Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

So if Gopi is expecting a girl... (Page 2)

angelirebelli IF-Dazzler
angelirebelli
angelirebelli

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
As far as SNS is concerned, the Modis were never shown as people who were gender biased. They had kinjal for their who was/is an absolute brat.. her family pampered her for sure..Even Urmila is shown as having a daughter, her only child. So I do not think an issue of gendercide will arise at all..

As far as domestic abuse is concerned , it was Urmila who treated Gopi badly intially.  At the Modis, it wasnt as if they dismissed their help as soon as  their DILs arrived, that was the way their household functioned.. I do not support it but just pointing out that their system didnt change..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaunSAll-Shilpa-ll

Ichangedit IF-Rockerz
Ichangedit
Ichangedit

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
I don't think this will happen in this serial. The Modi's have enough money to efford a girl being born.

In regards the big issue it would be terrible if they make a mockery out of such a serious issue in SNS. Because a mockery it would be whatever happens. This is such a serious issue in India and China (properly in some other countries as well) that it shouldn't be handled lightly. People have to be educated and traditions and mindsets changed. 

People have to understand what they now learn in China in a hard way that without girls, there is not going to be a future!! You need a girl, if you want to settle down and have your own kids (if you don't chose to adopt) A guy just can't bear a child.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

quarkyangelirebelliShaunSA

angelirebelli IF-Dazzler
angelirebelli
angelirebelli

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ichangedit

I don't think this will happen in this serial. The Modi's have enough money to efford a girl being born.

In regards the big issue it would be terrible if they make a mockery out of such a serious issue in SNS. Because a mockery it would be whatever happens. This is such a serious issue in India and China (properly in some other countries as well) that it shouldn't be handled lightly. People have to be educated and traditions and mindsets changed. 

People have to understand what they now learn in China in a hard way that without girls, there is not going to be a future!! You need a girl, if you want to settle down and have your own kids (if you don't chose to adopt) A guy just can't bear a child.

I agree with you.. very valid points..

Modi's do not show gendercide, though many series did.. It is definitely a serious issue and a custom prevalent in many parts of  India, Pakistan, China etc.

TV is strong medium and what the channesl show should aim to bring about social change or atleast spread the message or support a cause. There are outreach initiatives by the governements but there is only so much they can do and this is where I think TV or other media play a significant role in bringing about change, delivering a message or making a point..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

quarkyXarinaShaunSAIchangedit

gauri72 IF-Rockerz
gauri72
gauri72

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged

I didnt want to come to IF today.My last comment was for Naz dirty pic yester mornin.But I have something imp to tell on this imp topic.

Whether u r nastik or not u will have to believe God and think again and again and advise others also.I m giving some eg of common men like us.

1 one of our pehchaanwala has a girl.Whole family including parents and siblings from both the sides are highly educated.Both husband and wife decide to go for boy child.mother got her girl child aborted twice without the knowledge of their parents with the help of husband's sis.she is doctor.after few years she coneived and had 2 boy child.They decided they will keep only one so got aborted the one who was weak.But after few days they lost their other child in a womb.after 1-2 years she was pregnant and delivered a girl child.In wish of a boy they got killed their 4 children and finally got a girl child. In that family one person literaally begged for children, got treatment and then adopted a girl children from aashram as there was a long waiting list for adopting boy child.

2 Our neighbouring lady was talking about her relative that one family got the child of thier bahu aborted as doctor said it is a girl child.After abortion they came to know that it was a baby boy.

jaisi karni vaisi bharni.

3 my Ba (dadi) was expecting a child and her devrani was like Rashi wanted to kill my Ba's child as she wanted all property.But my dada's child-widow sis took care of my Ba and it never happened.Then she delivered a baby boy (my papa) He was running on knees, means his age below 1 year.He went near Chulha(desi gas stove)His kaki was near the chulha but didnt stop him.But my Ba rushed there and pick up her child.She wanted to kill my papa but her grand son has to adopt a child! Shocking thing is that after his bro's early death my Dada took care of his bro's pregnant wife and children and after my papa's incidence my Dada gave larger part of family property to his bro's wife and children.Till today they have no respect for my grand parents and parents.

If someone tell that Gopi, and urshi are not real life characters, it is not so.u can see them everywhere.

4 My neighbour has 2 girls they have completed study.Both r intelligent.Both r got engaged.they used to earn whille study and giving contribution in their education exp.though as per Indian system they need not to contribute.They gift household appliances and golds and diamonds to their parents.Here Sometimes sons dont take care about their parents needs.But both these sis ready to take all respinsibilities for their parents.

