Spice Girls Hangout:How I met my wife! - Page 9

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by purplenpink

Ratna, my mom's a big fan too- Hi 5 on that! Never understood the fascination (though I liked some of his movies) and she didn't like it when I first said that πŸ˜† but it sure helped to bring it up when I was receiving a dressing down for my bollywood crushes at the time πŸ˜‰ 
I have watched Haathi over 3 times -- but my all time favorite is Anand -- the Babu Moshai scene is out of the world --- how less complicated life was then!
Namak Haraam was good too -- one of the few movies ( only?) that he partnered with AB! Sharmila- RK pairing was the best -- Aaradhana and  Amar Prem!!

Originally posted by meens80

The difference between the post wedding time when Khushi was running around looking for answers and now while Arnav is courting his wife to win her back is they have been through the kidnapping track which has created the soul connection and deep understanding between them. Khushi realized during this time that what she feels for Arnav is love; what he feels for her is love, they have been through hell and back to find the other and be together.
The problem again is with scripting and character inconsistencies; this renders the telepathy and understanding of unspoken words connection futile.

We need a confrontation and soon; he can continue to make it up to her once he realizes how his words have hurt her and how she is so selfless that she does not wish to be happy if everyone around her is so upset indirectly because of her.

You know Meens that is what is not going down well with this wooing track... they are connected through telepathy or whatever but now its like they are back to pre-wedding days...
The wooing track would work wonders when he is making up to her for all the wrong he has done and she has this monologue that she is just not able to get over the deep cut it made. Even being hurt on the contract can be shown legitimate despite their connection but she killed the whole thing today by saying she is not angry at him.
Wooing is most effective when she is angry or not interested in him. Here she is neither and add to that the entire house is in some form of depression...
sorry, i dont want to bring everyone down but this isnt going down well with me!
Updated on page 2 ... back in a little bit πŸ˜›
Originally posted by -Vee05-

<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff00cc">So I see a lot of upset folks over the character assassination of ASR.</font>

<font face="'Comic Sans MS', Times, serif" size="2" color="#ff00cc">Can i ask why?😳</font>

its the once bitten twice shy syndrome..

because of what happened with khushi during march April.

but ASR is their baby they cannot harm him...
he's shaytan and rajkumar. That's what make him who he is in the show...fear not.
Originally posted by MentalExotica

Kyonki kissi mahan gyaani ne kaha hai dekhna hai toh dekho - aur sapne mein bhi rabbave is my favorite thing to do

Following some Mahan gyaani from vacation... Hmmm...BP will get high and mood will be ruined...ignore him
Originally posted by savvy05

@Veeps, lovely post explaining Khushi's monologue with her DM. πŸ‘Yes, she is hurt but not angry.

The reactions in this forum have been varied to Khushi's rebuffing Arnav's gestures.  As this is the SG thread and we do welcome and discuss all viewpoints I am going to put forth mine.πŸ˜ƒ

Its been only 3 days since Arnav has been trying to pacify Khushi. For 3 months Khushi harassed Arnav  begging/yelling/pleading to get to the bottom of why he married her and  he refused to budge an inch. I am not saying this is tit for tat. Khushi  had no clue as to what the reason for the marriage was and his hate towards her, Arnav on the other hand knows the reason - when he asked for forgiveness and she did not agree he took the refuge of contract marriage - her very words "how can you think about our marriage being a contract after what we have been through" should have given him a pretty clear idea that she is hurt.

So her reaction is not baseless and without reason, when viewers can understand ASR without monologues why not give the same benefit of doubt to Khushi after seeing the incidents play out πŸ˜‰

Joey raised a very valid question on why ASR is not spending time with his sister. This is where I think the PH was forced to play this track because A&K immediately came home after the napping drama. From that we jumped into Shyam's reveal, if instead of this A&K track they had gone to Arnav/Anjali track there would be major kolaveri  against the show and more towards Anjali because it would compromise on Arnav-Khushi time. I feel that had no option but to put in this track amidst the drama.

Great posts Sri and Veeps! I am not sure how long I will last tonight. I completely lost patience with IF...πŸ˜† Barely could get a post in... But SG's have covered it all with some wonderful posts...

