India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Bhabho's characterisation

kanak. Senior Member
kanak.
kanak.

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Bhabho is one of my most disliked characters ever on TV. I have see many Tyrant MILs but this lady something else. Someone I can't relate to or understand at all. She can never had a normal conversation with anyone.

What I dislike the most about Babho is that she brought it to the notice of the entire family that Suraj and Sandhya have not consummated their marriage. The entire thing was so disgusting to even witness as a viewer, I can't imagine what humiliation a couple must feel about their personal matter being discussed in front of the every member in the family. I can never like this character, no amount of love for her son can justify putting a young couple through that humiliation.

Now worse still as much as she wants them to consummate their marriage, she has a huge problem seeing them share small romantic moments. She is not letting the love blossom. Does it make any sense? She wants daughter-in-laws to respect their husbands, in other words her sons while she is 24x7 insulting her own husband in front of everyone, outsiders, maids and servants included. Such a regressive unrelatable character with no rational thinking.

I see a lot of people say they like her. To each his own but I wonder how many of them could actually live with her.

Note : One of the recent thread has been taken off due to offensive language. Even if we do not like anyone, there is always a better of putting that across. Please refrain for abusive language.

Edited by kanak. - 18 July 2012 at 8:09pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anush-k-aleo4ever

Anush-k-a Groupbie
Anush-k-a
Anush-k-a

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kanak.

Bhabho is one of my most disliked characters ever on TV. I have see many Tyrant MILs but this lady something else. Someone I can't relate to or understand at all. She can never had a normal conversation with anyone.

she is an illiterate old women born & brought up in a poor village. Compared to her MIL Maasa she is very generous to Sandhya I say.(before praising Maasa remember the tortures she gave to Sandhya. Bhabho is not that cruel)

What I dislike the most about Babho is that she brought it to the notice of the entire family that Suraj and Sandhya have not consummated their marriage.

It was the mistake of Sandhya, not Bhabho. If Sandhya was so pure, why she didn't give answer to Bhabho the? She was fond of defending Maasa... It is disgustng that she dint have a relation too long after mariiage & Bhabho surely has the right to question her. But a play in front of the whole family, I also cannot digest. that was a mistake. But that is not a reason to hate someone. We can hate mistakes, but hating a person for the mistake he/she did is so cruel. We can teach them to rectify mistakes & that is what Sandhya is doing and Bhabho is silently accepting all those. Bhabho has a minimum dignity to accept her faults...before commenting on that please remember old episodes. I cant quote every scene to prove that. But it can be proved.

The entire thing was so disgusting to even witness as a viewer, I can't imagine what humiliation a couple must feel about their personal matter being discussed in front of the every member in the family. I can never like this character, no amount of love for her son can justify putting a young couple through that humiliation.

Sounds true. but do you think the way Sandhya treated Suraj was genuine before the accident track? she didn't even bother to serve him food till then. it was Meena or bhabho who used to do it all.

Now worse still as much as she wants them to consummate their marriage, she has a huge problem seeing them share small romantic moments.

When???????? I'm watching the show right from 1st episode... I've never felt that. What she means is "do your duty, that is your beauty"...but her way of talk is different. She never means to hurt anyone. If we feel so, it is because we have a preconception image of a typical Indian MIL & we see Bhabho from that view only. Come out of that & see what she is... I found her so good compared to any other MIL

She is not letting the love blossom. Does it make any sense? She wants daughter-in-laws to respect their husbands, in other words her sons while she is 24x7 insulting her own husband in front of everyone, outsiders, maids and servants included. Such a regressive unrelatable character with no rational thinking.

If you are following DABH regularly, I'm sure you can find a lot of difference in Bhabho @ starting & Bhabho at present. She has melted. She is not anymore a tyrant. Bhabho has moved a lot in her new path. She only told the other day to Dhaaisa we should change ourselves as the era itself has changed.

I see a lot of people say they like her. To each his own but I wonder how many of them could actually live with her.

She is outspoken, I agree.  But she loves & cares her family than anyone else do. I'm sure Bhabho has cried more in DABH than Sandhya did and that was from the bottom of her heart.

Note : One of the recent thread has been taken off due to offensive language. Even if we do not like anyone, there is always a better of putting that across. Please refrain for abusive language.

before you again hate Bhabho read this article "Bhabho's life untold" by June_Anne_Mary & think at least once whether a fragile hearted lady will turn bitter or not for what she suffered...do you expect her to be normal when she is living with an impact from all these?? I don't expect that.

also go through the conversations between breezy, June_Anne_Mary, onceinlove and -TomNJerry- from Sati, Savitri aur Sandhya, pages 7, 12,13 &15 

as JAM said, DABh is not only the journey of Suraj & Sabdhya, but also of Bhabho to the new era & Im sure she is changing  a lot these days... The problem is we watch DABH also with the same mentality we have towards other soaps. if we come out of that & view from a different angle, we'll find something new. Its my experience. It is all about a journey to right from wrong, travelled by a number of average people. no one is perfect in  the world. but we should give them the time to rectify their mistakes & that concept only made me fall in live with DABH, especially Bhabho..

