Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Yaar SGs you guys write so much that my thoughts drain out by the time I read all the posts, all beautifully and well written.

I feel there is nothing left for me to comment

I just want to see ASR wear a red saree if it's time for some reverse gear rabba-ve

RED SAREE TOH BANTA HAI BOSS, DEKHNA HAI TOH DEKHO πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

-Maggie- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh yeah...now I am beginning to sympathize with my hubby who always tells me that he doesn't wanna guess why I am mad, but just wants me to tell him already!!!  Kushi...just tell Arnav and us, the audience, why you are mad...c'mon!  tells us!

joenet1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: MentalExotica

Yaar SGs you guys write so much that my thoughts drain out by the time I read all the posts, all beautifully and well written.

I feel there is nothing left for me to comment

I just want to see ASR wear a red saree if it's time for some reverse gear rabba-ve

RED SAREE TOH BANTA HAI BOSS, DEKHNA HAI TOH DEKHO πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Oye.. you trolling or stalking :p
savvy05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@Veeps, lovely post explaining Khushi's monologue with her DM. πŸ‘Yes, she is hurt but not angry.

The reactions in this forum have been varied to Khushi's rebuffing Arnav's gestures.  As this is the SG thread and we do welcome and discuss all viewpoints I am going to put forth mine.πŸ˜ƒ

Its been only 3 days since Arnav has been trying to pacify Khushi. For 3 months Khushi harassed Arnav  begging/yelling/pleading to get to the bottom of why he married her and  he refused to budge an inch. I am not saying this is tit for tat. Khushi  had no clue as to what the reason for the marriage was and his hate towards her, Arnav on the other hand knows the reason - when he asked for forgiveness and she did not agree he took the refuge of contract marriage - her very words "how can you think about our marriage being a contract after what we have been through" should have given him a pretty clear idea that she is hurt.

So her reaction is not baseless and without reason, when viewers can understand ASR without monologues why not give the same benefit of doubt to Khushi after seeing the incidents play out πŸ˜‰

Joey raised a very valid question on why ASR is not spending time with his sister. This is where I think the PH was forced to play this track because A&K immediately came home after the napping drama. From that we jumped into Shyam's reveal, if instead of this A&K track they had gone to Arnav/Anjali track there would be major kolaveri  against the show and more towards Anjali because it would compromise on Arnav-Khushi time. I feel that had no option but to put in this track amidst the drama.

Edited by savvy05 - 11 years ago
joenet1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: showstruck

@Joey .. How much do you love DDLJ? So many references? I loved it too. But, what has happened to SRK. Smoking is indeed injurious to health.

Loved your take. Story us missing because they tried to shift gear from all tense and sad and Rona dhona I guess. It needs to come back.

SRK makes me wanna vomit. Kajol on the other hand.. 😊
MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: joenet1234

Oye.. you trolling or stalking :p

ab jab aap itne ache posts likhte ho toh stalking toh karne ka padi

aur special kisses for the post..

you guys re-instill my faith in humanity and sanity! 

-monalisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: savvy05

@Veeps, lovely post explaining Khushi's monologue with her DM. πŸ‘Yes, she is hurt but not angry.

The reactions in this forum have been varied to Khushi's rebuffing Arnav's gestures.  As this is the SG thread and we do welcome and discuss all viewpoints I am going to put forth mine.πŸ˜ƒ

Its been only 3 days since Arnav has been trying to pacify Khushi. For 3 months Khushi harassed Arnav  begging/yelling/pleading to get to the bottom of why he married her and  he refused to budge an inch. I am not saying this is tit for tat. Khushi  had no clue as to what the reason for the marriage was and his hate towards her, Arnav on the other hand knows the reason - when he asked for forgiveness and she did not agree he took the refuge of contract marriage - her very words "how can you think about our marriage being a contract after what we have been through" should have given him a pretty clear idea that she is hurt.

So her reaction is not baseless and without reason, when viewers can understand ASR without monologues why not give the same benefit of doubt to Khushi after seeing the incidents play out πŸ˜‰

Joey raised a very valid question on why ASR is not spending time with his sister. This is where I think the PH was forced to play this track because A&K immediately came home after the napping drama. From that we jumped into Shyam's reveal, if instead of this A&K track they had gone to Arnav/Anjali track there would be major kolaveri  against the show and more towards Anjali because it would compromise on Arnav-Khushi time. I feel that had no option but to put in this track amidst the drama.

