Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Regarding Name Calling - Your opinion? LAST DAY (Page 6)

kirti_fiji IF-Stunnerz
kirti_fiji
kirti_fiji

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Madhubala-

B) Name calling to an extent where no one gets hurt.

how to we know this...as the ones name calling will name it having fun..LOL...

me b too

and  muku for MY mukund and madhu for madhubala

paddo for padmani

ballu for  MY balwandar

sheru for MY sheru (oh whats his real name, he is always sheru for me)LOL

nidu_dsena IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
earth1978 Senior Member
earth1978
earth1978

Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Shifali*

Hey guys!

I had a quick question! It's about Name Calling. This is not aimed towards any fan-group or fandom but just in general.

First, I want to ask you guys, are you alright with the name calling. I am aware that Mukund's character is being called 'Makhi' 'Machar' only purely because he's coming in between RK and MB and many of you guys are not happy with it.

So, that's the whole point. How far do you think that name calling should go? Do you guys want that to continue with someone being called 'Makhi, Machar' but like, also note, what if, someone called Madhubala Makhi? or RK Machar? Would you guys stand it?

And I am aware of MB being called Glycerine in the show, so that should be taken into account too.

If you feel that Name Calling should be allowed, please do share and if you think it shouldn't be allowed, then please share as well. We just want to know how to further the rules on Name Calling and it's up to you guys to decide how. We are going to go with the majority. If some of you feel that Name Calling should be allowed to the extent that everyone is having fun and not getting mad/hurt over it, then please state that too!

Think of this situation from both ways. Like I know that you guys like to call MB and RK names which  you find suitable to them, which is fine but even though we don't have a vast fan following of Mukund there ARE fans there so we need to respect them.

Shifali and Gur
MB Dev Team

i really dont know an answer to this but what i do know is ... all of us are different people. as in real life some are very diplomatic and have a great command over their emotions like jews who hardly show any emotions in public. some of us tend to be emotional and get charged up. our ways of expressing our emotions can varyyy a lot. in oen forum i have been criticised becuase i wrote i hate the so and so charcater , that character happenned to be the female lead of the show. ab utne me hi objection ho gaya. but in other forums people go tot the extent of calling the grey shaded female lead a wh**e/keep/f**k buddy and no body took any objection!
i feel after beign around for sometime in internet forums ... onyl opinions of people who follow the rut are respected. there is no scope of presenting a different view and challenging a positive lead popular in a forum is next to harakiri.
in general instead of making rules strickter. people should be encouraged to be more tolerant towards people who dont like their favorites for whatever reason.
they should be emphasised about the fact ... that this is merely internet. opinions expressed here are not court judgments or death warrants for which they have to fight with all their might.
but its a long call. even so called matured and aged people love to dho their haath in behati ganga and bash a person who dares to nto toe the line of the forum! things seem pretty hopeless to me as regards to teh freedom of expression teh way things stand right now with fans and posters.
i would suggest making a list of the words which are objectionable would be a good idea although it may curb a lot of freedom of expression much to the chagrin of aggressive fans .especially when they are in the mood of doing some serious bashing of someone whose views they simply dotn like for whatever reasons, but who happen to be in the majority of the forum and can get away with it and dont even stop to consider wha they r ding is infact again bashing!. and that list should be stuck by one and all and not just the minorities.
another suggestion i hav is fans of show.character/actor should be encouraged to embrace the fact : they simpyl cannot force anyone to like their idol. so bashing someone is hardly likely to coerce that person to stop hating their favorite .
and lastly it is not possible for some of us to just keep singing praises all the time of a popular character , soem fo us are objective enough to find faults. hence there should eb a room for expressing criticism of the show too. after all we r criticsing a show or character and not the posters.
that in my view should eb allowed if we are to become a real discussion platform and not just a blind fanfare.

Edited by earth1978 - 20 July 2012 at 10:14am
Sharpay.Evans IF-Dazzler
Sharpay.Evans
Sharpay.Evans

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Thanks for clearing my doubt abt Glycerine!!
-BreakingDown- IF-Rockerz
-BreakingDown-
-BreakingDown-

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 1:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Shifali*

Originally posted by -Madhubala-

B) Name calling to an extent where no one gets hurt.

how to we know this...as the ones name calling will name it having fun..LOL...

Exactly. That's the question. It's either that we make a list of all the nicknames and for which character and then vote on it.
i agree with u both
undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 21 July 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged

oh this is a tough one shifu...defining name calling is just as hard as difining bashing...its so subjective...but i think a rule can be made black and white at first like saying "no name calling at all"...and then as we see how the whole thing works out...ammendments can be made...

Killer_DeviL IF-Sizzlerz
Killer_DeviL
Killer_DeviL

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 4:23am | IP Logged
no name Calling
readingworms. IF-Rockerz
readingworms.
readingworms.

Posted: 22 July 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged
see firstly i feel name calling is entirely relative. i love abhay raichand for example but i used to call him mr saddu or bodyguard ki dukaan ek body mein..sometimes even dukhiyaari bahu. but that didnt mean i didnt love him at all..in fact this is the case with many ex pkyekians in this mb forum..we all used to call him such names but we loved him and we still love him like crazy..his pain was ours his tears was ours we used to be so angry whenever abhay used to scrifice himself for anyone and cry our eyes out together but sometimes to make situations light we made parodies of abhay piya convos of when post leap what would they say to each other and we used to call abhay such names..but the botom line is we are NOT disrespecting him at all! In the case of Mukund , i call him Makkhi as well..but its in no way directed at the actor at all..i find him spineless and the husband who cant stand up for his wife if anyone says anything to her..and for me these kind of boys can't be called men. its my opinion..and so i call him makhi..more than disliking..i wish he showe some spine. i have nothing against the character as such. i love rk and he is the main reason why i watch this show..but i call him tharkey kya raaja and wolfie and nikamma so many countless times...but hey i love rk <3 that doesnt change what i feel..so i think its all relative..to be honest. Iloved AbhIya..but i called piya ablaa naari and abhay the names i mentioned..but it isnt in any way meant offensively..its light fun..harmless fun which i dont mean seriously.and i believe there are many people like that in this forum who just have light fun like me not meaning any harm.lol.i call ballu also so many things related to chracter dheelaness.one member made a fun post about rk ballu being in a school called "kameena school" but it was all fun. lol.i called paddo and shamshoo spineless people because they said nothing to aayi for insulting their family and madhu like that..but i am not insulting characters..and actors toh definitely not cause i dont care about them or their lives but i care about the characters they give us. as simple as that. 

Edited by Escape.My.Love. - 22 July 2012 at 9:32am

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index