Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

docgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: DiyaS

@doc, finally found your post πŸ˜ƒ Awesome take as always ... I wanted to tell you, I loved your take yesterday as well.
Anjali ... yes, I'm back on your side on this one ... finally she voices her confusion, whom does she believe Shyamji or Chotey? I still grudge her her self-absorption about not being worried what he went through in 15 days of kidnapping while she was peacefully sleeping in her SKD ... but at least she's woken up now ... can she at least ask her brother how during his kidnapping he developed so much trust in Khushi? Then she might get some answers!
Arnav - could he more attentive to his Di? Yes, sure he could, but then he's known about Scumbag Shyam for months and had time to get over the shock and upset, and get used to the idea, but he's still getting over the shock of how much he misjudged his wife and what all she went through for his sake, including almost losing her life ... and then he went and yelled at her for everything ... she's hurt, she's not talking to him ... Di is fine, Di is talking to him again, so where is his priority? His wife, of course!
Khushi -
No she hasn't told him ---- why should she? Why does she need to hold it up  in 72 point bold font. If she does, how can she know that he won't revert to type and blame her for his misery the next time Di has a crisis. "You're the biggest mistake of MY life." What about HER life? "Aur Main?",  he asked when she was ready to walk out. Never one did he ask, "Aur tum, tumhaare Khushi ka Kya?" Her desire for the birday greeting was never about the words. The kostin was would he subsume his out-sized ego to do something for her that he had never done before. When he gets that he should be able to bring a smile to her face.

Can I HUG you for this one? πŸ€— How many times have I expected my hubby to understand why I'm mad at him ... I'm not going to tell him, he'd better know what he did wrong!!!
And she did tell him ... after all they both have been through, how can he even bring up the contract, every time she opens her heart to him, he always hurts her, breaks her heart ... what else does a girl have to say to get through to the man??!!! πŸ˜†
And if she DID understand and accept one of his many olive branches, she's just pushing the main problem under the carpet, and being forgiving all over again ... hasn't that been her main problem all along? That she always forgave him everything he did to her, without his even having to ask?
So let ASR stew a bit longer and work out for himself what really is bothering his very stubborn biwi! πŸ˜†

Thanks, Diya... πŸ€— I loved your takes yesterday too... haven't caught up with today yet. In our mega thread, it takes a bit of wading through! πŸ˜‰

I am agree on letting him stew. Weren't there a bunch of people who wanted a wooing track? How will that happen if she capitulates all too soon. I feel for him, but he had this coming. I hope she strings him along for a while! I always approve of the schooling of the pati phase!  πŸ˜†
alright,... I m done.. Goodnight all...
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Still trying to catch up ...

@Mandy, loved all your points, agree that all this is going to push everyone towards ganging up against Khushi and the blame finally coming out into the open ... will Arnav finally stand up for her at that point, and tell the truth to the entire family? Because at the moment, that's the only thing that can turn the public opinion the other way ... that HE knew about it all, and Khushi is as much a victim as Anjali is.
Nani is the only one still supporting Khushi, and that's because she's the only one with an inkling of the truth.

Even before knowing the truth she believed in Khushi though, that is what I love about her. I remember the scene where she reached out to her but was stopped by Manorama, despite her doubts Shyam could be so evil not once did she doubt Khushi.
Rag1ni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 8
So yesterday's episode was sweet(ish). The Nanav-Nanku bromance was sweet. Payal was kind of badass(ish). There was no maami. And Anjali was sedated before things got out of control. What is not to like, yes? But I was still dissatisfied. And of course, the reason for that has to be Khushi. Yes, it is ALWAYS her fault: D

I know this may upset Gul Khanji and most of IF, but while ASR might make my heart sing, I only feel invested in the story when I get Khushi. The day Khushi makes no sense, even an otherwise perfectly good episode leaves me feeling unhappy. Let Khushi be drama queen, angry, hurt, sad, annoyed, deliriously happy, whatever, but let her make sense, please. But na, they have to constantly mess with her character. And a lot of times they seem to do that just to make someone else look good (or not so bad).

