India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Abbhas is the best at handling criticism

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
As much I hate Shyam I love and admire Abbhas Mehta, inspite of being at the receiving end of the fans he has never uttered much moreover I have heard him joking that his mom wants to break the TV when she sees him onscreen. He has also accepted the name "Snake" given by fans or haters. I truly admire the personality of Abbhas, he is a role model.

While on the other hand I see DB making a hill out of a mole, criticism of character is part & parcel in the profession chosen by her (though no one can defend hate mail unless and until it remains for the character and doesnt become personal). She is acting quite unprofessional as in the show she is approx 6 months pregnant with a flat tummy.

PS- mods may close the topic if found offensive.

The following 34 member(s) liked the above post:

komaltahsinrakeshbhoslermavadua_foreverirene95naidukakon_k09Potatoefreakimaginationsaranyamgsneet2012seoulbeatsdhivymamgainnaashi_Decent6ChorifascinationSyedaFaizajaswargikoinahipinkssDaRkPrInCeSscupcake-Barundeewani19abracadabralazybluesGeet24_Dazzling_smitarzaniaxChitraFOmNaMaSteOmmadsIllGetOverIpkGodhuliLogonJennyPenny

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
I'm sorry I think I missed something...what did DB do?

I mean i have issues with GH being unprofessional and lacking in PR skills but i'm lost on the DB issue...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pieryrose-chamkilli-

shobha52 Newbie
shobha52
shobha52

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
before actually watching her interview, I thought exactly like how you're thinking. But then I watched Daljeet's interview. Honestly, she seems pretty chill about the whole thing, but you can't blame her for being sensitive! 
Abhaas and Daljeet are two totally different people. He can take criticism well - not everyone can! Take a look at her interview. She never insulted or badmouthed the fans (which most people would have in her situation). She just asked them to stop with the hate mail. And she acknowledged that atleast viewers are being affected -- at the end of the day, isn't that what shows are all about?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rini_katpieryroseSankiPagal

kernal Senior Member
kernal
kernal

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
I agree that Abhas is amazing at handling the hate he receives for portraying Shyam. However it is important to note that he is the villian in the story. We love to hate him and the hate we have towards Shyam is in a way is our way of showing our love for Abhas. I think one of the reasons that Abhas is good at handling the negativity towards his character is because the negativity is in a sense a compliment for him. If he is able to generate such a passionate response from the viewers, it means that he is doing justice to his role.

On the other hand, Anjali is not the villian in the story, she is a victim of Shyam who is unable to see past the loving husband side of him. Daljit sees Anjali as the victim who is hurting whereas we see her as the person who constantly interrupts Arhi and cannot see her brother valuing someone more than her. I think that the reason Daljit is not as good as Abhas with the hate mail is probably because she never expected it. When we heard she might be quitting, people sent her mail to stop her and let her know she was loved. But soon as she become a "obstacle in Arhi's path, the tables turned against her. 

-Kernal

Edited by kernal - 18 July 2012 at 11:32pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity235pinksssanjanaarshirini_katdushturainSankiPagalGodhuliLogon

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nmyra

I mean i have issues with GH being unprofessional and lacking in PR skills but i'm lost on the DB issue...
She had asked for a greater chunk which is a well known fact moreover she is not even wearing a baby bump which is quite absurd and unprofessionalAngry
mahamluvsbs IF-Sizzlerz
mahamluvsbs
mahamluvsbs

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:32pm | IP Logged
i so agree abhaas is a gem of a person and even when people calls him names his characters he smiles n takes it!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dhivyGodhuliLogon

kernal Senior Member
kernal
kernal

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rukd

Originally posted by Nmyra

She had asked for a greater chunk which is a well known fact moreover she is not even wearing a baby bump which is quite absurd and unprofessionalAngry

I don't think you can blame DB for not wearing a baby bump. The PH should be more realistic about those things. Just because you are upset at DB for asking for a more active role in the show you cannot blame her for things that may not be up to her.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rini_kat

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shobha52

before actually watching her interview, I thought exactly like how you're thinking. But then I watched Daljeet's interview. Honestly, she seems pretty chill about the whole thing, but you can't blame her for being sensitive! 
Abhaas and Daljeet are two totally different people. He can take criticism well - not everyone can! Take a look at her interview. She never insulted or badmouthed the fans (which most people would have in her situation). She just asked them to stop with the hate mail. And she acknowledged that atleast viewers are being affected -- at the end of the day, isn't that what shows are all about?
See Daljeet is a sweet lady and it has been said time and again by her co-actors, but she has to accept the truth like Anjali that this show cannot revolve around her

Go to top