India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The real trp audience doesn't know or doesn't care

LivingInPajamas IF-Rockerz
LivingInPajamas
LivingInPajamas

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Time to steer away from "crazy" "Die-hard" and dedicated fans who have gobbled up enough of ipkknd to leave it now.Now concentrating on the "real" trp audience-the people who raise it from 2 to 3.4,they are the ones who are the real judges of whether the track works or not.They don't sit around praising stuff they clearly do not like and nor do they express sympathies over certain actors who choose to define their characters for us.

My best friend also watches ipkknd and we discuss it sometimes.Obviously she doesn't even know that I spend half my time in the virtual world writing fictions and doing other non-real-worldly stuff LOL So I often casually ask her how the episode was and all and look very closely as to what she thinks.Her decisions are unbiased and do not reflect any deep meaning of the show except obvious ones.

She saw the last ten minutes of the Maha Episode.

Her- Did you see ME?
Me- umm Yeah kind of *heck! I ranted about it the whole weekend*
Her-I just saw the last ten minutes.
Me- Well I am not sure if I was very impressed..I mean you know... [I am about to go into minute details of what I liked and what I didn't etc etc when she replies]

"Yeah I know the bag didn't even look like two lakhs right?"

^^I shut up my mouth for the millionth time and forced myself to remember that not everyone is as into the show as I amROFL

As of now she is not much impressed of the Anjali stuff- and no I am not making this up but she doesn't feel the sympathy too!! My mom sneaks up and watches it with me sometimes and all she had to say on the Arnav shouting on Khushi was- poor Khushi,she did so much and this is what she gets!!

So what I wanted to imply by this was that there are different ways in which the trp audience views the show and i do not think that by giving interviews and explaining their characters-anything is going to change.I do not know what kind of hate mails Daljeet received so I do not have the right to say anything on that matter but the fact that they think we are very "one-dimensional" and think only from the lead character's point of view is plain wrong! I loved Anjali-despite her poojas and all she was a very adorable sister.I went through some old scenes of the show where the Anjali-Arnav bond is so beautifully portrayed and then I skipped back to the past week and I was disappointed in myself for not being able to sympathise with a character I loved.I get Anjali's dilemma,she is broken throughout but I do not think that portraying her slow development of dislike of Khushi and Arnav's relation is going to help much.

When I told my same best friend that ipkknd was originally "Didi ki saut" her mouth hung open in disbeliefLOL
So the point is that atleast what I thought my mom or my friends would like to see is love,support over trying times.Remember that scene where Anjali runs away to a temple and Arnav goes to search for her?Khushi stands there and sees this bond and it touches her heart.At that time all three of them were in the same frame and yet it wasnt a weird bond,it was more of a "these are the two parts his heart fuses into".Press the "i" button on the tata sky remote and even the show description goes like- This story is about Arnav and Khushi with different ideologies.What happens when they cross each other's paths?

Ipkknd has never ever been promoted as Didi ki saut.It has been shown as a story between arnav and Khushi where Anjali is also one of the most pivotal characters.Ipkknd for me is a whole-I do not believe that there are "side" characters who are never given good roles.You are "working hard" we know,include Anjali in here or Payal or Akash I do not mind at all but suddenly saying that this is "Di ki saut" after all is just a huge U turn from what you initially gave out.

The real trp audience will never know or never care-and they will judge what actually works.

And saying "Dekhna hi to dekho" to the people who actually give you the minimum trp of 2 is not working either.

I remember that Anjali who realised her brother was falling for Khushi.She needs time,give her the time but stop making her into someone who is cocconed into a false shield.If you don't give her reality now,she will break even further and get worse.But the day she starts to recover- give her those flashbacks where Khushi and her had such an amazing rapport.And the "I don't want a daughter" just was the ugly cherry on top Stern Smile

Edited by Risha_ipkknd - 18 July 2012 at 2:41pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

reluctantfanaka08Mahika24yongshinvellainsaanpisces25GodhuliLogon

.shinchan. IF-Addictz
.shinchan.
.shinchan.

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
res

exactly...thats what the dilema of this show...we have assumed that our show is d best(IT IS OFCOURSE)..But still there is trp audience who watches IPKKND on TV at 8pm daily

even same happened last month with me..my friend came to my place in last week of june(last week of kidnapping)..She and her sis were following IPKKND from august 2011...Infact,her sis watched repeats also..but they both were not on IF or FB FAN PAGE...

I watched IPKKND wid her and she was like ADITI U STILL WATCH IPK?
me-- ofcourse..m a true loyal fan.
she-- I used to watch IPK..but its too boring abhi..kidnapping,no arnav...(she is crazy for ASR too)
me--  dear,start watching d show...kidnapping is about to finish.
she-aditi,tere ISS PYAAR KO KYA NAAM DOON?Day Dreaming

conversation finished.

then at night,at STAR UTSAV,old epi was cuming..that MERI MAA NAHI H epi...we started watching that and discussions went on...and she was so happy watching dat epi...she remembered all dialogues of both A-K...n she told me she watched all TV repeats of TERI-MERI dance,..but now she and her sis dont follow coz of STRETCHED STORYLINE..and noASR

So..yeah..story have to hold the grip of TRP audience..Star

Edited by aditi_arshi - 18 July 2012 at 2:49pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LivingInPajamas

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top