So when Arnav is douchey, make Khushi do some crazy antics, just to divert attention. When Anjali is losing it, make Khushi give her gyaan so that she tries to stab her baby and do a quick fix abortion. Yesterday Khushi was made to do ridiculous things so that Akash appeared less doucehy (sadly, fixing Akash requires more than that). Yaar, matlab kya bakwaas hain boss?!

Let us consider the greatest (okay, not the greatest, but a pretty good one) love story, Darcy and Lizzie. Now women are all in love with Darcy, but they still get to see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie. Of course, ASR is no Darcy and Khushi is anything but Lizzie (I mean among other things, she doesn't have that sense of irony.. but that might be a Lucknow versus English thing), but still going with this example (because Gauti Bhaiya also seems to have grandeurs that he is retelling P&P). Now even for a rather intelligent woman, Lizzie was prone to being mildly petulant and had a meltdown or two. Yes, the pride and prejudice were hers after all… something that Khushi too 'suffers' from. For instance, Lizzie was much for forgiving of Bingley for being 'so rich' but somehow that same quality in Darcy was equated to misplaced pride. Reverse snobbery much, yes? So if we all see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie, who she doesn't have a favourable opinion of, how is that, we are able to fall in love with Darcy and understand Lizzie simultaneously? Ya, ya, it is blasphemy to compare Jane Austen with anyone, let alone desi TV soap writers, but ab shuru kar diya toh baat toh khatam toh karoon. Lizzie was sometimes even borderline annoying (there I said it!), but one would always root for her. Unless of course you watched that horror desi interpretation of Lizzie (Bride & prejudice). But then you have lost half your battle there when you cast Aishwarya Rai (*snort*) to play Lizzie. I am just saying, stop messing with Lizzie, so that I can continue to love Mr Dracy, okay? Okay.

I also am not liking this whole justification by Daljeet and gang. I am bored, bored, bored. All this "I work so hard" blah is so blah. Not like you are a sugarcane farmer in Uttar Pradesh who does all the work only to have the monsoon fail and lose his crops. Now THAT is poignant, you know, where extraordinary efforts seem to have no correlation with the actual payoffs. The rest of the people are just doing their work. And I know accepting a take-down of something you love is tough, let alone something that you created, but come now, deal with it. That is all.

Today the parental unit have their day off (matlab Ragini ka stress walla day). So we are going to watch Anand. You know because when your teenhood crush dies, you need to watch him die in reel life for actual closure. Who said parents need to make sense?! Zindagi kaisi yeh paheli, haye!

PS: Kuch zyada ho gaya, na? Koyi nahin.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: veeps

@veeps, I always love your takes ... yours, Sri, Doc, vee, joey, Mandy, meens, ippy, ... by the time I get online, the discussions are on full swing, and I never manage to tell you all that, but these and a few others are the ones I make a point to search out and read. And Lady J's Take 5 of course ... missing those badly!  πŸ€— And the reason I love this thread is that it is discussion based without being too analytical or overly critical ... people criticise Khushi but don't bash her ... and there are lots of people to defend her here πŸ˜† I barely visit the main forum these days πŸ˜›

-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rag1ni

Let us consider the greatest (okay, not the greatest, but a pretty good one) love story, Darcy and Lizzie. Now women are all in love with Darcy, but they still get to see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie. Of course, ASR is no Darcy and Khushi is anything but Lizzie (I mean among other things, she doesn't have that sense of irony.. but that might be a Lucknow versus English thing), but still going with this example (because Gauti Bhaiya also seems to have grandeurs that he is retelling P&P). Now even for a rather intelligent woman, Lizzie was prone to being mildly petulant and had a meltdown or two. Yes, the pride and prejudice were hers after all' something that Khushi too 'suffers' from. For instance, Lizzie was much for forgiving of Bingley for being 'so rich' but somehow that same quality in Darcy was equated to misplaced pride. Reverse snobbery much, yes? So if we all see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie, who she doesn't have a favourable opinion of, how is that, we are able to fall in love with Darcy and understand Lizzie simultaneously? Ya, ya, it is blasphemy to compare Jane Austen with anyone, let alone desi TV soap writers, but ab shuru kar diya toh baat toh khatam toh karoon. Lizzie was sometimes even borderline annoying (there I said it!), but one would always root for her. Unless of course you watched that horror desi interpretation of Lizzie (Bride & prejudice). But then you have lost half your battle there when you cast Aishwarya Rai (*snort*) to play Lizzie. I am just saying, stop messing with Lizzie, so that I can continue to love Mr Dracy, okay? Okay.

