend at the gym if he consumed all the above. Only one dish looked promising and that was...

...a fruit salad made from a combination of  all fruits and nuts , mixed with jaggery and honey.  

"This is like amrit" he says after tasting it. He christens it "Panchamritam" and declares it to be his favourite dish.

That is why till today, 'Panchamritam' is offered as naivedya in all Murugan poojas.
Vr15h thumbnail
Accordingly, Murugan invites Himavan & Menavati to join them, and asks them to hijack everybody @ Ganapati's party to his party.

Himavan goes back and describes the issue to Nandi, and they decide to split the party and send some ganas & devas to Murugan's party, and leave some w/ Ganapati.

That works out well for an extent - half the ganas & devas join Himavan & Menavati and turn up @ Murugan's party.  Murugan asks Minakshi, Devasena & Asoka Sundari to cater to all of them.  Since he doesn't like the high calorie Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney, he orders that it be served to everyone else in smaller quantities, so that it won't fatten them - at least not much anyway.

However, the issue arises on whose party would Mahadev, Parvati & Nandi themselves attend.  Indra is not so much of a problem - neither Murugan nor Vinayak can stand him.  However, how do they make them appear @ both parties?

Nandi then has a bright idea that everyone in Ganapati's party themselves go & crash Murugan's party.  Murugan is told of this plan by Devasena, and smiles.  He tells all 3 of them, 'Nandi may think that he's brilliant, but we'll see how much they like Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney after having laddos 😈'

Murugan is right.  The party crashers hate having to have all that after having laddoos.  Mahadev & Parvati arrive, and are welcomed and invited to have all that as well.  Mahadev then starts doing the disappearing act of all the food, as if to demonstrate the supremacy of Annapurna.  But Kartikeya puts the laddoos, and since they were made by Menavati, they too disappear.  The ganas & devas want dessert, and Asoka Sundari offers them all Panchamritam, but Mahadev finishes it, and Asoka is upset and starts bawling.  Mahadev & Parvati are forced to sit w/ her for another story telling session - this time of Parashurama.  Happy to get them out of the way, Murugan has Minakshi & Devasena prepare another round of Panchamritam, and serves them to all the ganas & devas, and piques Ganesh once again 😆

Party ends in a stalemate & Nandi is relieved that it didn't become a bigger fiasco as a result of this sibling rivalry.
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Murugan is told of this plan by Devasena, and smiles.  He tells all 3 of them, 'Nandi may think that he's brilliant, but we'll see how much they like Masala Dosa, Crisp Vadas, Rava Roast, Onion Sambhar, Coconut Chutney after having laddos 😈'

Murugan is right.  The party crashers hate having to have all that after having laddoos.  ðŸ˜†

Why?  

(Dosas and vadas are quite yummy, you know) ðŸ˜ƒ