Armu4eva

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
  • 19 Jul 2012
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Kavita Awaasthi [email protected]

'DIDN'T CASH IN ON ANANDI'

Fifteen-year-old Avika Gor, better known as the child-bride on Balika
Vadhu, says she's a workaholic, is set to enter celeb dance show

I didn't (play a grown up on Balika Vadhu) because there were some intimate scenes and I was 12 or 13.
—Actor Avika Gor

Audiences still remember you as the child-bride Anandi. Don't you think you should have taken a break after Balika Vadhu before taking on mature roles?

No, I never felt that. Young cricketers keep playing the sport from a tender age till they make it. They don't take breaks. My relationship with acting is similar. I want to keep acting no matter what roles I get. But having seen you play Anandi, isn't it tough for the audience to set that image aside? I realise that people, at times, can't look beyond Anandi when it comes to me. And many people have told me I should have continued playing the grown-up character in the show. I didn't because there were some intimate scenes, which I wouldn't have been comfortable doing, as I was 12 or 13 at that time. I am playing a married 18-year-old woman in Sasuraal Simar Ka (SSK) on TV, but I haven't done intimate scenes nor will I do so in the future. The writers on the show know I am 15, so if they want any such scenes, they will have to take a leap (laughs). Child actors hardly get good roles once they grow up. Did you take up the grown-up role in SSK because you wanted to cash in on Anandi's image? There were several offers, so I didn't need to cash in on Anandi. Fans who used to comment on how cute I was as Anandi on my blog, now send comments saying they love me as Roli in SSK. When it was offered to me, I knew it was a challenge. I had to play an 18-year-old girl and had to work hard on the body language and maturity of the character. Now you have taken on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa (JDJ) as well. I always wanted to do JDJ, but I only managed to get a chance now. I am excited and not at all nervous about participating in it. I am confident and bindaas about everything in life. I am like a boy. I am not scared of anything and if I am unable to do something, my parents have my back. What is the compulsion to take on so much work? Why not? I get good opportunities and I can manage it. Moreover, it isn't work, but fun. For example, a few months ago, I was shooting for Kalpana Lajmi's Kaanch where I play a 14-year-village girl. I was also shooting for SSK simultaneously. Now that the film has wrapped up, I will be doing JDJ and SSK. Of course, I also have to deal with my 10th standard exams this year, but I know my capabilities.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monu_tan.Nabi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HT[M]- Did not cash in on Anandi-Avika" in Sasural Simar Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

presim

Goldie

presim

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 9:56pm | IP Logged
Nice answerers Avika!!!!!!!!!congrats to ur confidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tweety8

Goldie

tweety8

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Nice Interview ...SmileAvika is really talented and a very sweet person...Tongue

kinny_ranvir

Goldie

kinny_ranvir

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 6:26am | IP Logged
very good...
Avika is good as ROLI...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top