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

anikafan2012quarkyRSKMvish.narenfarhana874l-NiklausFan-lSAIBALROUTHwestindian

kanak. Senior Member
kanak.
kanak.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
@Anush-k-a Though I do not agree much here. But I like the way you put your thoughts forward instead of making opinionated posts, arguing and passing judgments at me, you gave your point of view. Thanks :)

Edited by kanak. - 19 July 2012 at 12:19am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Anush-k-a

vish.naren IF-Dazzler
vish.naren
vish.naren

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anush-k-a

as JAM said, DABh is not only the journey of Suraj & Sabdhya, but also of Bhabho to the new era & Im sure she is changing  a lot these days... The problem is we watch DABH also with the same mentality we have towards other soaps. if we come out of that & view from a different angle, we'll find something new. Its my experience. It is all about a journey to right from wrong, travelled by a number of average people. no one is perfect in  the world. but we should give them the time to rectify their mistakes & that concept only made me fall in live with DABH, especially Bhabho..

Embarrassed Well said, Bhabho need to be looked up in a different angle!

and happy u quoted it with links, i will be more than glad to read them! Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anush-k-aquarkySAIBALROUTH

bud2012 Senior Member
bud2012
bud2012

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:00am | IP Logged

@Kanak. : Yes I followed the thread that u are talking about , they have not used any offensive and abusive Language , No one need to refrain their language , I liked their opinions coolmausam, Anush-k-a , _srija_ , have tried to explain the thing , thy could not do anything if the person arguing is not trying to listen what the other is saying, So dats the reason they ignored single statement persons ..  people are doing criticism from the way from CVs and hitting at Characters ,  

Please People take out ur Frustration at some other better place , not on the people who are trying to explain the story .. Still , Not satisfied with answers of Forum Members ,  Stern Smile Ermm  Yes Like one post said better to communicate with PH they will give answer , in their Style .. 

@Anush-k-a : Yes Bhabo is a Character representing  a Typical Indian Saasu Ma . Till the preface that we viewers and Bhabo had , i disliked her at Non-Consummation SurYa Marriage reveal, the rest of time she is fine in all in her way .. 

I Liked ur Reply here too , Ur Reply was Shoot it Right at the Target ...  Clap Star

I Agree to ur POV  Thumbs Up Clap Thumbs Up  Star

Also Round of applause to coolmausam and  _srija_ on that Thread Clap Thumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Anush-k-aquarkySAIBALROUTH

kanak. Senior Member
kanak.
kanak.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bud2012

@Kanak. : Yes I followed the thread that u are talking about , they have not used any offensive and abusive Language , No one need to refrain their language , I liked their opinions coolmausam, Anush-k-a , _srija_ , have tried to explain the thing , thy could not do anything if the person arguing is not trying to listen what the other is saying, So dats the reason they ignored single statement persons ..  people are doing criticism from the way from CVs and hitting at Characters ,  

Please People take out ur Frustration at some other better place , not on the people who are trying to explain the story .. Still , Not satisfied with answers of Forum Members ,  Stern Smile Ermm  Yes Like one post said better to communicate with PH they will give answer , in their Style ..

Also Round of applause to coolmausam and  _srija_ on that Thread Clap Thumbs Up

What are you talking about??? The thread I mentioned has been taken OFF it does not exist on the forum, in that one posters were swearing at Bhabho. I did not take any names. Why are you calling me frustrated.

This is ridiculous. I want Admins to tell me if we have a right to post here on not. Why are members provoking and picking on me for no reason. They do not read or understand the context and jump on you. Someone comes and locks the thread. Is that matter over? Sorry to say but this is ridiculous behavior. Is a normal conversation possible on this forum?

@breezy , @BhartiKhushi909 , @b2011 , @--Ramyaks-- , @Dhruvie , @-Nadii- Can anyone of you tell me what I have done to receive such wonderful treatment here. You can look at all my previous posts in this forum. I have not argued, not bashed, nothing yet I feel like people want to thrown me out. If that how things work here please let me know. If you do things to protect sentiments of old members then new members also deserve a similar treatment. One of the worst experiences of all forums that exist here.

Edited by kanak. - 19 July 2012 at 3:31am
bud2012 Senior Member
bud2012
bud2012

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged

I have Not taken u as Frustrated ,..  Read My Post Clearly  Wacko

kanak. Senior Member
kanak.
kanak.

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:36am | IP Logged
I think you need to read what you have written first. I am not the person what was in argument with people you are applauding. Secondly my note for the thread that got deleted due to swearing. So why are you tell me all that stuff.

Go to top