Rags - you have made me *sniff* proud. Even more than that memorable day when you switched to her Majesty's English. πŸ‘
Edited by -Jamba- - 11 years ago

So yesterday's episode was sweet(ish). The Nanav-Nanku bromance was sweet. Payal was kind of badass(ish). There was no maami. And Anjali was sedated before things got out of control. What is not to like, yes? But I was still dissatisfied. And of course, the reason for that has to be Khushi. Yes, it is ALWAYS her fault: D

I know this may upset Gul Khanji and most of IF, but while ASR might make my heart sing, I only feel invested in the story when I get Khushi. The day Khushi makes no sense, even an otherwise perfectly good episode leaves me feeling unhappy. Let Khushi be drama queen, angry, hurt, sad, annoyed, deliriously happy, whatever, but let her make sense, please. But na, they have to constantly mess with her character. And a lot of times they seem to do that just to make someone else look good (or not so bad).

So when Arnav is douchey, make Khushi do some crazy antics, just to divert attention. When Anjali is losing it, make Khushi give her gyaan so that she tries to stab her baby and do a quick fix abortion. Yesterday Khushi was made to do ridiculous things so that Akash appeared less doucehy (sadly, fixing Akash requires more than that). Yaar, matlab kya bakwaas hain boss?!

Let us consider the greatest (okay, not the greatest, but a pretty good one) love story, Darcy and Lizzie. Now women are all in love with Darcy, but they still get to see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie. Of course, ASR is no Darcy and Khushi is anything but Lizzie (I mean among other things, she doesn't have that sense of irony.. but that might be a Lucknow versus English thing), but still going with this example (because Gauti Bhaiya also seems to have grandeurs that he is retelling P&P). Now even for a rather intelligent woman, Lizzie was prone to being mildly petulant and had a meltdown or two. Yes, the pride and prejudice were hers after all' something that Khushi too 'suffers' from. For instance, Lizzie was much for forgiving of Bingley for being 'so rich' but somehow that same quality in Darcy was equated to misplaced pride. Reverse snobbery much, yes? So if we all see Darcy through the eyes of Lizzie, who she doesn't have a favourable opinion of, how is that, we are able to fall in love with Darcy and understand Lizzie simultaneously? Ya, ya, it is blasphemy to compare Jane Austen with anyone, let alone desi TV soap writers, but ab shuru kar diya toh baat toh khatam toh karoon. Lizzie was sometimes even borderline annoying (there I said it!), but one would always root for her. Unless of course you watched that horror desi interpretation of Lizzie (Bride & prejudice). But then you have lost half your battle there when you cast Aishwarya Rai (*snort*) to play Lizzie. I am just saying, stop messing with Lizzie, so that I can continue to love Mr Dracy, okay? Okay.

I also am not liking this whole justification by Daljeet and gang. I am bored, bored, bored. All this "I work so hard" blah is so blah. Not like you are a sugarcane farmer in Uttar Pradesh who does all the work only to have the monsoon fail and lose his crops. Now THAT is poignant, you know, where extraordinary efforts seem to have no correlation with the actual payoffs. The rest of the people are just doing their work. And I know accepting a take-down of something you love is tough, let alone something that you created, but come now, deal with it. That is all.

