Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

   
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Spice Girls Hangout:How I met my wife! (Page 5)

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Joined: 19 February 2012
Posts: 3279

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MentalExotica

Yaar SGs you guys write so much that my thoughts drain out by the time I read all the posts, all beautifully and well written.

I feel there is nothing left for me to comment

I just want to see ASR wear a red saree if it's time for some reverse gear rabba-ve

RED SAREE TOH BANTA HAI BOSS, DEKHNA HAI TOH DEKHO LOLLOL



Oye.. you trolling or stalking :p

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MentalExoticaipkbs

savvy05 IF-Rockerz
savvy05
savvy05

Joined: 12 January 2012
Posts: 5701

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
@Veeps, lovely post explaining Khushi's monologue with her DM. ClapYes, she is hurt but not angry.

The reactions in this forum have been varied to Khushi's rebuffing Arnav's gestures.  As this is the SG thread and we do welcome and discuss all viewpoints I am going to put forth mine.Big smile

Its been only 3 days since Arnav has been trying to pacify Khushi. For 3 months Khushi harassed Arnav  begging/yelling/pleading to get to the bottom of why he married her and  he refused to budge an inch. I am not saying this is tit for tat. Khushi  had no clue as to what the reason for the marriage was and his hate towards her, Arnav on the other hand knows the reason - when he asked for forgiveness and she did not agree he took the refuge of contract marriage - her very words "how can you think about our marriage being a contract after what we have been through" should have given him a pretty clear idea that she is hurt.

So her reaction is not baseless and without reason, when viewers can understand ASR without monologues why not give the same benefit of doubt to Khushi after seeing the incidents play out Wink

Joey raised a very valid question on why ASR is not spending time with his sister. This is where I think the PH was forced to play this track because A&K immediately came home after the napping drama. From that we jumped into Shyam's reveal, if instead of this A&K track they had gone to Arnav/Anjali track there would be major kolaveri  against the show and more towards Anjali because it would compromise on Arnav-Khushi time. I feel that had no option but to put in this track amidst the drama.



Edited by savvy05 - 18 July 2012 at 7:34pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

celamoonlight99Julie0001-Maggie--Pallavi-docgirlmeens80stg1-monalisa-soapsudsshowstruck.Mandy.DiyaSipkbs

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Joined: 19 February 2012
Posts: 3279

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

@Joey .. How much do you love DDLJ? So many references? I loved it too. But, what has happened to SRK. Smoking is indeed injurious to health.

Loved your take. Story us missing because they tried to shift gear from all tense and sad and Rona dhona I guess. It needs to come back.

SRK makes me wanna vomit. Kajol on the other hand.. Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99showstruckMentalExotica

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Joined: 30 January 2012
Posts: 5756

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by MentalExotica

Yaar SGs you guys write so much that my thoughts drain out by the time I read all the posts, all beautifully and well written.

I feel there is nothing left for me to comment

I just want to see ASR wear a red saree if it's time for some reverse gear rabba-ve

RED SAREE TOH BANTA HAI BOSS, DEKHNA HAI TOH DEKHO LOLLOL



Oye.. you trolling or stalking :p

ab jab aap itne ache posts likhte ho toh stalking toh karne ka padi

aur special kisses for the post..

you guys re-instill my faith in humanity and sanity! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

joenet1234soapsudsipkbs

-monalisa- IF-Rockerz
-monalisa-
-monalisa-

Joined: 14 March 2008
Posts: 6064

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by savvy05

@Veeps, lovely post explaining Khushi's monologue with her DM. ClapYes, she is hurt but not angry.

The reactions in this forum have been varied to Khushi's rebuffing Arnav's gestures.  As this is the SG thread and we do welcome and discuss all viewpoints I am going to put forth mine.Big smile

Its been only 3 days since Arnav has been trying to pacify Khushi. For 3 months Khushi harassed Arnav  begging/yelling/pleading to get to the bottom of why he married her and  he refused to budge an inch. I am not saying this is tit for tat. Khushi  had no clue as to what the reason for the marriage was and his hate towards her, Arnav on the other hand knows the reason - when he asked for forgiveness and she did not agree he took the refuge of contract marriage - her very words "how can you think about our marriage being a contract after what we have been through" should have given him a pretty clear idea that she is hurt.

So her reaction is not baseless and without reason, when viewers can understand ASR without monologues why not give the same benefit of doubt to Khushi after seeing the incidents play out Wink

Joey raised a very valid question on why ASR is not spending time with his sister. This is where I think the PH was forced to play this track because A&K immediately came home after the napping drama. From that we jumped into Shyam's reveal, if instead of this A&K track they had gone to Arnav/Anjali track there would be major kolaveri  against the show and more towards Anjali because it would compromise on Arnav-Khushi time. I feel that had no option but to put in this track amidst the drama.


Yeggjactly Savvyji!!  Totally awesome post! Clap

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

cela-Maggie-soapsudsshowstrucksavvy05MentalExotica.Mandy.ipkbs

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Joined: 02 June 2009
Posts: 1932

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by veeps



 
Arnie boy, is slowly loosing his patience and Khushi declining the gift, he all but throws at her, triggers the temper. I have not given you the option of saying no. I selected it for you, it is my favorite color and I ordered it for you. I got it for you, how can you not like it? You can't refuse this.
 