Yeggjactly Savvyji!!  Totally awesome post! πŸ‘
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: veeps

Arnie boy, is slowly loosing his patience and Khushi declining the gift, he all but throws at her, triggers the temper. I have not given you the option of saying no. I selected it for you, it is my favorite color and I ordered it for you. I got it for you, how can you not like it? You can't refuse this.

And then sadda haq... wear it!! A stern demand, before he remembers NK's advice on sweetness and love and the demand promptly changes into a gentle command.. I want to see you in this saree...

Veeps this was really well said. I think that the dialogue writer needs to bring this logic into the narrative. You have beautifully pointed out what should bother Khushi and that is ASR's trademark self-absorption, especially in a moment of passion. But does it bother her, or just us?

Khushi's monologue was missing some very important transition words, or coordinating conjunctions. Is she saying that she is not angry (as anger is a fleeting emotion) but actually deeply hurt (a stronger feeling) and cannot forget (another very strong emotion) Arnav's words soon?

This then makes sense. She is beyond angry, but deeply hurt and can't forget it. Good, no one expects her to so easily. Her behavior matches this mind-frame.   But the dialogue writers appear to write half-sentences for her. And then the cryptic, "some things change"  and "some things don't"  Again there needs to be some words to explain the state of her mind.
Edited by Julie0001 - 11 years ago
showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: joenet1234

SRK makes me wanna vomit. Kajol on the other hand.. 😊

I know about SRK. There is no one in BW I like at this moment. I guess that's another reason why I like IPK so much. BW nehi to Telly wood sahi.
purplenpink thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Rabba Ve lovely ladies! Late to the hangout today and need to leave again soon as it is a quick brekkie.

Sari lovely post and a perfect titleπŸ‘πŸΌ Indeed the highlight today was the last minutes of the epi as Arnav recounts to his unlikely partner how it all started. Loved BS's expressions there- the faraway look in his eyes, the tone of his voice sometimes wistful, sometimes matter of fact i.e. absolutely perfect!

The whole sequence a delightful recap and reminder why this 'love story' continues to enthrall and engage. There haven't been too many of those romantic moments in the sense that NK was looking for and the leads have been shown more apart than together, yet the love is pervasive to their story.

Rewinding to the start of the epi, I liked the ASR glimpse as he gives her the saree and in his somewhat self-centered mind is rightfully upset when she doesn't fawn over it. Who knew wooing the lady would be such hard work eh ASR? And that too when he had ticked all the boxes this time- he selected it, his favorite color, he bought it and then even gifted - ok maybe didn't exactly gift it but whatever!!

Bought the saree but couldn't buy the smile. Ouch that hurt wifey, that really did. Below the belt? Not really considering his vitriolic words not too long ago but it still hurt.

I kinda sorta understood Khushi's monologue but wish it was presented a bit more succinctly. Actually scratch that. Why an internal monologue? Why not spell it out to the hubby in plain words? I realize and identify with the expectation that he should know and understand but see clearly that isn't happening..

Ok on to the Payal-Akaash track and I'll stick my neck out on this one and say for the first time I see potential here. I think what we are seeing right now is him thinking of Khushi as the third wheel between him and Payal. Perhaps a probable issue when two sisters are married into the same family? I'll reserve judgement on what he thinks of Khushi's role in the whole Shyam fiasco because don't think this is about that..yet.

Loved Payal today; yes indeed some things need to be sorted out by you alone and it is time to build your identity outside of being Khushi's sister. Now please retain that attitude as you confront that idiot errr pati.

Anjali- neither Chotte nor inhe can be wrong so what can it be? CVs if it has to be Khushi then let's untangle all the uljhans quickly and move on with it..

The pre-cap: let's see how this plays out but CVs tread carefully here. I know the intent is to make Khushi smile but please do not. I repeat do not mess with ASR's character.

The NK-Arnav bromance is turning out to be quite an awesome riot and a perfect foil for the drama in other quartersπŸ‘

No pressure there but CVs you do realize there is that one outstanding promo that needs to play out?