Spice Girls Hangout:How I met my wife! - Page 26

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by -Jamba-

Meetoo Meetoo Meetoo Meetoo Meetoo Meetoo Meetoo Meetoo!!

Awww, thanks guys ... have been run off my feet with summer holidays and planning for my second child to fly the nest ... will probably only return in September when I'm an empty nester and have all the time in the world 😛
Originally posted by Rag1ni

So yesterday's episode was sweet(ish). The Nanav-Nanku bromance was sweet. Payal was kind of badass(ish). There was no maami. And Anjali was sedated before things got out of control. What is not to like, yes? But I was still dissatisfied. And of course, the reason for that has to be Khushi. Yes, it is ALWAYS her fault: D

I know this may upset Gul Khanji and most of IF, but while ASR might make my heart sing, I only feel invested in the story when I get Khushi. The day Khushi makes no sense, even an otherwise perfectly good episode leaves me feeling unhappy. Let Khushi be drama queen, angry, hurt, sad, annoyed, deliriously happy, whatever, but let her make sense, please. But na, they have to constantly mess with her character. And a lot of times they seem to do that just to make someone else look good (or not so bad).

So when Arnav is douchey, make Khushi do some crazy antics, just to divert attention. When Anjali is losing it, make Khushi give her gyaan so that she tries to stab her baby and do a quick fix abortion. Yesterday Khushi was made to do ridiculous things so that Akash appeared less doucehy (sadly, fixing Akash requires more than that). Yaar, matlab kya bakwaas hain boss?!

Let us consider the greatest (okay, not the greatest, but a pretty good one) love story, Darcy and Lizzie. Now women are all in love with Darcy, but they still get to see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie. Of course, ASR is no Darcy and Khushi is anything but Lizzie (I mean among other things, she doesn't have that sense of irony.. but that might be a Lucknow versus English thing), but still going with this example (because Gauti Bhaiya also seems to have grandeurs that he is retelling P&P). Now even for a rather intelligent woman, Lizzie was prone to being mildly petulant and had a meltdown or two. Yes, the pride and prejudice were hers after all' something that Khushi too 'suffers' from. For instance, Lizzie was much for forgiving of Bingley for being 'so rich' but somehow that same quality in Darcy was equated to misplaced pride. Reverse snobbery much, yes? So if we all see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie, who she doesn't have a favourable opinion of, how is that, we are able to fall in love with Darcy and understand Lizzie simultaneously? Ya, ya, it is blasphemy to compare Jane Austen with anyone, let alone desi TV soap writers, but ab shuru kar diya toh baat toh khatam toh karoon. Lizzie was sometimes even borderline annoying (there I said it!), but one would always root for her. Unless of course you watched that horror desi interpretation of Lizzie (Bride & prejudice). But then you have lost half your battle there when you cast Aishwarya Rai (*snort*) to play Lizzie. I am just saying, stop messing with Lizzie, so that I can continue to love Mr Dracy, okay? Okay.

I also am not liking this whole justification by Daljeet and gang. I am bored, bored, bored. All this "I work so hard" blah is so blah. Not like you are a sugarcane farmer in Uttar Pradesh who does all the work only to have the monsoon fail and lose his crops. Now THAT is poignant, you know, where extraordinary efforts seem to have no correlation with the actual payoffs. The rest of the people are just doing their work. And I know accepting a take-down of something you love is tough, let alone something that you created, but come now, deal with it. That is all.

Today the parental unit have their day off (matlab Ragini ka stress walla day). So we are going to watch Anand. You know because when your teenhood crush dies, you need to watch him die in reel life for actual closure. Who said parents need to make sense?! Zindagi kaisi yeh paheli, haye!

PS: Kuch zyada ho gaya, na? Koyi nahin.

Rags, super P&P special... I agree with veeps, whatever GH's delusions of grandeur about his work, this was never P&P - not ASR and certainly not Khushi. Didn't Gulji say that their stories are from the PoV of the hero? P&P is Lizzie's view of Darcy and maybe this is ASR's view of Khushi? Would explain why it's so screwed up sometimes. That Jekyll and Hyde thing at work. 

As for the cast and crew...best not to read or watch what they have to say. Makes the show more enjoyable. 

Watching Anand will make you feel better, despite the ending! 😃

Just had to come back and post this...Just reminded me of everything IPKish...They better stop pleasing everyone and just go with the story telling! 😃

Rabba Ve, all  🤗  . See you at  Thursday's hangout

So when Arnav is douchey, make Khushi do some crazy antics, just to divert attention. When Anjali is losing it, make Khushi give her gyaan so that she tries to stab her baby and do a quick fix abortion. Yesterday Khushi was made to do ridiculous things so that Akash appeared less doucehy (sadly, fixing Akash requires more than that). Yaar, matlab kya bakwaas hain boss?!

Rags, that scene was horribly written. We know where this is heading but this scene could have been handled a lot whole better.
Good night girls...