And then sadda haq... wear it!! A stern demand, before he remembers NK's advice on sweetness and love and the demand promptly changes into a gentle command.. I want to see you in this saree...
 


Veeps this was really well said. I think that the dialogue writer needs to bring this logic into the narrative. You have beautifully pointed out what should bother Khushi and that is ASR's trademark self-absorption, especially in a moment of passion. But does it bother her, or just us?

 Khushi's monologue was missing some very important transition words, or coordinating conjunctions. Is she saying that she is not angry (as anger is a fleeting emotion) but actually deeply hurt (a stronger feeling) and cannot forget (another very strong emotion) Arnav's words soon?

This then makes sense. She is beyond angry, but deeply hurt and can't forget it. Good, no one expects her to so easily. Her behavior matches this mind-frame.   But the dialogue writers appear to write half-sentences for her. And then the cryptic, "some things change"  and "some things don't"  Again there needs to be some words to explain the state of her mind.


Edited by Julie0001 - 18 July 2012 at 7:41pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99-Maggie-showstruck--Sari--soapsuds.Mandy.DiyaSipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Joined: 11 November 2011
Posts: 7380

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by showstruck

@Joey .. How much do you love DDLJ? So many references? I loved it too. But, what has happened to SRK. Smoking is indeed injurious to health.

Loved your take. Story us missing because they tried to shift gear from all tense and sad and Rona dhona I guess. It needs to come back.

SRK makes me wanna vomit. Kajol on the other hand.. Smile


I know about SRK. There is no one in BW I like at this moment. I guess that's another reason why I like IPK so much. BW nehi to Telly wood sahi.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkbs

purplenpink Goldie
purplenpink
purplenpink

Joined: 06 January 2012
Posts: 2303

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 7:43pm | IP Logged

Rabba Ve lovely ladies! Late to the hangout today and need to leave again soon as it is a quick brekkie.

 

Sari lovely post and a perfect titleThumbs Up Indeed the highlight today was the last minutes of the epi as Arnav recounts to his unlikely partner how it all started. Loved BS's expressions there- the faraway look in his eyes, the tone of his voice sometimes wistful, sometimes matter of fact i.e. absolutely perfect!

 

The whole sequence a delightful recap and reminder why this 'love story' continues to enthrall and engage. There haven't been too many of those romantic moments in the sense that NK was looking for and the leads have been shown more apart than together, yet the love is pervasive to their story.

 

Rewinding to the start of the epi, I liked the ASR glimpse as he gives her the saree and in his somewhat self-centered mind is rightfully upset when she doesn't fawn over it. Who knew wooing the lady would be such hard work eh ASR? And that too when he had ticked all the boxes this time- he selected it, his favorite color, he bought it and then even gifted - ok maybe didn't exactly gift it but whatever!!

 

Bought the saree but couldn't buy the smile. Ouch that hurt wifey, that really did. Below the belt? Not really considering his vitriolic words not too long ago but it still hurt.

 

I kinda sorta understood Khushi's monologue but wish it was presented a bit more succinctly. Actually scratch that. Why an internal monologue? Why not spell it out to the hubby in plain words? I realize and identify with the expectation that he should know and understand but see clearly that isn't happening..

 

Ok on to the Payal-Akaash track and I'll stick my neck out on this one and say for the first time I see potential here. I think what we are seeing right now is him thinking of Khushi as the third wheel between him and Payal. Perhaps a probable issue when two sisters are married into the same family? I'll reserve judgement on what he thinks of Khushi's role in the whole Shyam fiasco because don't think this is about that..yet.

 

Loved Payal today; yes indeed some things need to be sorted out by you alone and it is time to build your identity outside of being Khushi's sister. Now please retain that attitude as you confront that idiot errr pati.

 

Anjali- neither Chotte nor inhe can be wrong so what can it be? CVs if it has to be Khushi then let's untangle all the uljhans quickly and move on with it..

 

The pre-cap: let's see how this plays out but CVs tread carefully here. I know the intent is to make Khushi smile but please do not. I repeat do not mess with ASR's character.

 

The NK-Arnav bromance is turning out to be quite an awesome riot and a perfect foil for the drama in other quartersClap

 

No pressure there but CVs you do realize there is that one outstanding promo that needs to play out?

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99-Maggie-Julie0001docgirlmeens80Rag1nishowstrucksavvy05premparbat--Sari--soapsuds.Mandy.DiyaS-Vee05-ipkbs

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Wonderful Scene- Khushi Is Arnav's Wife

Author: Khilonaa   Replies: 5   Views: 3806

Khilonaa 5 3806 06 December 2011 at 1:04pm by minuu
Sushpective:Arhi inject spice into Payash Story!!

2 3 4 5

Author: -Sush-   Replies: 38   Views: 5601

-Sush- 38 5601 30 November 2011 at 11:14pm by sbk2
Khushi's Babuji and Manorma Mami Husband-Wife! LOL

Author: ArnavKhushiLove   Replies: 0   Views: 878

ArnavKhushiLove 0 878 25 November 2011 at 5:33am by ArnavKhushiLove
Barun-Sanaya as husban wife in dulux ad!

Author: UltimateBarun   Replies: 0   Views: 1179

UltimateBarun 0 1179 21 November 2011 at 7:17am by UltimateBarun
show has lost its spice!

2 3

Author: neelamra   Replies: 17   Views: 2696

neelamra 17 2696 18 August 2011 at 4:43am by ananya2000

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index