Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShaunSA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
@gauri. People are saying that we must treat these people nicely and with respect and get them to try and see things differently. In other words if they do this we must slap them on the fingers and say bad boy don't do it again.

@Kristin. I am not going to agree with you on that one lol. Diplomacy is not an option with criminals! They are murderers! Pure and simple and should be treated as such!

And yes I have bugger-all respect for them. But I will pay for gallows to hang them... that should be a nice way to treat them.

gauri72 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Giafan

Gauri, Your Ba and Dada, both are nicest ppl on the God's green earth!!! Because of this kind of nice ppl, only, we are getting rains!!!. In Tamil Nadu, The elders used to tell, ""even if the whole world turns evil, if there is only one good human being, lives in the world, Rain [Varuna bhagavan] will come and visit him or her." 👏

Thanks again Giafan for kind words.We always miss our Ba and we have never seen our Dada😭

but proud to be their grand daughter.😊

bye good night🥱

Ichangedit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ShaunSA

@gauri. People are saying that we must treat these people nicely and with respect and get them to try and see things differently. In other words if they do this we must slap them on the fingers and say bad boy don't do it again.

@Kristin. I am not going to agree with you on that one lol. Diplomacy is not an option with criminals! They are murderers! Pure and simple and should be treated as such!

And yes I have bugger-all respect for them. But I will pay for gallows to hang them... that should be a nice way to treat them.

I do agree with you on one side but if you can't prove anything than that will not be possible. Also for me it is more important to change their mindset to prevent further murder. As hard as it sounds murders, which happened can't be unmade anymore but future murders can be prevented and that won't happen in most cases, if you just push them to the side of society and thereby give them the chance to continue with this murderous practice.

But you know what I answered this from a social worker's view. We are taught that we have better chance to get people to work with us and listen to us, if we show them respect for their person even if we cannot and should not agree with their thinking, believes or doings
gauri72 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ShaunSA

My experience is that u have to argue (for this girl child) with all pros and cons with proper example which I narrated.Otherwise they r not going to listen.u have to follow this way as a relative.In India punishment is there in law as shaun said.But here law breakers are not punished most of the time.

gauri72 thumbnail

One other custom is in India that "God bharai" is done by the woman who has not lost her single child and has a (preferably) baby boy.I was also reminded by my inlaws such custom at the time of my God bharai.Because 1st godbharai is done by husband's sis.She was married few years before me and had no child.But I insisted on for her only.I argued that.

What if she was younger than me and few years after my godbharai, we all come to know that she is not able to be mother?

Do God is so cruel that he would kill my child in womb or will change the gender after knowing that such stupid custom was not followed?Even my MIL ,her daughter and jamai were not agree with me. But I told everyone that she will get good omen after doing my godbharai. then all agreed with me .now I have 2 healthy and intelligent sons.

dont say I m praising me.Actually Shaun pulled all forum members to discuss saying that we always ready to discuss and fight over silly subjects instead of imp one.

Edited by gauri72 - 11 years ago
ruchisahay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
SNS won't show blatant gender discrimination to this extent.
Actually, it does have quite a few strong female characters (Koki, Baa, Kinjal, Urmi) who can think for themselves - not all are good but still they are sort of independent. Though the central character Gopi started out as really slavish, she too is finding her feet now.

But what I don't understand is why do female leads never have any career or for that matter any other goal in life except earning husband's approval 😡.

As far as abuse shown is concerned, I guess that is to make the viewers sympathize and root for the female lead. We all love to see underdogs winning and a bad guy being reformed by true love. That's why the female leads like Gopi don't walk out of a marriage - instead they stick to it with all their love and goodness.