Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Regarding Name Calling - Your opinion? LAST DAY (Page 4)

Craziest_MG IF-Sizzlerz
Craziest_MG
Craziest_MG

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:38am | IP Logged
no name calling ... I call him mukku, n i guess its ok ...lol

Shru77 IF-Sizzlerz
Shru77
Shru77

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
I dnt mind name calling... Only if its applied to Mukund
Kanchhi_ Goldie
Kanchhi_
Kanchhi_

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Glad to see that majority of us don't want name-calling. It's just me or some of us are confused between name-calling and "nicknaming"? No no  no I'm not trying to teach anyone or anything ( pls don't take it that way), just for my own reference I'm gonna post the definition hereBig smile :

name–calling

noun \'nam-?ko?-li?\

Definition of NAME-CALLING

: the use of offensive names especially to win an argument or to induce rejection or condemnation (as of a person or project) without objective consideration of the facts

First Known Use of NAME-CALLING

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Jwalamukhi-

Vina23 IF-Rockerz
Vina23
Vina23

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Name calling is fine as long as it does not hurt anyone...too much restrictions could take the charm out of visiting the forum as everyone comes here to relax n have fun.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-brokensoul-

abhaylovepia IF-Rockerz
abhaylovepia
abhaylovepia

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:10am | IP Logged
YOU ARE RIGHTThumbs Up I ALSO WANT TO APOLOGIZE, Stern SmileBECAUST IT IS NOT HIS FAULT. HE IS DOING HIS JOB, BUT WRITER SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT WE WANT TO SEE DD AND VD.Hug ITS NOT NECESSARY LOVE TRACKHeart  WE HOPE THAT NOW DD AND VD STORY IS GOING TO STARTROFL SO I AM HAPPY AND HOPE ALL IS WELL IN FUTURE.DancingDay Dreaming
-Jwalamukhi- IF-Stunnerz
-Jwalamukhi-
-Jwalamukhi-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
Note:

Okay guys, here is how this will work. Any names which are given to the characters in the show, such as 'Glycerine' are being allowed since the show uses it, then the members can too.

I do agree that as long as it is fun, nicknaming the the characters should be fine. But not if it's hurting someone.

Secondly, I also agree with those who don't want name calling, since the question here becomes 'how do you know if you are overstepping your boundaries?' because what may seem like an innocent gesture to have fun with the characters may seem like a problem and be hurtful to someone else. So how do we know when it's alright and when it's not?

Yes, we come here on I-F to have fun and share our views, but if someone is getting hurt with a nickname or name calling being done, then it's our right to make that person(people) comfortable.

For example, if pretend I was an actress and was name called by fans, and then some fans of mine felt bad, shouldn't it be up to us to sort it out so that everyone's comfortable?

But then again, that's the reason the DT is asking you for help/opinion. This is your opinion and it's up to use guys to know/understand how the forum shapes up. We are only here to implement the rules and hear you guys out. We are going to be implementing the rules YOU guys want.

If you guys want:

A) No name-calling
B) Name calling to an extent where no one gets hurt.
C) Name calling be allowed

This is your forum and you guys have to take responsibility too. There's always two sides to a coin. We should listen to both sides and not be partial towards one.

Shifu
MB Dev Team

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ssg24Shooting.Star-BreakingDown-Killer_DeviLShru77.EdwardCullen.SheDevilcaffeineaddict.mysteriousmillidewdropredundisclosed

-Nightingale- IF-Stunnerz
-Nightingale-
-Nightingale-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:11pm | IP Logged

how to we know this...as the ones name calling will name it having fun..LOL...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Killer_DeviLkirti_fijimysteriousmillidewdropredundisclosed

-Jwalamukhi- IF-Stunnerz
-Jwalamukhi-
-Jwalamukhi-

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Madhubala-

how to we know this...as the ones name calling will name it having fun..LOL...

Exactly. That's the question. It's either that we make a list of all the nicknames and for which character and then vote on it.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-BreakingDown--Nightingale-mysteriousmillidewdropredundisclosed

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index