Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Bollywood encouraging ***holes? (Page 10)

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Okay so if I'm a fan of Salman, I support murders. If I listen to Sheila ki jawani, I am into masturbation. If I listen to any item song, I support gang rapes. If I watch a youth-centric show, I am a teenager who can't control her hormones. If I am a BW forum member, I am a sadist and a bitch with no values. 

Generalization taking to the extreme. Does it not refer back to those people who say it's those girls' fault for the rapes because they like to wear jeans and skirts?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMTboredsoulcs-07chocobearChameli_billi

chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayali_babes

Nothing personal. Just wanted to explore the word "hypocrisy".
P.S. No, not JUST the acts of sexual violence, BUT their apparent "inspirations", i.e., "raunchy item numbers" are being trashed with equal vigour here. So, in the concluding equation, People who enjoy item numbers+ Blame the same numbers for inciting perversion = Hypocrite(s).

WOW. Nice logic. I didn't knew that item numbers actually teach you rape and molestation.Sleepy What's wrong if a person likes Munni or sheila? Does that mean he is a rapist? No. If a girl loves the song Sheila does that mean she is okay with rape? NOOOSleepy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

boredsoul

BlackStar. IF-Sizzlerz
BlackStar.
BlackStar.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
There was a case in Mississauga previously, I can't remember clearly, where a police officer also stated that guys do things because girls act like s**ts or something.. I can't remember exactly.. He was trashed for it though, since whatever he said doesn't make sense..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sunshine797

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
The truth is for most people in the society whether in India, South Asia or Western countries females are objects. Objects to lust over, objects to cook and clean the house, objects to bear and rear children. Bollywood is a reflection of the society in general. But art forms like cinema, music can influence society.
I wish that Bollywood's influential people instead of making statements like 'We are here to entertain and not preach' understand the power they have in their hands and use it responsibly.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMTcs-07Chameli_billi.DontKnow.

chocobear IF-Rockerz
chocobear
chocobear

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
off topic post

Edited by chocobear - 19 July 2012 at 11:52pm
sayali_babes Goldie

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
sayali_babes Goldie

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Chameli_billi IF-Sizzlerz
Chameli_billi
Chameli_billi

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayali_babes

When you enjoy something, you legitimize it. And, looking at some of the comments here, clearly the ONLY purpose of item songs are to cater to perversion fantasies of men, which, by the way, the video(on the first page) also seeks to prove.

MY QUESTION: Why do you enjoy these songs when you clearly are of the opinion that they promote sexual violence? Gotthepointfolks. Ciao.

I did get your point. That however does not mean I have to like it or agree with it because you are making a completely high handed and ridiculous point. Just because I enjoy these songs ( I don't...just playing the devil's advocate here), I have to shut up and turn the other way when women get raped because of the influence these songs have on men?? And I should do so because I should be ashamed of being deemed a hypocrite? Huh? Are you listening to yourself talk? You make no sense amiga. 

Secondly, who died and made you God? Why are you the appointed (self) moral authority here when you come to this forum to post yourself? Now who's being a hypocrite? Silly

As far as legitimizing of something goes just because one enjoys doing that activity...hmmm...let's see...I watch po*n. That does not mean I would be okay with my future kids watching po*n at age 10. And no...stopping them from watching po*n would not make me a hypocritical mother either. There is a time, age and place for everything. Quit painting everything with the same brush just because they do not match your ideals.

Edited by Dexterkichokri. - 20 July 2012 at 12:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07.shona.

Go to top