Today the parental unit have their day off (matlab Ragini ka stress walla day). So we are going to watch Anand. You know because when your teenhood crush dies, you need to watch him die in reel life for actual closure. Who said parents need to make sense?! Zindagi kaisi yeh paheli, haye!

Awesomeness... even though I disagree with the Khushi thing... your frustration comes out finally without your usual sarcasm... Gulji, be VERY AFRAID...

And  a big hug for you for the Lizzy love... what would the world be like without Mr.Darcy and Lizzy???? The problem of course is that Khushi is/was never supposed to be a Lizzy. Or even Khushi. She is supposed to be Vaidehi and how can vaidehi suddenly developing a spine be easily swallowed by the audience especially when she has never been shown before doing anything like that...So yes, it is a transition but mostly only for the week...πŸ˜‰

Rags, you mom is going through exactly what my mom is going through today... RK mourning... give them time, they will grow up soon ...
Edited by veeps - 11 years ago
joenet1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Tussi cha gaye ho! Sorry on the stress walla day but for parents' anand, you have to watch Anand, doesn't that maintain the global anand in the household?

As for messing with Lizzie (gulp I can't believe I am going to commit the cardinal sin, sorry Jane Austin), well let's just say in the battle of Lizzie vs. TRP, the latter is winning.

As for the justification by the gang:
1. There is a difference between criticism and insult. Criticism goes with what you do (professional) and insult with who you are (personal). GH does not know the difference so please don't even justify it otherwise. Everyone prides in his/her work but to think that your work is beyond perfection is unrealistic unless you can prove otherwise. From all the tweets that I read, no one called him stupid, unintelligent or anything of that sort. Even the 'rude' tweets were about the show. So for him to lash out and say 'hormonal imbalance', 'shallow', 'dekhna hai to dekho' are insults that he is handing out to the viewers for the criticism that he is receiving. I am not defending the fans, people are bi-polar by nature and they will go ape-shit if they don't like what they see BUT no one attacked him personally. He crossed the line. Bas. He CHOSE to be in this profession. Just like he expects viewers to appreciate good and bad in the show, he needs to embrace the good and bad in his profession as well. It is a a two-way street and the path he is on, will soon lead to dead end.
2. Daljeet is a sweet person I agree. I still haven't watched the interview but I will say this much, she should not to justify her character even if she has been receiving hate mails and especially not dragging Dogra into it. No way. That is just dumb. If she felt strongly that her character has the potential than she should be working hard to connect with the audience. If the audience is not feeling it, there is something wrong.
Edited by joenet1234 - 11 years ago
-Jamba- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@veeps, I always love your takes ... yours, Sri, Doc, vee, joey, Mandy, meens, ippy, ... by the time I get online, the discussions are on full swing, and I never manage to tell you all that, but these and a few others are the ones I make a point to search out and read. And Lady J's Take 5 of course ... missing those badly!  πŸ€— And the reason I love this thread is that it is discussion based without being too analytical or overly critical ... people criticise Khushi but don't bash her ... and there are lots of people to defend her here πŸ˜† I barely visit the main forum these days πŸ˜›

Aw - thanks Dee - But not half as much as we're mising TWTW! Kya hua? πŸ˜•
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Rags, can you send this to Gul, GH and the rest, please? The audience for a love story is composed 99% of women, and if they fail to identify with the female protagonist, then however drool-worthy the hero is, it doesn't matter, if you feel the heroine isn't even worthy of his love! Kind of defeats the entire purpose of the love story ...
And that does NOT mean making her into an SP bahu ... but give her enough monologues and scenes where you show what she's going through. They did it properly for Khushi's realization when BS was missing, now again they're slipping back into the same mistake ... pay attention to Arnav, and never mind Khushi, she can be silly, dimwitted, insensitive ... telling Akash to go on honeymoon when his Di has just suffered a catastrophic break up was just idiotic!!! Lazy writing!!!

Ditto on Daljeet ... stop doing an Anjali!!! And follow your own advice and look at all the characters, not just your own!!! 

πŸ‘