Interesting points Sri. I am not sure what the rest of the forum is talking about, I live in a bubble at the hangout. But the CV's can only cover so much with 20 odd mins. The pace has been good, the intensity has dropped a tad-bit with this Arhi birthday track but they cannot please all like you said. But I think it is time to resolve the Arhi issue with the "Mrs ASR" promo; not sure if it is even going to happen.

It is about time, the girl needs to hear the C-word(commitment). Expensive gifts aren't going to cut it. She is being kicked around, especially Akash isn't treating her right even without her meddling. ASR needs to rise as Khushi's knight in shining armor!

Originally posted by MentalExotica

Yaar SGs you guys write so much that my thoughts drain out by the time I read all the posts, all beautifully and well written.

I feel there is nothing left for me to comment

I just want to see ASR wear a red saree if it's time for some reverse gear rabba-ve

RED SAREE TOH BANTA HAI BOSS, DEKHNA HAI TOH DEKHO πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

🀣   πŸ€£   πŸ€£

Hi LadyLaLa, welcome!! Here's the problem with Khushi, she already blames herself for everything that happened and ASR only added to that guilt, or should I say made it worse by going a step further blaming her for Shyam lusts. There's a reason those words stung her, he now knows the truth so why accuse her so easily? Why did he not give her the benefit of doubt? It is something he himself needs to figure out like Sanjana (Veeps) pointed out.

Nani was very disappointing in this episode, instead of addressing the issue at hand she decided to avoid it all together by putting her to sleep. Why can't Nani understand that by doing this she is only going to make things worse for Anjali? It is not healthy to keep her like this, not in her condition.

Mukta, it was truly a satyanash moment when Khushi failed to learn her lesson despite Payal's pleas. Khushi really is stubborn but this is all heading towards something, I truly believe this will be what brings everyone's emotions to the surface. So far no one has come right out blaming Khushi but that will soon change with her pushy nature, all those tempers will reach their boiling point then a huge confrontation will ensue.

Zu, good to see you here! Miss reading your posts

Originally posted by kushikumari

I just don't understand why she feels it is wrong to be happy with the hubby, especially when he is trying so hard, just because the familys upset. Is it so bad to have some light moments.
he has been hurt too. Possibly more because he was in captivity for a fortnight...Edited by ipkbs - 11 years ago
Rabba Ve on milestone #300, masala sahelis  πŸ€—

Nope, it was not the hospital hug or the temple lift... in some ways it was even better ...it was hatke, just as the IPK morance has always been. So I'll start there. Hat tip to the writing team for devising a very clever little tribute. πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ A trip down memory lane that let us relive where we started and how we too fell in love  --- with this show and these characters. Not only that, there was that wink-wink, nudge-nudge too, I think from the writers to the audience. πŸ˜ƒ

How else do we explain NK's dialogs? NK who has seemed to be very much the stand-in for the audience - our eyes and ears and now our mouthpiece? "Pyaar kiya nahin jaata, Kho jaata hai (we've been screaming for the rooftops about the missing pyaar in the show's title).  Tum gussa ho saktey ho, you can get really mad, lekin yeh "lau" hai na, iska tum kuch nahin kar saktey. Aur yeh mat kehna ki tum "lau" nahin kartey ho... kyon ki agar tum usey pyaar nahin kartey toh uski yeh saari baatein tumhein affect nahin kar sakti. 

That seemed like the love-hate relationship between the audience and the show (including perhaps one hotheaded tweeting CV? πŸ˜›) . Then again, maybe I'm reading too much into this but how does one explain the "lau"? Now if NK raises any "kostins" --- that'll seal the deal. πŸ˜‰  Fanciful thinking? Perhaps... but this is one instance I'm happy to stay in my SKD (otherwise popular in the hangout as sapnon ki duniya - Thanks   for the nifty short form!) πŸ˜ƒ

The reminiscences of the "horror-thriller" also seemed to be a time to take stock and  a time to let go of the sting from that painful past. Clearly Khushi with her monologue about love in the shadow of hate has already done that. This time it's 
Arnav's turn and perhaps ours too as the audience. His recounting of the  pagalpan and madness was rueful, amused, affectionate even. Too easy an absolution for some pretty horrific ASR misdeeds? --- perhaps? But this is a horror thriller love story and I'm very forgiving --- at least of fictional characters πŸ˜‰, so it worked for me. β­οΈ

The episode itself took us back to the three principal players in the triangle: 

Anjali: She's lost, broken and confused... "Do I believe the evidence that was before my eyes and stay faithful to memories of the love I've had over the years from my husband or do I believe in my brother who's been the mainstay of my life?" She's been a horrified bystander in the drama, things have happened to her, decisions made for her ---- even when she's ready to vent, she's shushed and sedated.   