Sheila and Vee love your DP...and also love what you before going tata...

So yesterday's episode was sweet(ish). The Nanav-Nanku bromance was sweet. Payal was kind of badass(ish). There was no maami. And Anjali was sedated before things got out of control. What is not to like, yes? But I was still dissatisfied. And of course, the reason for that has to be Khushi. Yes, it is ALWAYS her fault: D

I know this may upset Gul Khanji and most of IF, but while ASR might make my heart sing, I only feel invested in the story when I get Khushi. The day Khushi makes no sense, even an otherwise perfectly good episode leaves me feeling unhappy. Let Khushi be drama queen, angry, hurt, sad, annoyed, deliriously happy, whatever, but let her make sense, please. But na, they have to constantly mess with her character. And a lot of times they seem to do that just to make someone else look good (or not so bad).

Let us consider the greatest (okay, not the greatest, but a pretty good one) love story, Darcy and Lizzie. Now women are all in love with Darcy, but they still get to see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie. Of course, ASR is no Darcy and Khushi is anything but Lizzie (I mean among other things, she doesn't have that sense of irony.. but that might be a Lucknow versus English thing), but still going with this example (because Gauti Bhaiya also seems to have grandeurs that he is retelling P&P). Now even for a rather intelligent woman, Lizzie was prone to being mildly petulant and had a meltdown or two. Yes, the pride and prejudice were hers after all' something that Khushi too 'suffers' from. For instance, Lizzie was much for forgiving of Bingley for being 'so rich' but somehow that same quality in Darcy was equated to misplaced pride. Reverse snobbery much, yes? So if we all see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie, who she doesn't have a favourable opinion of, how is that, we are able to fall in love with Darcy and understand Lizzie simultaneously? Ya, ya, it is blasphemy to compare Jane Austen with anyone, let alone desi TV soap writers, but ab shuru kar diya toh baat toh khatam toh karoon. Lizzie was sometimes even borderline annoying (there I said it!), but one would always root for her. Unless of course you watched that horror desi interpretation of Lizzie (Bride & prejudice). But then you have lost half your battle there when you cast Aishwarya Rai (*snort*) to play Lizzie. I am just saying, stop messing with Lizzie, so that I can continue to love Mr Dracy, okay? Okay.

I also am not liking this whole justification by Daljeet and gang. I am bored, bored, bored. All this "I work so hard" blah is so blah. Not like you are a sugarcane farmer in Uttar Pradesh who does all the work only to have the monsoon fail and lose his crops. Now THAT is poignant, you know, where extraordinary efforts seem to have no correlation with the actual payoffs. The rest of the people are just doing their work. And I know accepting a take-down of something you love is tough, let alone something that you created, but come now, deal with it. That is all.

Today the parental unit have their day off (matlab Ragini ka stress walla day). So we are going to watch Anand. You know because when your teenhood crush dies, you need to watch him die in reel life for actual closure. Who said parents need to make sense?! Zindagi kaisi yeh paheli, haye!

Wow... reading this is much better than Nannav-NK romance also 😛

CVs are also confused now on what expression Khushi should give. Till then we get SP bahu. 

Another funny thing I noticed in Daljeet-Akshay interview is, she started saying that "My husband has gone out (not in station or something she said) and I am getting so many hate mails". 😆 Playing Anjali has taken a toll on her 😆

What a write up...👏

But...I am getting upset seeing you in this mood...I didnt think going to Anjali and talking to her was as bad as what she did today...Anjali is in a vulnarable condition, how could khushi ask Akash to go for a vacation? She is more sensible than that...GH messed up...but can anyone point that to him, NO? But, I think he is not even worth talking too. They do mess up khushi's character a lot...something they don't dare to do with ASR..handsome bhaiya might be one of the reasons but CVs should stop that. I thought Nissar said tell the story from the girls point of view but our girl is being neglected aqain and again...
Originally posted by reguser

Wow... reading this is much better than Nannav-NK romance also 😛

CVs are also confused now on what expression Khushi should give. Till then we get SP bahu. 

Another funny thing I noticed in Daljeet-Akshay interview is, she started saying that "My husband has gone out (not in station or something she said) and I am getting so many hate mails". 😆 Playing Anjali has taken a toll on her 😆
she is immature but what kinda audience send hate mails?

Nice long post dear...yes Khushi is now proving to be confusing ... ASR was Darcy so we could get him! Khushi has been at the best of times a combination of Elizabeth + Eliza dolittle and SP bahu... so this facet of hers is difficult to understand... my understanding is that she is finally looking for love/assurance from someone that she has haq over -- her family has been adopted so she never had haq... and she is showing how she wants him to show his love... hope this helps. Not sure which fictional heroine this matches!

And for the RK thing -- this too will pass :-) Till then detox with his happier songs -- I love zindagi ek safar too ( listen to the happy one ) ... and if you want to watch a movie watch Piya ka Ghar -- it is mostly funny... atleast he is!