Moral to be learn: Keep faith in God.Dont challenge the rules of nature (God).U will reap what u have sown.(forgive me for spell. mistakes.)followw dharma(not religion but duty and truth)u can speak small lie if u r forced to but dont be like urshi.God is mods to watch u and close your thread or ban your ID.

I have more real stories to talk but dont have time.

Am I right pl. tell.

Edited by gauri72 - 18 July 2012 at 11:39pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

XarinaGiafanshruts18Parvathy_snsShaunSAIchangeditBlukitten

mona05 IF-Dazzler
mona05
mona05

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 4:36am | IP Logged
I am sure if Gopi has a girl..she will be welcomed heartily into the family...they may show Urmilla taunting gopi but not modis..ahem will be over the moon with his little Gopi...nanhi Gopi.

ShaunSAgauri72

gauri72 IF-Rockerz
gauri72
gauri72

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 7:47am | IP Logged
today I saw in satyameva jayate though they have son/s elders have nobody to share their feelings and have to remarry or live in relationship after death of a spouse in old age.or are kicked out to vrudhdhashram.In mumbai there is a dada -dadi park, where all elders meet everyday and do activities.

GiafanShaunSA

Giafan Goldie
Giafan
Giafan

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gauri72

I didnt want to come to IF today.My last comment was for Naz dirty pic yester mornin.But I have something imp to tell on this imp topic.

Whether u r nastik or not u will have to believe God and think again and again and advise others also.I m giving some eg of common men like us.

1 one of our pehchaanwala has a girl.Whole family including parents and siblings from both the sides are highly educated.Both husband and wife decide to go for boy child.mother got her girl child aborted twice without the knowledge of their parents with the help of husband's sis.she is doctor.after few years she coneived and had 2 boy child.They decided they will keep only one so got aborted the one who was weak.But after few days they lost their other child in a womb.after 1-2 years she was pregnant and delivered a girl child.In wish of a boy they got killed their 4 children and finally got a girl child. In that family one person literaally begged for children, got treatment and then adopted a girl children from aashram as there was a long waiting list for adopting boy child.

2 Our neighbouring lady was talking about her relative that one family got the child of thier bahu aborted as doctor said it is a girl child.After abortion they came to know that it was a baby boy.

jaisi karni vaisi bharni.

3 my Ba (dadi) was expecting a child and her devrani was like Rashi wanted to kill my Ba's child as she wanted all property.But my dada's child-widow sis took care of my Ba and it never happened.Then she delivered a baby boy (my papa) He was running on knees, means his age below 1 year.He went near Chulha(desi gas stove)His kaki was near the chulha but didnt stop him.But my Ba rushed there and pick up her child.She wanted to kill my papa but her grand son has to adopt a child! Shocking thing is that after his bro's early death my Dada took care of his bro's pregnant wife and children and after my papa's incidence my Dada gave larger part of family property to his bro's wife and children.Till today they have no respect for my grand parents and parents.

If someone tell that Gopi, and urshi are not real life characters, it is not so.u can see them everywhere.

4 My neighbour has 2 girls they have completed study.Both r intelligent.Both r got engaged.they used to earn whille study and giving contribution in their education exp.though as per Indian system they need not to contribute.They gift household appliances and golds and diamonds to their parents.Here Sometimes sons dont take care about their parents needs.But both these sis ready to take all respinsibilities for their parents.

Moral to be learn: Keep faith in God.Dont challenge the rules of nature (God).U will reap what u have sown.(forgive me for spell. mistakes.)followw dharma(not religion but duty and truth)u can speak small lie if u r forced to but dont be like urshi.God is mods to watch u and close your thread or ban your ID.

I have more real stories to talk but dont have time.

Am I right pl. tell.

Really, a very nice post Gauri!!!. I really feel sorry for your Ba and your papa. In real life also, we have to go thru, lot of dirty politics, just like the serials. I come from a community, where, they complain, if they have a daughter, but won't do this kind of horrible acts!!!. Most of the time, our people worship, girl children, in return, they [parents] live a happy life. Both Girls babies and boy babies are the gift from the God!!!. if we accept this simple truth, then life will be all rosey!! If we go against the God, then life will be full of thornes!!!

ShaunSAgauri72

gauri72 IF-Rockerz
gauri72
gauri72

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:31am | IP Logged
thanks Giafan.My Ba was 3rd wife as 1st two died during delivery.Her devrani used to black magic to get mother and child killed.In our cast it doesnt happen.Mere dada to bahu-betioko bahut laad karte the.When her devrani was at death bed with paralysis, my Ba used to serve her though we lived separate at that time.

GiafanShaunSA

Go to top