Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:How I met my wife! (Page 34)

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

Yougaiz, did you see this?
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3100287
How awesome are Punjabis!
Let's have more TRP meters there !

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Rag1nisoapsudsPr1yankaDiyaS

-monalisa- IF-Rockerz
-monalisa-
-monalisa-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rag1ni

So yesterday's episode was sweet(ish). The Nanav-Nanku bromance was sweet. Payal was kind of badass(ish). There was no maami. And Anjali was sedated before things got out of control. What is not to like, yes? But I was still dissatisfied. And of course, the reason for that has to be Khushi. Yes, it is ALWAYS her fault: D

I know this may upset Gul Khanji and most of IF, but while ASR might make my heart sing, I only feel invested in the story when I get Khushi. The day Khushi makes no sense, even an otherwise perfectly good episode leaves me feeling unhappy. Let Khushi be drama queen, angry, hurt, sad, annoyed, deliriously happy, whatever, but let her make sense, please. But na, they have to constantly mess with her character. And a lot of times they seem to do that just to make someone else look good (or not so bad).

So when Arnav is douchey, make Khushi do some crazy antics, just to divert attention. When Anjali is losing it, make Khushi give her gyaan so that she tries to stab her baby and do a quick fix abortion. Yesterday Khushi was made to do ridiculous things so that Akash appeared less doucehy (sadly, fixing Akash requires more than that). Yaar, matlab kya bakwaas hain boss?!

Let us consider the greatest (okay, not the greatest, but a pretty good one) love story, Darcy and Lizzie. Now women are all in love with Darcy, but they still get to see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie. Of course, ASR is no Darcy and Khushi is anything but Lizzie (I mean among other things, she doesn't have that sense of irony.. but that might be a Lucknow versus English thing), but still going with this example (because Gauti Bhaiya also seems to have grandeurs that he is retelling P&P). Now even for a rather intelligent woman, Lizzie was prone to being mildly petulant and had a meltdown or two. Yes, the pride and prejudice were hers after all' something that Khushi too 'suffers' from. For instance, Lizzie was much for forgiving of Bingley for being 'so rich' but somehow that same quality in Darcy was equated to misplaced pride. Reverse snobbery much, yes? So if we all see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie, who she doesn't have a favourable opinion of, how is that, we are able to fall in love with Darcy and understand Lizzie simultaneously? Ya, ya, it is blasphemy to compare Jane Austen with anyone, let alone desi TV soap writers, but ab shuru kar diya toh baat toh khatam toh karoon. Lizzie was sometimes even borderline annoying (there I said it!), but one would always root for her. Unless of course you watched that horror desi interpretation of Lizzie (Bride & prejudice). But then you have lost half your battle there when you cast Aishwarya Rai (*snort*) to play Lizzie. I am just saying, stop messing with Lizzie, so that I can continue to love Mr Dracy, okay? Okay.

I also am not liking this whole justification by Daljeet and gang. I am bored, bored, bored. All this "I work so hard" blah is so blah. Not like you are a sugarcane farmer in Uttar Pradesh who does all the work only to have the monsoon fail and lose his crops. Now THAT is poignant, you know, where extraordinary efforts seem to have no correlation with the actual payoffs. The rest of the people are just doing their work. And I know accepting a take-down of something you love is tough, let alone something that you created, but come now, deal with it. That is all.

Today the parental unit have their day off (matlab Ragini ka stress walla day). So we are going to watch Anand. You know because when your teenhood crush dies, you need to watch him die in reel life for actual closure. Who said parents need to make sense?! Zindagi kaisi yeh paheli, haye!

PS: Kuch zyada ho gaya, na? Koyi nahin.

Speechless!!! Whatay take Raginiji! Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Hriju321Rag1nisoapsudsPr1yanka

ASADsweetZOYA IF-Sizzlerz
ASADsweetZOYA
ASADsweetZOYA

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 4:21am | IP Logged
Clapawesome post dear
loved reading it...Star

i must say a well balanced rocking awesome episode over all in all the sense..Clap.including fun, romance, hurt, sad, cute, everything...hats off 2 cvs...Star
NK.nannv scenes i loved it 2 the core.Big smile...now i cant think a episode without Nk actually,.Smile..
i wish he'll stay 4ever in ipkknd...Smile

ipkknd rockkksssStar

i am not writing more about our Hotti...Embarrassed
LOLomg...i cant believe this...the precap...was that our almighty ASR??ShockedROFL

but still he is wearing the same brown suit which he was wearing when khushi was hiding in the wardrobe..LOL.their love story changed..Embarrassed..ASR changed..Shocked...but this rich man is still wearing the same shirts...LOL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rag1ni--Sari--

-monalisa- IF-Rockerz
-monalisa-
-monalisa-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Yoohoo!!! Koi hai? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Vee05-

soapsuds IF-Rockerz
soapsuds
soapsuds

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:11am | IP Logged

hi  manishaHug

couldn't manage to be here earlier. Can't on most days.
Was just reading the thread over my coffee break. Today looks manageableWink only 34 pagesTongue

Pr1yanka

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Good morning all - A slow day on the hangout, how did that happen?Shocked Off to catch up...

-monalisa-

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -monalisa-

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#000066">Yoohoo!!! Koi hai?</font>

Hai na! Ippy is here... LOL

-monalisa-Pr1yanka

-monalisa- IF-Rockerz
-monalisa-
-monalisa-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapsuds

hi  manishaHug

couldn't manage to be here earlier. Can't on most days.
Was just reading the thread over my coffee break. Today looks manageableWink only 34 pagesTongue

Hi Biraj!! Hug
I had a perfect storm at home last night and couldn't be here for every long.  Looks like the 300th wasn't  really everything everyone was pretending it was. Wink

soapsudsPr1yanka

Go to top