Clearly sach ya jhoot was not established  -- it was husband said, brother said. Back again to atoot vishwaas - where does she place it? The horns of an emotional (or existential even) dilemma about what is the truth...  chottey is unavailable to her to resolve it,  fighting as he is battles of the heart. Can she be more understanding of his ordeal? Sure!... but how does one begrudge  her time to grieve?

ASR: He's been to hell and back, finally the barriers around his heart have come tumbling down. He's eager to make things right with his much loved patni and she isn't even playing. The vintage version of ASR picked up from where we left off yesterday. He's done everything she wanted... chosen the gift, ordered it, personalized the message and she still won't accept it. Dammit, what does she want? The hell with it... "I'm not giving you a choice, accept it you will and wear it you will." And... then he softens as he recalls NK's advice, "I'd like to see you in it" ... that passionate request melted me but not Khushi πŸ₯Ί  . So now he'll try  again  with the 360s... cute but pagal stunts - like coming out of the closet!!!!  πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜². 

Could he have been more attentive to his Di in her time of dire crisis?... sure! It's been what ...3 maybe 4 days since D(i) day, but how does one begrudge him his shot at Khushi? 

Khushi: What does she want? Can't she see that he's doing cartwheels for her - all in the name of love? What were the cake, fairy lights, rose, forehead kiss, poori-aloo, sari but manifold demonstrations of love? πŸ˜•

Today she tells DM - "I'm sad that others are sad and I feel like it's all my fault. I'm hurt that he used me as a punching bag and that he did that so easily. Then he tells me what's between us is just a contract. How can I just acquiesce when he can use hurtful words so readily to justify his ends?" So, it's complicated --- does he even realize what's at the root of her resistance? Until he does, does he think she can be placated with candy as if she were a child? 

No she hasn't told him ---- why should she? Why does she need to hold it up  in 72 point bold font. If she does, how can she know that he won't revert to type and blame her for his misery the next time Di has a crisis. "You're the biggest mistake of MY life." What about HER life? "Aur Main?",  he asked when she was ready to walk out. Never one did he ask, "Aur tum, tumhaare Khushi ka Kya?" Her desire for the birday greeting was never about the words. The kostin was would he subsume his out-sized ego to do something for her that he had never done before. When he gets that he should be able to bring a smile to her face. 

Could she have been more understanding and accepted at least one of the many olive branches he extended her way, knowing where he was coming from? Sure!...but how does one begrudge her a shot at getting her atoot vishwaas and her Khushi? ---  nope, not the pretty telepathic words or the hotheaded thappad to her tormentor BUT the kind that doesn't vanish in a crisis, that  doesn't get sacrificed at the altar of the bahot badi ego. 

So here we are at the crossroads of the story at #300... it seems wide open, lots of different ways to take this and it will surely involve a TRP prediction game. The one thing that keeps coming back to me is last night's drama of 2.0 TRP (it did end up being 3.0!). I had to wonder if somehow #300 portends the show's own version of the Battle of Thermopylae... that this story is Leonides with the dwindling audience of 300 that are doomed to die at the hands of the Xerxes that is the Lamp and Wick type of drama. 

We got a pretty darn great week and still the ratings were at 3.0, the ME while I was not the biggest enthusiast, was surely better than a 2.0. What do women want... esp those in the TRP audience? πŸ˜• Don't mean to bring anyone down on celebration day... I only want to raise the kostin of whether the hatke horror thriller love story that drew us in is a double edged sword... it draws a somewhat different kind of audience perhaps but does it struggle to play with the big "boys"? 

Maybe SKD is just fine... we enjoy the mantal and the craji times for as long as they last and give thanks to the masala ladkis that we made it to #300. πŸ₯³  

Thanks everyone on the IPK team for a wonderful run! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